Delisted Spencer White

Remove this Banner Ad

Just hope everyone gives him time and lets him be Spencer White and give the 3- 4 years it will take him to develop

He looked pretty nervous, a bit lost, and was trying to catch the ball with closed fists, but I cheered loud and proud when he kicked his first goal and remarked to the missus who has no interest that she was looking at the future of the Saint Kilda Football Club. She turned back to her laptop and I cheered some more.

Im very pleased he got through the game uninjured. He kicked 3 goals. Made a presence at times. He looked out of breath at times but hes so young for a guy his size. We just have to back in the young tall talent we got for the long term. Meaning the next 4-5 years because a few of them will make it. They have a great great champion to learn the trade off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exclusive photo of cooperrules during and every day since Spencer White's debut on Sunday

80054-South-Park-orgasm-meme-Randy-M-HyfP.jpeg

As you may have observed over time, I am a staunch supporter of all players. and I am stoked for Spencer, and like every other player who pulls on our jumper, I sincerely hope he goes on to have an outstanding career.

However, it was only one game. I don't think it's worth a toast just yet. Celebrate it for what it was? Yes.

Nothing more - nothing less.

Keeping a lid on it for now.;)

Exciting. It's easy to become impatient, also easy to forget that he is 19 years old… If we had just drafted him last week, we'd be losing our minds.

Great that he has had a taste.

I do like the look of spence... for some reason he reminds me of jason traianidis.. haha.. lets hope he's just as mecurial but consistent also.

As you may have observed over time, I am a staunch supporter of all players. and I am stoked for Spencer, and like every other player who pulls on our jumper, I sincerely hope he goes on to have an outstanding career.

However, it was only one game. I don't think it's worth a toast just yet. Celebrate it for what it was? Yes.

i get that but why mention revisiting this thread in 2015? for what purpose?

I had the thread marked for anlysis but the mods thought otherwise. Even im not ready to toast him just yet.

In 2010 we called Rhys 'the next big thing'

In 2011 it was Arryn Siposs and again in 2013 'BJ Who?'

We overrate our kids... Probably from not having a very good one since BJ

Let Spencer develop
2 weeks ago he had 4 possessions in the VFL... The week before 5 goals

On debut
He dropped 4 marks, took one beauty, his opponent was Richmonds second highest possession winner to HT whilst he had 1 touch.
He got 2 goals from being forward of the ball whilst it was in dispute

He has some serious tricks, some serious flaws and may well develop into a great player... Or a Rhys Stanley.

Time will tell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back