Brenton Sanderson sacked , Who will be the new Adelaide coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

But you said Roo said he was a good coach but had a few areas of weakness (which, by the way, probably describes every coach in the league), so why are you changing your story now to say Sando wasn't good? The AFC gave him a 2 year extension not that long ago, so the Board must have thought he could coach. Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you can't think for yourself and just buy into the crap the AFC is spinning about this.

I think Roo's quotes pretty clearly implied he didn't think much of Sando as a coach. He wasn't exactly going to come out and slate him. Sanderson seems a genuinely good bloke and handled his exit with dignity and I wouldn't want the club slagging him off.

Rival fans need to get away from the two year extension. The fans by and large thought it was a mistake at the time and you won't find anybody arguing that our administration has been an absolute joke for a long time. Thankfully the CEO at that time is now inexplicably at another club and here's to hoping the chairman will soon follow.

You are seriously barking up the wrong tree if you think the Crows fan base have any love whatsoever for the board. Apart from Ricciuto who is of course the greatest living Australian.

2 years left on his contract, hiding behind the playing group and bagging him out in the media.

Have to agree it's been poorly handled.

So because he has two years left on his contract we are stuck with him? You know he still gets paid right?

Not sure what you expect the club to say. Just answer "no comment" to every question?

Look I feel bad for the bloke but I'd rather he gets his feelings hurt than we are stuck with his complete lack of tactical awareness or identifiable game plan for another two years.

As much as he annoys me Patrick Smiths article in todays Australian has some reasonable points about the Adelaide Board. Signing a coach on for 2 years only 10 months ago to suddenly sacking him and burning $1m is a very poor reflection on the boards decision making. Add that to the decision to keep a CEO who salary rorted, you would think at a minimum its time for the President to move on. The fact that the President said they hadn’t even thought about a new coach after announcing Sanderson was gone, only to hear Riccuito rang Goodwin that night shows how hopelessly disjointed they are. If you are going to pull a move like this you need to have your ducks in a row like Freo did with Harvey and Lyon. You would have thought the Boards of all clubs would have watched and learnt from the way the Lions mishandled their change of coach last year. Obviously not.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/sanderson-bowled-by-ports-relentless-adelaide-pressure/story-e6frg7uo-1227063371687

He was a s**t coach - it was obvious for two seasons.

Thank Christ we got rid of him before he triggered a mass exodus of players.

We will make the 8 next year.

You need some more strike through work on your sig bro.

I think you're the one trying to create a conspiracy here about Cats fans. I think if this was a normal workplace, Sando would have grounds to sue for unlawful dismissal. I just don't think I've heard anything yet that gives me a solid reason for why he has been sacked, apart from Roo wanted him out. If you can present me with a solid reason then I'll stand corrected. But the guy had a better win/loss ration than Blight & Craig at the Crows, so he wasn't a terrible coach (think Tim Watson terrible).

For the 3rd time, head over to the Crows board to find out why he was sacked. To summarise, he was an awful communicator w players, had favourites, didn't speak to others. Think Voss departure.

Saving their own skins. CEO is gone. Club as a whole is underperforming. A poor season next year would've seen Sando go anyway but they just might have taken the board as well. I think a lot of Adelaide fans wouldn't be disappointed.

Considering they've turfed the CEO after backing him for too long, didn't back the star recruiter who's the only reason they're fighting for the 8 anyway, appointed a new football director, appointed a new CEO and now will appoint a new coach and then apparently far from optimised the Adelaide Oval deal I wonder if Chapman should go anyway and the club can start a new era. Timmy Watson's infamous fish rotting line comes to mind.

The board has been awful for the last half dozen years, as was Trigg. It's taken Roo joining the board for some common sense decisions to be made. Trigg gone, Sando gone, apparently Chapman soon to go. It's too late to get Rendell back unfortunately.

Had to start somewhere.

The board has been awful for the last half dozen years, as was Trigg. It's taken Roo joining the board for some common sense decisions to be made. Trigg gone, Sando gone, apparently Chapman soon to go. It's too late to get Rendell back unfortunately.

Had to start somewhere.
Yep. Just seems strange to not start from the top. If Riccuito is the broom how has he come in to the exact board he's meant to be sweeping out? That said if Chapman has enough sense to move on that will be a good result.

Unfortunately 'clubs' aren't clubs anymore and the members don't get to properly elect boards. You simply try to make enough noise and hope someone smart is listening. It's not private ownership, but it's pretty much a collection of rich people who control clubs and you hope you've got smart ones.

Sando is now out there looking for work and the club doesn't at all seem sensitive to that. If he has to go fine, but really disappointed with the way Adelaide has handled this.

In trying to sell his sacking they are sticking the boot into him and making it hard for him to find work in the industry.

