Mega Thread The 2013/2014 Offseason Trade & Draft rumour megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

If the rumor about Daisy going to Carlton is true... Do you think there would be any chance in the world that Carlton would consider including the Daisy move in a trade for Yarran? (Even though they wouldn't actually need to trade for him)

Couldn't think of a worse trade.....

NO KJpie NO, say NO!:mad:

No don't waste another 1st round pick on a traded ruckmen just say NO.:eek::D

Seriously the club would have rocks in it's head to bring in another ruckmen for our 1st round pick when both our developing rucks have shown enough to suggest after another pre season they will be at the least competitive.

2014 is time for the 'Witts and Grundy' show with guest appearances from Jolly, our rucks are in transition all these rucks people are listing went through this it's time we put faith in ours.

I hear you! We certainly didn't waste our first choice on Jol's though (a proven ruck) and I see Mumford along the same lines (proven and quality) unlike Wood who had potential and little heart.
Before the decision is definitive we have the luxury of seeing how Jolly returns and performs after knee surgery. Year by year it seems to be degenerating. A lot of posters believe this will be his last year, I'm not sold just yet.

My concern is that if Jol's has another year similar or worse than 2013 and say Grundy injures himself at any stage as per this year then we are left with Witt's and he needs more time. If we cannot acquire a top liner i.e. Mummie then we will have to look to the state leagues for some quality without selling the farm. It all depends on Jol's IMO, he must be able to provide decent support at worst.

2 more preseason's for Witts I feel i.e 2015.
Agree would rather make a play for Mumford out of the 2, both will cost though. Ex Metro under 18 captain Billy Longer (21 next year and quality) would be worth chasing. The come home factor, having to play second fiddle to Leuenberger who will be around for another 10 years he may be worth a shot. They also have back up in Martin and Staker as back up.

GCS could be worth a serious look at also as they have 6 senior listed players between 200 and 205 cm's. There will be a serious lack of opportunity for the majority of the 6.

Longer looks good but with Grundy on the list who appears to be a similar player, there is no reason to chase him.

I don't agree at all that we need an extra two pre seasons into Witts. He's shown in his last two AFL matches he's good enough to play senior football now, will be better again next year. I'm confident him and Grundy could be an effective AFL level combo from 2014 onwards.

I hear you! We certainly didn't waste our first choice on Jol's though (a proven ruck) and I see Mumford along the same lines (proven and quality) unlike Wood who had potential and little heart.
Before the decision is definitive we have the luxury of seeing how Jolly returns and performs after knee surgery. Year by year it seems to be degenerating. A lot of posters believe this will be his last year, I'm not sold just yet.

My concern is that if Jol's has another year similar or worse than 2013 and say Grundy injures himself at any stage as per this year then we are left with Witt's and he needs more time. If we cannot acquire a top liner i.e. Mummie then we will have to look to the state leagues for some quality without selling the farm. It all depends on Jol's IMO, he must be able to provide decent support at worst.

We didn't waste it on Jols but we wasted about 3-4 others prior to him on duds, on top of this our club was in a completely different situation then we had nothing in the seniors and nothing coming through underneath.

Atm we have two promising rucks coming through and an old stager still capable of contesting and giving our mids at least a chance to rove a 50/50 'deadball'.

Grundy is winning clear taps the funny thing is our mids don't have faith in him and weren't running to the spots he was hitting too against the bummers.

Longer looks good but with Grundy on the list who appears to be a similar player, there is no reason to chase him.

I don't agree at all that we need an extra two pre seasons into Witts. He's shown in his last two AFL matches he's good enough to play senior football now, will be better again next year. I'm confident him and Grundy could be an effective AFL level combo from 2014 onwards.

On Witts, 2 more pre seasons will see him get the required strength to get off the ground and not be moved off his line so easily, next year he will be at least competitive as much as some of the names mentioned are currently.

Time to put the faith in our young rucks and give them the responsibility and opportunity to flourish.

Witts and Grundy are developing nicely as ruck prospects, Keeffe is coming along nicely as a KP defender and Frost looks a find. We need to start thinking about the Cloke succession plan in 3 or 4 years time with our next draft picks coming up.

Yarran has a lot of talent and a lot of speed but, questions remain over his reputation for being a pea-hearted downhill skier.

This is not the right type of trade we should be making. GC and GWS are much more fertile ground - they have way too many talented young players and some will have to leave to get game time. We need a Caddy not a Yarran.

