What has you most excited about 2014?

Not most excited, but I am really interested in seeing how Gia will be managed. Will he play the majority of his games as sub? Will he play any full games? Will he play at Footscray at all?

Of course I'm excited about our new recruits, specifically Crameri, Darley and Fuller. Crameri for his X factor and to see how he gets our forward line to function, Darley because he looks to be VERY talented and I'm hoping he can break into the team early on and make GWS feel horrible for losing him. Fuller for those 70m kicks from half back :D I also am excited about Honey and Bonts, but don't expect much from them next year. I would love to see them surprise a lot of people and make an impact next year!

Also I'm interested in seeing the improvement in our KPP's Roughy, Talia, Jones, Campbell and most importantly Roberts. You could see how he has a great footy brain in his couple of AFL matches, and I want to see more of that, and want to see him at AFL level.

I'm excited about HOPEFULLY seeing Tutt improve and become best 22, providing us a lot of run and carry on the outside.

I'm excited to see how Griff goes with the captaincy, and to see if it enhances his stance as a player even more. And also how Boyd goes without the captaincy, hopefully he can get back to near his best and do it consistently.

I'm excited to hopefully see both of Williams and Higgins play 10+ quality games. If we can get that from them, then it's a win.

I'm going to be so happy to see Footscray play at Whitten Oval. I never really got to see that, and a few of us here are similar due to use being a bit younger, and it's going to be awesome for all fans of the Dogs to see Footscray back at the Whitten Oval.

I'm excited in seeing the natural improvement of our young players like Wallis, JJ, Dahl, Stringer, Macrae, Hunter, Hrovat. Specifically Stringer and Hunter. Stringer as the beast gets more of a run in the midfield, and Hunter as he works on his tank, that kid is so naturally talented, how did we get him in the 3rd round??? I expect to see these guys a lot next year. And the return of Smith!! Geez it's going to be hard to fit all these guys in!

Oh and of course seeing Libba's brownlow ;)

In summary I'm excited about everything :p

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im excited to see Roughy cement himself as one of the most promising FBs in the league, hes only 23 (24?) this year which is still a baby in terms of his height/position.

1. Having our own VFL team Footscray playing at the Whitten Western VU Oval. Mainly for the cultural aspect of it rather than a tangible benefit to our success but it should be great from that aspect as well.

2. Stringer - already exciting and only going to get better

3. McRae - had a really good vibe about him from the start

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
- Ryan Griffen leading the group out in games.
- Stringer after a good solid pre-season. His running style and engine currently worries me but I am sure a big pre-season fixes that!
- To see if Jarrad Grant can back it up.
- Our depth - Fuller, Young, Williams, Wood, Tutt, Pearce, Cordy, Darley, Honeychurch
- Crameri in the forward line kicking goals
- Bontempelli - don't want him rushed but can't wait to see him play
- (HOPEFULLY) Roberts to get games! Could be a real weapon.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
- Cordy to start fulfilling his talent and in the process making a lot of people on here look very silly.
- Jones to pull his finger out of his a*** and have a break out game early in the season by slotting 4 or 5 majors and taking 10 grabs.
- Watching the continual improvement of our young mids.
- Seeing how the opposition tries to combat the flexibility and randomness of our forward line. I think our forward line is extremely underrated.
- Possibly a few of our experienced lads playing different roles. Perhaps Boyd will be a defensive forward, Higgins might play in defense, Murphy could play deep in the forward line, you never know. I just feel something a bit left field is going to happen with one or a few of the older guys.

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Very excited for the VFL team and watching our impressive array of young players develop through it. Guys like Hrovat / Prudden / Roberts etc who may not be best 22 to start the season, have the chance to be some of the best players going around in the VFL and really push hard for selection every week. Doing it in the red, white and blue is great too and I think with the quality in the squad, Footscray should be a very competitive outfit.

