Mega Thread The 2013/2014 Offseason Trade & Draft rumour megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy has some serious talent. If someone could unlock it he really could become a great player.

He'd be worth the risk at the right price but I can't see Mick doing any sort of deal that would favour us.

Would much rather go for Bellchambers or Mumford (subject to fitness).

If youre going to overpay for someone, do it for a bloke that will make the team substantially better

Agreed, I would go for Bellchambers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

because witts isnt ready yet and wont be ready for atleast another 2-3 seasons. At the end of this season we will only have Grundy and Witts on the list as rucks, Are you prepared for that to be the ruck combo from next year onwards?

Wow really? The last two times Witts has played AFL he has performed quite well, you don't think he'll be ready until 2015 or 2016?

For what Bellchambers would cost (and do you think Essendon would let anyone to go Collingwood cheaply?) I think he's not going to be worth it. I'd rather us chase a gun outside mid or legit key forward option.

Yarran is ridiculously talented, however there is something missing. His skill set would be handy no doubt, but I wouldn't be giving up a first round pick which I expect is what they would want for him. I think he will be playing in WA next year.

Yarran, no thanks, yes he can play but don't want that type of player (Too prone to be lazy, inconsistent, goes missing ) at the club.

Sad because his best is awesome and also we do have a deficiency in his skillset, but negs outweigh the pluses IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow really? The last two times Witts has played AFL he has performed quite well, you don't think he'll be ready until 2015 or 2016?

For what Bellchambers would cost (and do you think Essendon would let anyone to go Collingwood cheaply?) I think he's not going to be worth it. I'd rather us chase a gun outside mid or legit key forward option.

2 more preseason's for Witts I feel i.e 2015.
Agree would rather make a play for Mumford out of the 2, both will cost though. Ex Metro under 18 captain Billy Longer (21 next year and quality) would be worth chasing. The come home factor, having to play second fiddle to Leuenberger who will be around for another 10 years he may be worth a shot. They also have back up in Martin and Staker as back up.

GCS could be worth a serious look at also as they have 6 senior listed players between 200 and 205 cm's. There will be a serious lack of opportunity for the majority of the 6.

2 more preseason's for Witts I feel i.e 2015.
Agree would rather make a play for Mumford out of the 2, both will cost though. Ex Metro under 18 captain Billy Longer (21 next year and quality) would be worth chasing. The come home factor, having to play second fiddle to Leuenberger who will be around for another 10 years he may be worth a shot. They also have back up in Martin and Staker as back up.

GCS could be worth a serious look at also as they have 6 senior listed players between 200 and 205 cm's. There will be a serious lack of opportunity for the majority of the 6.

NO KJpie NO, say NO!:mad:

No don't waste another 1st round pick on a traded ruckmen just say NO.:eek::D

Seriously the club would have rocks in it's head to bring in another ruckmen for our 1st round pick when both our developing rucks have shown enough to suggest after another pre season they will be at the least competitive.

2014 is time for the 'Witts and Grundy' show with guest appearances from Jolly, our rucks are in transition all these rucks people are listing went through this it's time we put faith in ours.

You may have sold me up the proverbial there Loki?:)

It has changed BUT it is at the AFL's discretion a team CAN still receive a PP at the beginning of the draft.

I don't believe they deserve one full stop as if anything they should of been banned from the draft for the systematic tanking the club was involved in.

But Melb can still be awarded the #1 pick as a pp if the AFL think they need it.

Big no from me. He has had a long time to make an impact... He has gone ok the past month with the best midfield in the league drilling the ball to him. Soon as Reid is fit again he is out.
Also, I doubt he has as much upside as people think. The swans have proven great developers of young talent in recent years and if they have not got the best out of him I doubt any club can do better.
Sam Reid yes please but can't see how.

Nope. I'd rather recruit - our development coaches are pumping out jets at the moment. If you're looking for a quick indigenous runner with good foot skills then look in the draft or rookie draft. Much better value and we can keep the $$$ for our premium players

The guy has some serious talent. If someone could unlock it he really could become a great player.

He'd be worth the risk at the right price but I can't see Mick doing any sort of deal that would favour us.

This for me. He really has exquisite skills but is as soft as butter, can't defend one on one and is inconsistent. He'd have to play on a wing where I think we have some pretty good options at the moment.

No way does Malthouse let him come to us, just in case it bit him on the arse. carlton supporters would want Malthouses head if Yarran shone under Bucks after playing some very good footy under Ratten.

It has changed BUT it is at the AFL's discretion a team CAN still receive a PP at the beginning of the draft.
I tend to agree with you although Knightmare seemed certain this was no longer the case.
I'm fairly sure Gillon McLachlan stated in an interview approx a month ago the AFL were seriously contemplating awarding the first choice to the Dee's. At the end of the day they are a power unto themselves and will change rules as they see fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back