2014 draw

Remove this Banner Ad

maace

Senior List
Aug 13, 2013
Shanghai
AFL Club
Collingwood
Considering we had a tough draw this year (faced Hawks, Bombers, Carlton and North twice) does anyone know if we'll have an easier draw next year? seeing as we technically finished 8th (6th on ladder though).

Only play a maximum of 2 of the top 6 six teams twice, you would expect one to be Carlton so should be a lot better draw for us.

Group 1: 1-2 double ups Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Carlton
Group 2: 2-3 double ups Richmond, Essendon, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane
Group 3: 1-2 double ups West Coast, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, St.Kilda, Melbourne, GWS

Group 1: 1-2 double ups Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Carlton
Group 2: 2-3 double ups Richmond, Essendon, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane
Group 3: 1-2 double ups West Coast, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, St.Kilda, Melbourne, GWS
GUARANTEE you that group 1 will have 2 double-ups, and group 3 will have 1 double-up. No way the AFL wants to be seen to hand us an easy draw. Of course Essenscum, Adelaide, Richmond might end up with cushier draws. Not that I'm paranoid, it's just that the AFL really is out to get us!

We already know that we play the Bombers and Carlton twice, that only leaves 3 more teams that we play twice, never too hard to figure out our draw.

As for interstate trips, it should look like this based on a reversal of our 2013 trips;

1 to QLD (Gabba vs Lions)
2 to NSW (Swans at ANZ, GWS at Skoda)
1 to SA (Crows at Adelaide Oval, can't wait for this one)
1 to WA (Eagles)

But I suspect the AFL will try and throw us in for one more interstate trip next year, which doesn't really matter as it just means one less game at Etihad (14 games guaranteed at the MCG).

We will get an easier draw, will play essinjection twice, richmond twice, carlton twice then probably 2 games against wb/melb/gws

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will get Hawthorn, Carlton, Richmond, Essendon, West Coast twice.
I think that is pretty bloody close to how it will pan out. All 5 could be finalists next year.
We aint getting GC, GWS, Saints, Dogs or Melbourne twice that's for sure.
The new system will not see our fixture change too much....we will still get one of the toughest draws.
We will finish up with a draw similar to Hawks & Cats.

Never know, we might be playing Gold Coast twice next year. considering they beat us this year Vlad will be determined for 2-0 for Gold Coast too beat us too boost numbers over there.

Played Hawks twice this year, so next year fixture:
- top 6 teams: Geelong & Carlton
- middle 6 teams: Richmond & Essendon
- bottom 6 team: West Coast
Lock it in Eddie

The AFL could give us:
top: Carlton
middle: Essendon & Brisbane
bottom: GWS & Melbourne

But they won't.

I suspect our draw will be much the same as it always is.
Because of the blockbusters? If so, thanks Ben.

Don't know how fast news travels to Young but there's a new formula in place, based on grouping of teams 1-6, 7-12 & 13-18. Internet is your friend.

We already know that we play the Bombers and Carlton twice, that only leaves 3 more teams that we play twice, never too hard to figure out our draw.

As for interstate trips, it should look like this based on a reversal of our 2013 trips;

1 to QLD (Gabba vs Lions)
2 to NSW (Swans at ANZ, GWS at Skoda)
1 to SA (Crows at Adelaide Oval, can't wait for this one)
1 to WA (Eagles)

But I suspect the AFL will try and throw us in for one more interstate trip next year, which doesn't really matter as it just means one less game at Etihad (14 games guaranteed at the MCG).

No way we would get 6 interstate games.

Under the fair system that should be used that I am pushing we would get.....

The runner up (going by the bookies Fremantle)
5th (going by the bookies Port Adelaide)
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Melbourne

Home games vs four interstate sides, locked in, plus Melbourne... :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back