What will most excite me is if we stand up to the added pressure on us caused by those ahead desperate to stay ahead of us by beating us. If the team stands up and wins more than they lose to such clubs, then I'll have reason to channel Big Kev, if not (i.e a season of stagnation or worse) then it won't be excitement that I'll be showing.

Aug 24, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not most excited, but I am really interested in seeing how Gia will be managed. Will he play the majority of his games as sub? Will he play any full games? Will he play at Footscray at all?

Of course I'm excited about our new recruits, specifically Crameri, Darley and Fuller. Crameri for his X factor and to see how he gets our forward line to function, Darley because he looks to be VERY talented and I'm hoping he can break into the team early on and make GWS feel horrible for losing him. Fuller for those 70m kicks from half back :D I also am excited about Honey and Bonts, but don't expect much from them next year. I would love to see them surprise a lot of people and make an impact next year!

Also I'm interested in seeing the improvement in our KPP's Roughy, Talia, Jones, Campbell and most importantly Roberts. You could see how he has a great footy brain in his couple of AFL matches, and I want to see more of that, and want to see him at AFL level.

I'm excited about HOPEFULLY seeing Tutt improve and become best 22, providing us a lot of run and carry on the outside.

I'm excited to see how Griff goes with the captaincy, and to see if it enhances his stance as a player even more. And also how Boyd goes without the captaincy, hopefully he can get back to near his best and do it consistently.

I'm excited to hopefully see both of Williams and Higgins play 10+ quality games. If we can get that from them, then it's a win.

I'm going to be so happy to see Footscray play at Whitten Oval. I never really got to see that, and a few of us here are similar due to use being a bit younger, and it's going to be awesome for all fans of the Dogs to see Footscray back at the Whitten Oval.

I'm excited in seeing the natural improvement of our young players like Wallis, JJ, Dahl, Stringer, Macrae, Hunter, Hrovat. Specifically Stringer and Hunter. Stringer as the beast gets more of a run in the midfield, and Hunter as he works on his tank, that kid is so naturally talented, how did we get him in the 3rd round??? I expect to see these guys a lot next year. And the return of Smith!! Geez it's going to be hard to fit all these guys in!

Oh and of course seeing Libba's brownlow ;)

In summary I'm excited about everything :p

timtamWB is very excited...

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
1472043_10151760623616417_1385377409_n.jpg

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Lachie Hunter and Nathan Hrovat.

Looking forward to the continuing development of the younger blokes, especially Lachie Hunter. I think he is going to be crazy good.

Also interested in Campbell and how he goes playing as a forward this year while Big Will still holds down the ruck position.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im just really looking forward to how our 2012 draftees go, I reckon one of them might have a serious breakout year (although I couldn't tell you which one, which is the best bit :p) Stringer looks really fit compared to last year IMO, has cut a bit of that puppy fat he still had, and we all know about Macrae!

Preseason games are in Feb right? Thats actually not too far away, time really is flying

cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
If they can continue on the same upward trend as the second-half of 2013, with consistent development and running out games, I will be most happy.

If they regress to the tripe we saw against GWS - I won't be.

I don't expect finals - but I expect us to be in the conversation for a good two-thirds of the season.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How 35 goes into 22
Barring numerous injuries the pressure for positions in the team will be unprecedented in the history of this club. ( well at least since the 1970s, I don't really know much about what preceded)
I expect us to be more scrappy with our form: challenging and beating top four teams one weak then losing to bottom four teams the next.

I am fascinated to see how our match day coaches respond within games, as they finally have sufficient weapons to challenge against most opponents.

I am fascinated to see whether our promising recruits like Stringer and Macrae can secure positions they can call their own for the next 5-7 years.

Our coach will be under increased scrutiny in his third year. To date, I believe he has ticked every box and achieved everything expected of him. However, 5 or more losses in a row will not be readily forgiven as it has been. Having said that, i believe the obvious improvements in personnel, their improved fitness, strength and game awareness gives the team every chance to improve on last year.

