Game Day AFL 2nd Qualifying Final match discussion - Geelong v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's about time to start this thread.

Will be interesting to see if there are any late changes. Seems pretty certain that Luke McPharlin will be a late change for Freo if the morning papers are any indication, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that Guthrie might be a late inclusion for us.

Nice and overcast down here too, with showers predicted this afternoon. Typical Simonds Stadium match-day weather. Just hoping the breeze picks up a bit.

Hearing something about Hawkins missing. Not sure of credibility. Would assume if that is the case it'll be Hawkins out, Guthrie in, which IMHO would be a net gain against Freo.

What's the weather like in Geelong?

Just cannot see Hawkins out unless he woke up stiff and sore - which is obviously possible.

If he is out we will still need a KPF so Guthrie will not come in for Hawkins. More likely Walker who is an emergency.

I am still hopeful that Guthrie comes in for Thunt but that is all it is - a hope.

On the other hand it is possible (not likely IMO) that Caddy, Vardy, Motlop, Blicavs and/or THunt to prove themselves when it truly counts. Nothing like a young player playing a good final for heir confidence and progress.

And to prove the MC right (no Guthrie or West and playing Hawkins).

Just cannot see Hawkins out unless he woke up stiff and sore - which is obviously possible.

If he is out we will still need a KPF so Guthrie will not come in for Hawkins. More likely Walker who is an emergency.

I am still hopeful that Guthrie comes in for Thunt but that is all it is - a hope.

I'd say that's a problem for most guys...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't they have put Vardy forward and put West in the ruck?

It makes absolutely no sense.

West wasn't even on the emergencies, so they must have no intentions of playing him no matter the circumstances, 'cause this is probably the best chance he was going to get with Hawkins out.

Surely if Hawkins is out, you would bring in West and let Vardy play forward?

Don't know if Walker can do enough, like to be proven wrong though.

Otto's on K-Rock at the moment, and said after Walker's game in the VFL final last week, he deserved to be promoted this week. He admitted it's a big step up, but he's confident Walker can handle it.

Slightly off topic, but South Barwon will be coached in their 2nd semi final today against Grovedale by one C.Tutungi.
How absolutely super! Will he be at the game?

Otto's on K-Rock at the moment, and said after Walker's game in the VFL final last week, he deserved to be promoted this week. He admitted it's a big step up, but he's confident Walker can handle it.

I hope so. I know Hawkins is far from his best but I still think structurally he is still good for our side. Now pods gets number 1 defender and when he roams up the ground, Walker is holding the fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back