For leg speed reasons only. We lack it so much its ridiculous. It will really show on Saturday night against the swans. He has loads of it so id look at the price. If its overs leave it. If your specifically looking for leg speed it wouldn't be hsrd to find elsewhere. If the deal is fairish id def consider it though.

For leg speed reasons only. We lack it so much its ridiculous. It will really show on Saturday night against the swans. He has loads of it so id look at the price. If its overs leave it. If your specifically looking for leg speed it wouldn't be hsrd to find elsewhere. If the deal is fairish id def consider it though.

Seedsman and Harry are very quick across half back, so our back line is covered.

Williams and Sinclair are also very fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't waste it on Jols but we wasted about 3-4 others prior to him on duds, on top of this our club was in a completely different situation then we had nothing in the seniors and nothing coming through underneath.

Atm we have two promising rucks coming through and an old stager still capable of contesting and giving our mids at least a chance to rove a 50/50 'deadball'.

Grundy is winning clear taps the funny thing is our mids don't have faith in him and weren't running to the spots he was hitting too against the bummers.

Im not sure its the fact they dont have faith in him, i would be more inclined to think that they play to their instincts. Their instincts over most of their carrers is to have to try and win the ball off the opposition ruckmans tap, since we havent had a dominant jumping tap ruckman.

I think it will just be a bit of a transition phase that the players now begin to realise they have a ruckman who can jump and decisivley win a hitout, so they may need to reposition themselves.

Im not sure its the fact they dont have faith in him, i would be more inclined to think that they play to their instincts. Their instincts over most of their carrers is to have to try and win the ball off the opposition ruckmans tap, since we havent had a dominant jumping tap ruckman.

I think it will just be a bit of a transition phase that the players now begin to realise they have a ruckman who can jump and decisivley win a hitout, so they may need to reposition themselves.

I agree they are used to roving to losing rucks or rucks who negate like Jolly so the ball tends to fall at the feet of the competing rucks, but this also boils down to building 'faith' in Grundy to win the tap or the player will be out of position.

Also agree with your second point.

On Witts, 2 more pre seasons will see him get the required strength to get off the ground and not be moved off his line so easily, next year he will be at least competitive as much as some of the names mentioned are currently.

Time to put the faith in our young rucks and give them the responsibility and opportunity to flourish.

Completely agree. The ruck future looks bright.

We didn't waste it on Jols but we wasted about 3-4 others.
Atm we have two promising rucks

Grundy is winning clear taps the funny thing is our mids don't have faith in him and weren't running to the spots he was hitting too
Yes some choices were poor, but that going back along time ago other than Wood as mentioned. Those days are over one would hope.
I see Grundy far more than a promising ruck. I don't think it's a matter of Faith, familiarisation is more likely at such early stages. Has Ball even roved to him and the others maybe once or twice.
I'd still prefer a ruck/ forward unless Jol's retires this year!

I don't agree at all that we need an extra two pre seasons into Witts. will be better again next year.
2 preseasons, one year. As you state he will be better again next year and again the year after.
That's exactly my point.

Frost looks a find.
Frost has looked a player for 3 - 4 years now, he just can,t get on the ground often enough due to injuries. Unfortunately nothing has changed in 2013 for the kid; could use some luck.

Frost has looked a player for 3 - 4 years now, he just can,t get on the ground often enough due to injuries. Unfortunately nothing has changed in 2013 for the kid; could use some luck.

Well in his Games he has Played he looked very Promising. Love his Aggressive Tackles

Do people actually think Jolly will be around next year? He looks shot and has mentioned wanting to finish of his contract. He also said he wanted to finish and be remembered as a contributor, he won't get a better chance than now as he isn't going to be able to contribute next year.

Yes, we need a mature back-up for Witts and Grundy, but I figure the club will go down the VFL route rather than re-signing Jolly.

KJpie said:
Frost has looked a player for 3 - 4 years now, he just can,t get on the ground often enough due to injuries. Unfortunately nothing has changed in 2013 for the kid; could use some luck.​
Well in his Games he has Played he looked very Promising. Love his Aggressive Tackles
Absolutely agree TD, my point was similar to the likes of Dick, Rusling etc the poor kid has not been able to get onto the park for 3 years in a row now I hope he is retained as a rookie next year as he has shown enough to prove he's worth the risk.

Do people actually think Jolly will be around next year? He has mentioned wanting to finish of his contract.
Yes, we need a mature back-up for Witts and Grundy, but I figure the club will go down the VFL route rather than re-signing Jolly.
Very mixed opinions, I'm 50/50 pendant on how he sees out the year. Does he have one more year left on his contract Chilli?
Agree Re: state ruck option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back