My slogan for this year is "anything is possible"
Being a youngish team with so many up and coming talented kids and so many who are not established AFL players, I think the natural tendency is to be cautious even pessimistic in evaluating our prospects.

How 35 goes into 22
Barring numerous injuries the pressure for positions in the team will be unprecedented in the history of this club. ( well at least since the 1970s, I don't really know much about what preceded)
I expect us to be more scrappy with our form: challenging and beating top four teams one weak then losing to bottom four teams the next.

I am fascinated to see how our match day coaches respond within games, as they finally have sufficient weapons to challenge against most opponents.

I am fascinated to see whether our promising recruits like Stringer and Macrae can secure positions they can call their own for the next 5-7 years.

Our coach will be under increased scrutiny in his third year. To date, I believe he has ticked every box and achieved everything expected of him. However, 5 or more losses in a row will not be readily forgiven as it has been. Having said that, i believe the obvious improvements in personnel, their improved fitness, strength and game awareness gives the team every chance to improve on last year.

My slogan for this year is "anything is possible"
Being a youngish team with so many up and coming talented kids and so many who are not established AFL players, I think the natural tendency is to be cautious even pessimistic in evaluating our prospects.

Should have told the club, would have been a good slogan for us this year.

Obscene

Debutant
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1. Can we reduce debt and not rely on our President to dig deep into his pockets ?
2. Can Garlick become a CEO with vision and initiative like Campbell Rose ?
3. Will our much hyped own VFL side be a good move and sound investment at $ 700.0K or will we realise we had the best deal ever with Williamstown
4. Can Hunter, Hrovat, Macrae and Stringer avoid second year blues ? They can become "special" players and will prove to be a great draft !!!
5. On the other hand the decision to keep Redpath, Jong and Greenwood as third year rookies will prove to be the dumbest decisions ever ........ we missed a golden opportunity to bring 3 new young players into the club at the most recent Rookie Draft.
6. I would be excited if we could reach 35,000 members.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
1. Can we reduce debt and not rely on our President to dig deep into his pockets ?
2. Can Garlick become a CEO with vision and initiative like Campbell Rose ?
3. Will our much hyped own VFL side be a good move and sound investment at $ 700.0K or will we realise we had the best deal ever with Williamstown
4. Can Hunter, Hrovat, Macrae and Stringer avoid second year blues ? They can become "special" players and will prove to be a great draft !!!
5. On the other hand the decision to keep Redpath, Jong and Greenwood as third year rookies will prove to be the dumbest decisions ever ........ we missed a golden opportunity to bring 3 new young players into the club at the most recent Rookie Draft.
6. I would be excited if we could reach 35,000 members.

1. Depends on success in my opinion - in the meantime I'm not worried about the debt.
2. We'll see. His time at the club so far has shown a lot of initiative, but Campbell Rose was an excellent CEO.
3. Yeah, it already has, if you ask me. Players need game time at VFL level, not for the Willy reserves.
4. I think we nursed them through their first year enough to avoid that.
5. Agreed with the exception of Jong - Redpath and Greenwood clearly won't make it, we're effectively a gym that pays them at this stage.
6. 35,000 is a very achievable mark. A 5000 increase on the previous year would be fantastic for our club's image and finances.

Jay Clark picks his rising star top 10. Stringer in at 5 and hrovat at 7. Dogs only team with 2 guys in the top 10.

He must have missed the photo of Macrae at training then.

Jan 18, 2011
North Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am excited to see what happens when we swing the new breed junkyard dogs into the midfield

Starting stars: griffin, Boyd, Cooney, Libba, Wallis, Dahl (Missy if fit)

New breed: stringer, Macrae. smith. Hrovat, Hunter, Strevens

= these guys all have serious talent and are right on the trajectory we want

Pups; Bonts, Honeybunch, Darley, phantom (Prudden) - who knows but great to have even more coming through

And this is just the mids - key look ok and could be Campbell's breakout year - he is way ahead of expectations - Drago will rule in 2014

Back