• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
I read someone post that they spoke with Swanny in Vegas and asked "The Great One" about Dids playing in 2014 and that Swanny said he thought he might move to Sydney... but did not elaborate of where he would play.

Now Heater is a Giant... Is there a chance that Dids could end up there also?

Living in Sydney and have grown to hate the Swans is there a chance... any chance... that half the Ratpack could be starting a covers band called "The Big Ants"?

For me it would be the new Fitzroy - my second favorite team!

Skoda is an awesome stadium...

I love Heater...

Add in some magic sausage rolls from Mr Magic II and I'm buying a GWS membership...

Watching Dids and Heater play on Saturday arvos in front of 3,000 people... that's what i call an awesome option!

GWS hopefully pick him up as a DFA in a few weeks time, at the very least he'll keep Heath company in his new town.

Both SA teams apparently have said no to Dids, so it's really only the low teams like the Dees, Giants and Saints that could possibly want someone like him.

I hope he gets one more year somewhere.

I hope he undusts the shimmy for GWS and stars, though can't see it happening.

Very happy to see our ageing stars head to a retirement village at GWS: anything is better for footy than GWS recruiting players from the no-neck league. Its a real pity the blues have developed a penchant for our discards, ruined what could have been a perfect relationship with GWS.

Yeah tend to agree.

He may have a little bit left, but probably not a lot really.

Why taint the great memories.

When Daics was axed, I wanted him to fire up and even play for the Bombers when Sheedy showed interest. Once the anger subsided, I was glad he finished as a Collingwood man.

You're right but both were pretty much discarded the same way and they were my favourites in their respective eras.

Daics and Browny were treated very, very ordinarilly by the club at the time of their retirements.
Its just MHO but I dont consider Didak a club legend and if 2 out and out guns got the tap on the shoulder, Didak sure as hell deserves to as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daics and Browny were treated very, very ordinarilly by the club at the time of their retirements.
Its just MHO but I dont consider Didak a club legend and if 2 out and out guns got the tap on the shoulder, Didak sure as hell deserves to as well.

I guess there's no nice way to tell a bloke that he is done. I agree that he wasn't an out and out champ but I loved the creativity when he was at his best. His case was made worse buy the dickhead players making public comment about him being best 22. That and him being a bit of a stain meant that I wasn't surprised nor spewing that he was given the arse.

Daics only seriously considered one offer, when he finished at Collingwood, from the Swans. It was his mum who convinced him not to take it... (Insert thick Greek mum accent) "Because when people think of Peter Daicos, they think of Black and White" (Quote/ Unquote.)

Fact.

Didak is 30.

Daicos was 33.

Didak showed pure class in his senior stints towards the end of the year averaging over 10 possessions a quarter of any game time (everytime) he played... His silky skills and a goal or 2 after the siren to win the game for GWS...

I wanna see that.

He wants to play on...

He would be great for Heath too... [ or do we all want him to retire too - now he's not in Black and White!!! ]

Dids has something left to give.

I wanna see that man celebrate 1 or 2 more times!

When Daics was axed, I wanted him to fire up and even play for the Bombers when Sheedy showed interest. Once the anger subsided, I was glad he finished as a Collingwood man.

I hated Lethal Lee for so long, he took away the reason why the pies belong in my heart, Sometimes you have too close your eyes and rip the band aid off. But in the end I realised Father time took Daicos along with dids, not leathal or Buckley. However what's a Collingwood team with out a European maestro, I think Fasolo will step up and be that freak we need.

Further to the Euro thing,lets hope Hine does the right thing and get Bontepelli that guy will be something else.

So he's on your rubbish heap?

I just don't think clubs would want to pick a guy who probably has 1 year left in him and has struggled with injuries the last 3 years. He could do it, but I don't think any team in contention would select him and I don't see much value for the struggling sides. I like Didak, but I don't like his chances.

Back