I think your point is right, basically the board are doing it on a gut feel from a few people they think are in the know - like Riccuito, who let's face us doesn't really have much of a clue about stuff, particularly about leading an organisation.
What you'll never know is if they were wrong, because even if the next coach fails they'll always say they weren't going to get anywhere with Sanderson anyway

Facts get in the way of your opinion unfortunately.

What did McGuire know about running an organisation? Bradshaw? You're confusing the role of CEO w board member or President/Chairman.

All these ppl potting Roo are probably the same ppl who thinks Dermott Brererton is an intellectual.

Don't understand why they're writing off Riccutio at all. At least provide some evidence & reasoning for your assertion.

In trying to sell his sacking they are sticking the boot into him and making it hard for him to find work in the industry.
Dean Bailey found a nice job. Matty Knight's is going well at Geel. Ratten bounced back strong. Voss is loving the media.

The only senior coach who's really struggled is Neeld and that's because he was an utter moron. Even he found a job coaching/victimising children at Eastern Ranges and had 18 months paid out salary.

No one hiring assistant and other coaching jobs will judge Sando from what the crows say. They'll judge him from a good overall win record and an overall good character. Sure it's making it hard to get another senior coaching job but every sacked coach is long odds to ever get another go. That's just how the industry seems to work. On available resume Brett Ratten should be favoured for any of these coaching jobs compared to someone like Stewie Dew but it doesn't go like that.

They completely botched the handling by letting it leak in the media before it was all organised (as far as I can tell). But Sando seems big enough a man to not cry foul.

Mark Chocco Williams is my tip to replace Sanderson.

If the board insists on a premiership coach, Its out of him and Worsfold.

Chocco understands the landscape in Adelaide and also fits the mantle considering the clubs in Sth Australia have an unhealthy pre-occupation with one another.

Don't forget he just missed out on the Saints job last year.

Dean Bailey found a nice job. Matty Knight's is going well at Geel. Ratten bounced back strong. Voss is loving the media.

The only senior coach who's really struggled is Neeld and that's because he was an utter moron. Even he found a job coaching/victimising children at Eastern Ranges and had 18 months paid out salary.

No one hiring assistant and other coaching jobs will judge Sando from what the crows say. They'll judge him from a good overall win record and an overall good character. Sure it's making it hard to get another senior coaching job but every sacked coach is long odds to ever get another go. That's just how the industry seems to work. On available resume Brett Ratten should be favoured for any of these coaching jobs compared to someone like Stewie Dew but it doesn't go like that.

They completely botched the handling by letting it leak in the media before it was all organised (as far as I can tell). But Sando seems big enough a man to not cry foul.

None of them ever coached at senior level again and they didn't have their employer kicking them in the head on the way out. Being talked up as a 'bad communicator' who is going to give him a job to coach their team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol this is the Abbott/Murdoch era. That is sympathy/sycophancy to australian sports royalty who will never be out of an actual job and don't require it. And death and vitriol to the public servants who have no job networks and are left to die.

Christopher Pyne was seen associating with Rory Sloane earlier this year. So it's only natural for them to start bringing axes on peoples livelihoods in this exact manner.

Justin Leppitsch to the Crows. You read it here first!!!

What about Justin Leppitsch who has proven to be acceptable to employ under such scenarios given the identical board situations between the two clubs?

says a weekly subscriber of "The Australian"...

I fail to see why public servants should be immune from the realities of the economy.

Explain to the private sector unemployed why public sector workers jobs are untouchable.

Anyway I thought this thread was about the crows sacking their coach.

I fail to see why public servants should be immune from the realities of the economy.

Explain to the private sector unemployed why public sector workers jobs are untouchable.

Anyway I thought this thread was about the crows sacking their coach.

I can explain that quite easily actually.

It's because they're classed as worker redundancies but the work/positions are still actually there. It's a conflict of interest pushed by the privatized contractors who are employed by these very departments... they are funding their zionist puppet Napthine to hand over these government department to them and they are employing themselves under the department.. (massive coi)... as well as actually not technically a redundancy but a restructure/redeployment of public servants.. As the work hasn't been made redundant thus not a redundancy (judge must've been a murdoch puppet). That's why they should be immune as it's technically unfair dismissal and not a redundant position. And the rort/coi of privatization expressing the abuse of power it projects on the industry.

The moment Sloane took that photo with Christopher Pyne the attitude of that club soon changed. Sando was moments later deemed socially autistic, a liability for being himself, and incredibly lacking the Ari gold they need to take them to Hollywood. but in all reality Sando is a true home grown athlete and not a campaigner like your board, who attempts to suck the spirit out of sport by adopting a hard right corporate campaigning culture so recently by taking photo's with Christopher Pyne :eek:

Last edited:
Heading the same way as Melbourne?

Get off the bong pipe fella.

No CEO? Pick up a newspaper.

Go to the Crows board and do some research.
Yes, bieng on good terms with 'favorite son' Roo is much more important than a good win/loss record.

Point is the CEO and president didn't even make the decision to sack the coach! Talk about ego at footy clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back