AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

360%20-%20daniel_bryan%20macro%20microphone%20wwe%20yes.jpg

Need I say more?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tru-blu-entertainment-pty-ltd/afl-live-2-announced/589979147692001

SYDNEY, Australia
– July 5, 2013: Tru Blu Entertainment announced today thatAFL Live 2 is currently in development and will be released later this year onPlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®. AFL Live 2 promises to deliver a deeper andricher gameplay experience, as well as adding new features to the successfulfranchise.

AFL Live 2 now includes a comprehensive career mode, spanning 15 years, allowingfans to manage their players and their team all the way from the TAC Cup throughthe Peter Jackson VFL and into the Toyota AFL Premiership Season. The careermanager mode also allows control over training, where players gain experience andcan have individual statistics improved to suit your style of play. Sponsorships,staffing, tribunal, emails, drafting and trading are all included to be used as youprogress throughout the Career Mode.
“The demand for a new AFL game on Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® has beenstaggering. We have listened to our fans and improved the gameplay, byimproving your ability to out-manoeuvre your opponents, and selectingmeaningful team tactics that give you control of your team. In addition thecomprehensive 15-year career mode, new gameplay and new additions will allowAFL and sports fans alike the chance to experience all the action of the AFL fromthe best seat in the house” said Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo.
AFL Live 2 is packed with original content, as well as new features and updates:
  • Lead your AFL team to glory and win the Premiership flag!
  • Tackle, bump, fend-off, sheppard, spoil and take massive speccies
  • Unleash mighty torpedo goals from outside 50
  • Single player, competitive and co-operative multiplayer and online mode
  • Edit teams and create players in the Footy Factory
  • Multiple camera angles and dynamic replays
  • Expert commentary by Dennis Cometti and Tom Harley
  • 15-year career mode with drafting, trading, finances, tribunal, training and
    more
  • Over 60 teams from TAC Cup, VFL, AFL, as well as various bonus teams
    such as the Big V, Indigenous All-Stars and teams from the International Cup
  • Over 200 realistically modeled AFL star players
  • Realistic stadia in day, overcast, rain, night and twilight modes
  • Rich team tactics and combinations to personalise your strategy!
  • Detailed control over players and on-field maneuvering
  • Unlockable features; including stadia and bonus teams
“AFL Live 2 delivers an innovative new gameplay experience, accuratelycapturing the speed and strategy of today’s AFL,” said Jessica Hatz, AFLLicensing Manager. “It’s an incredibly realistic AFL experience and a must-havegame for anyone who loves their footy.”

999509_589979511025298_1018266485_n.jpg

Sounds bad ass. Can't wait. Interesting that they say later this year, surely they'd have to sneak it out before the season ends in order to maximise sales. I wonder if it might even beat BA Cricket to market. Can't wait either way.

Just reading over all of that again, there must be a metric s**t ton of players in this game if it's including every player in the VFL system too.

Can't wait to tuck into the 15 year career mode, that's going to be immense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm presuming that actual players from the TAC Cup and VFL won't be in the game, and they'll just be randomised create-a-players playing for them?

Surely it's fully licensed? If it doesn't have full lists, I'll be a little bit disappointed in all honesty.

I'm presuming that actual players from the TAC Cup and VFL won't be in the game, and they'll just be randomised create-a-players playing for them?

That's what happened in the App versions and on the Wii, but those were developed by Wicked Witch so, assuming Big Ant have developed this one, then it may be different this time around.

As long as it has names, that is fine by me. AFL Live was mostly names alone without the likeness, only tier-one players had their characters actually modeled after them and even then it was so-so for the most part.

So, if official lists are in, that's all I care about.

I'd love to have Collingwood's VFL list at my disposal as well as I can keep their squad up-to-date and all that good stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back