* Still missing *Malaysian Airlines plane with 239 on board

Remove this Banner Ad

It's simply unbelievable this is still going. Once the plane dropped off the radar, I thought that's it all dead and crash will be found in 12-24 hours. But no, a week and half later...

It's simply unbelievable this is still going. Once the plane dropped off the radar, I thought that's it all dead and crash will be found in 12-24 hours. But no, a week and half later...

Will they ever find it?

I have no idea anymore.

Can someone explain what the corridor is all about? Like, how large is the corridor and does it follow a straight line, or is it an arc? Also, how do they work out the corridor?

Cheers

An instrument ACARS onboard the plane sent a 'ping' every hour. This 'ping' simply tests whether a satellite is reachable. The difference in time between when the 'ping' was sent by the plane and received by the satellite tells us how far from the satellite the plane was when the ping was sent. It doesn't say much about direction thus there is a circle around the satellite of equidistant points each of which could be the last known position of the plane. Thus the southern corridor is based around the southern part of the circle around the satellite.

Can someone explain what the corridor is all about? Like, how large is the corridor and does it follow a straight line, or is it an arc? Also, how do they work out the corridor?

Cheers

Apparently they picked up some pings from the plane on a satellite and used those to map out possible flight paths, one south towards the WA coast and one north towards Kazakhstan

I don't understand how they still can't work out which general direction it went in though, you'd think they'd at least know if it went north or south.

Last edited:
An instrument ACARS onboard the plane sent a 'ping' every hour. This 'ping' simply tests whether a satellite is reachable. The difference in time between when the 'ping' was sent by the plane and received by the satellite tells us how far from the satellite the plane was when the ping was sent. It doesn't say much about direction thus there is a circle around the satellite of equidistant points each of which could be the last known position of the plane. Thus the southern corridor is based around the southern part of the circle around the satellite.

That is brilliant to know. I had wondered how they did it.

So am I right to assume that it would have to be within an hour's flight time of either of the two points of last contact?

I thought the angle of the ping received told the story? I.e. From Satellite position, directly "down" is 0deg and 90deg at the poles or furthest reachable points of the earth. Ping was at 40 degrees (unknown direction) hence the "arcs of mystery"....

Yeah yeah......I've read that all stuff too.

Makes a great James Bond vs Spectre plot but in real life , why go to all this trouble to achieve your nefarious and diabolical end?

If elimination is your goal, hire an assassin and shoot them all, plant a bomb in their hotel room, or just blow up the plane and treat the other 229 passengers as Collateral Damage,

If recruitment is the objective, make them an economic offer they can't refuse.......surely if you have the resources and capability, it's a simpler and cheaper solution than making a 777 disappear of the face of the earth entirely.

Yeah yeah......I've read that all stuff too.

Makes a great James Bond vs Spectre plot but in real life , why go to all this trouble to achieve your nefarious and diabolical end?

If elimination is your goal, hire an assassin and shoot them all, plant a bomb in their hotel room, or just blow up the plane and treat the other 229 passengers as Collateral Damage,

If recruitment is the objective, make them an economic offer they can't refuse.......surely if you have the resources and capability, it's a simpler and cheaper solution than making a 777 disappear of the face of the earth entirely.

Just putting it out there that all those action blockbuster espionage type films....all that kind of elaborate high-tech ingenious way of hijacking important people etc etc. It's possible in real life too that those kinds of things happen in similar kinds of ways (tho not so Hollywood of course).

Also, maybe those engineers were needed alive and taken somewhere where they had to do something "or else", kinda like that film with John Travolta and Hue Jackman as the hacker or whatever.

I thought the angle of the ping received told the story? I.e. From Satellite position, directly "down" is 0deg and 90deg at the poles or furthest reachable points of the earth. Ping was at 40 degrees (unknown direction) hence the "arcs of mystery"....
Time of flight I believe. Though this does have the affect of determining an angle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have satellites that can see bloody motorbikes on google earth but we can't see and track a huge plane over blue ocean. Unbelievable. IMO There is a lot more to come out that is already known but I reckon they'll just hope it dies out before the next huge story.

Feel for the families in all of this.

Another intriguing detail from the press conference concerned the remain fuel on the flight. Malaysia Airlines was asked how long the plane could have flown after contact was lost.

“We estimate it could have another 30 minutes of fuel”, the company’s chief executive replied.

From the Telegraph:

Has the plane been flown to a Taliban base?
After numerous theories of a possible sea crash, hijack and pilot suicide, Malaysian authorities are seeking diplomatic permission to scrutinize Taliban-controlled bases on the borders of Afghanistan and North West Pakistan, the Independent reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700892/Malaysian-Airlines
the US is itching for a war, i said this would happen about 140 pages back at the start.
when you see who the major stake holders of the military industrial complex are, things make perfect sense.

The plane isn't in Canberra, Australia. That's all I know.

Kazakhstan has played down speculation that the missing plane could have reached its airspace.

A spokesperson for its civil aviation committee said MH370 would have been detected by Kazakhstan’s radar, if had got that far.

Reuters quoted the official as saying that nine Malaysia Airlines flights travelled over Kazakhstan on 8 March. None of them were MH370.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back