Past Tom Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet you all think he's worth a first rounder.

Funny that.

Who asked you?

A) It was a little tongue in cheek
B) Henderson let us down by not giving his best this year. Doesn't mean he is going to walk into a new club and not try.
C) What do you care? Pies aren't into him.

Geez, based on half a sentence in one article?
"It’s looking likely that Carlton midfielder and Queensland native Tom Bell will head home..."
We heard a while back that he was considering his options, but have literally heard zilch since. Happy for him to leave to go home, if it's for the right reasons, as it appears to be. He has given everything on the field this year and never dropped his head, but I'm not about to march him out the door based on a months old rumour that has had no update.

For those suggesting we should trade Bell for Martin, are you high? Honestly, are you high?

Brisbane wouldn't do that. Carlton wouldn't do that. What need do we have for a 29 year old (gun) ruckman? So we can have him dominate whilst we're s**t then retire before we're looking to come good? If Bell is going it will be involved with Aish or a draft pick, probably late 2nd/early 3rd or for one of GC's plethora of rucks and then only if Kreuzer leaves, otherwise we would have zero need for a Zac Smith, who is in the Ryder/Goldstein category in that he likes to be the man and doesn't offer enough solely as a forward.

Would trade him for their second rounder (pick 20ish) or if they get another a bit higher I would take a pick 25ish as well. Considering he was recruited as a rookie, he's given us a lot to be grateful for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if bell goes so be it. it all depends upon what we get for him. pick around 20 sound fair? i like him but hes another one of those players that has a go but not much more

Surely there must be some zen master out there that can teach "professional" players how to kick a footy with precision and accuracy as a matter of habit.
Breathe in, control the ball, think unsexy thoughts, guide the ball to your foot, balance yourself with the other arm, foot out, hit the target, or even kick over the goal umpires head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back