AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

really?

so there's still hope.

Anyone seen any recent aerial shots?
yeah, the chappell stands are still there

if anyone has a nearmap account, they could have a look at adelaide oval. sadly since they started charging the world for their service, i doubt anyone can

not sure exactly how old this is, but using your imagination it would appear to be a decent shape.

still would prefer a nice, big, round field, but this is ok.

Adelaide-oval-aero3Dpro.jpg

NO doubt they would have fixed the shape of the oval to make it a bit more symmetrical
I think that was the plan.

But what was the plan when they made it that shape? Would have to think they had plans in the bottom of the draw ready for someone else to pay for the upgrade.

theres a story on adelaide now at the moment. the little picture they have next to the headline on the main page shows it looks fairly symertical with the other side

Ad
I can not wait for footy at Adelaide Oval. I think footy in the city will be sensational.
I think it will be sensational too....if anyone can get to the oval in time to see the start of the game, and get home before the next day. Getting there and getting out will be....interesting.

A mate thinks it may not be finshed for the test match

The test is on the 5th-9th of December; I'd be staggered if they couldn't finished the southern stand by then. That's still over 4 months away and the entire stand is almost finished, bar the roof and installing the seats.

The test is on the 5th-9th of December; I'd be staggered if they couldn't finished the southern stand by then. That's still over 4 months away and the entire stand is almost finished, bar the roof and installing the seats.

The southern stand is supposed to be finished by the test.

The Eastern stand by March.

why will it be interesting, more than 50000 people head into the city every work day and it's not problem. Trains, trams and busses with many more parking in the CBD, there really is no problem.
Ever been to the Clipsal? Freeking nightmare getting out via public transport. Imagine if everyone working in the city left work at the 5pm final siren instead of spread out over 2 hours from 4-6.

I'll be leaving with plenty of time to get there and not making any plans for afterward. As for driving in there. There is no way we have adequate parking near by. The surrounds cant handle crowds of 30,000 for the cricket. I think these issues are by far the biggest problems in moving to AO. Like the thought of being there, dreading the travelling in and out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever been to the Clipsal? Freeking nightmare getting out via public transport. Imagine if everyone working in the city left work at the 5pm final siren instead of spread out over 2 hours from 4-6.
That would happen if you shut 2 of the 4 major outlets out of the city as well as one north-south road as well just out of town.

It'd be like closing Torrens road then POrt road gains a shitload more traffic, or closing Prospect and watching Main North Road become more hectic.
If you shut down major roads the others wont be able to cope and of course will lead to more traffic.

I think traffic will be fine. Far better than everyone trying to get out of West Lakes on the same road and it doesn't help that all the parking and public transport leaves from the same point.

So many parking spaces in the city if you have to drive, anywhere on the northern side suits me, will walk down. Anyone who lives near a train station should really consider parking and getting the train in. Busses that leave south, east or west should be fine.

Now if your going to try and park around the ground theirs going to be the obvious congestion. But at least the city gives us the option to spread out in every direction and people will be able to spread that out over a longer period of time because you can grab some food or a drink after the game, hopefully we bring that football atmosphere to the city before and after a game a bit like Melbourne, its a great feeling walking around with the team colours amongst others and over there strangers will always ask about the game or give their opinion after the game, here we seem to just rush in and out, and once you get out of West Lakes theirs nothing like that.

Adelaide Oval is actually way easier for me to get to since I live at Glenelg and that gives me 3 options to get into the city easily, tram, riding my bike and driving. Parking isn't an issue for me on the weekends as I can park at work and have a 10 minute walk down to the stadium.

A mate thinks it may not be finshed for the test match
Really?

I thought they'd talked about opening up some areas of the eastern stand to cope with demand, even though it isn't meant to be ready until March.

If the Ashes series churns out a few more Day 5 heart stoppers it could be the biggest summer of all time.

Then again, if we lose 0-5 maybe they can down tools now.

There is going to be an awesome atmosphere on the trains and people streaming over the footbridge. Wouldn't worry about the traffic, just park at a station and train it in. Might suck a little for eastern suburbanites but still infinitely better than driving out to west lakes surely

There is going to be an awesome atmosphere on the trains and people streaming over the footbridge. Wouldn't worry about the traffic, just park at a station and train it in. Might suck a little for eastern suburbanites but still infinitely better than driving out to west lakes surely
Yes, well, it will be fine for you lot that catch trains. No trains out TTG way. O'bahn is good, but where will we get off in the city? Don't fancy walking all the way up King William St on a rainy night to catch bus home.

(ETA: I've been parking in the AAMI stadium car park since 1997. Only takes 35 minutes to get there, and it's never taken me more than 10 minutes to get out. It's usually quicker than that, too.)

Yes, well, it will be fine for you lot that catch trains. No trains out TTG way. O'bahn is good, but where will we get off in the city? Don't fancy walking all the way up King William St on a rainy night to catch bus home.

(ETA: I've been parking in the AAMI stadium car park since 1997. Only takes 35 minutes to get there, and it's never taken me more than 10 minutes to get out. It's usually quicker than that, too.)

Have no fear. There are Obahn buses that stop on North Tce like the M44, stops on the cnr of North Tce and King William. NE suburbs are fine for access I used to live at Campbelltown, jump on the OBahn for uni dropped me out the front of uni, brilliant in the rain. Its more your Magills and such that will have it a bit worse than the rest of us. Still better for them than West Lakes having to skirt the city.

Hoping they are smart enough to keep the train startion arcade thing up to Hindley street open after games.

M44 will be fine, I'd expect quite a few people will be willing to walk up to the mall/currie street area to get a regular bus, and it will be interesting to see if they do some sort of footy express or just increase regular busses before and after games. So there won't be tons of busses and cars all trying to enter/exit the same small area at the same time, things will be more spread out.

I've on several occasions left a night game at Aami, got a footy express to the city, then just missed my normal bus home then had an hour wait for the very last bus of the night home and unless your willing to get to west lakes hours before the game traffic is horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back