Player Watch #31: Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

He apparently thinks the same of you.

Pretty stupid post, a little childish actually.
Just saying he can have all the athletic traits he wants, but this is the AFL and he will need to work hard as a professional footballer.
Every player we get should have the same opinion over them. This has nothing to do with support

I love how he marks the ball at the highest point every time, just plucks it from the air. With that speed and agility to get seperation has natural leading forward written all over him.
Looks a little Gunston ish. Maybe not quite as tall.

Looks like a russian JON to me. Must be some method to our madness though because we let a walk up start in Yarran go through to Freo and they pounced with the next pick..

Looks like a russian JON to me. Must be some method to our madness though because we let a walk up start in Yarran go through to Freo and they pounced with the next pick..

Think Yarran was seen as a more likely rookie pick. I get the feeling that Freo surprised most there.

I like the potential from an athletic standpoint. Has the height to be able to play mutliple positions. Though needs to bulk up a bit.

I like the fact that we selected someone as athletically talented that has a lot of potential still to be realised and that has improved significantly over the last 12 months.

Think Yarran was seen as a more likely rookie pick. I get the feeling that Freo surprised most there.

I like the potential from an athletic standpoint. Has the height to be able to play mutliple positions. Though needs to bulk up a bit.

I like the fact that we selected someone as athletically talented that has a lot of potential still to be realised and that has improved significantly over the last 12 months.

at the end of the day we all hope...all I am saying is looking at his highlights i got that JON feeling. Hopefully he continues the upward improvement curve..as I said, there has to be method in our madness..i.e. we can see our "methods" and training taking him to the next level...smooth mover who can roost from 50 by the looks of things....out of left field prediction, will play on the opposite wing to Macca...;)

at the end of the day we all hope...all I am saying is looking at his highlights i got that JON feeling. Hopefully he continues the upward improvement curve..as I said, there has to be method in our madness..i.e. we can see our "methods" and training taking him to the next level...smooth mover who can roost from 50 by the looks of things....out of left field prediction, will play on the opposite wing to Macca...;)

the positive mate, Oleg did not cost us pick 8 :p

Pretty stupid post, a little childish actually.
Just saying he can have all the athletic traits he wants, but this is the AFL and he will need to work hard as a professional footballer.
Every player we get should have the same opinion over them. This has nothing to do with support
Sorry but I tire of the negativity at Richmond, is it not possible to just be happy for the kids we have drafted, there is plenty of time for criticism down the track but lets at least welcome them aboard on their first day as Tigers.

Never heard of him before but I like his footage, can ply wing or HFF and provide a real marking target

If he can put on some muscle and stay injury free, this guy will surprise many and people will say how the hell did he go through one draft undrafted and the next get picked at 50. Again a speculative pick but one that will reward handsomely given a bit of luck.

Hail the new Sanchez!!!!

He has a few weapons at his disposal. In a fulltime pro environment & his dad having a good idea of what it takes. Well anything is possible here.......I'll be watching this space with some anticipation & optimism. At pick fiddy , worth it..:thumbsu:

Cant imagine they are going to assist much on a footy field .

Oh I don't know TRIB, there might be some value in those...:D
  • Being born in Belarus -> helps the club expand interest in the local Belorussian community.
  • Speaks Russian -> can help negotiate with Putin to leverage support from the Russian government to the club.
  • Son of a pole vault champion -> good DNA to help us 'vault' up the ladder...
  • Studies Geology -> might be able to help identify which grounds have harder surfaces so we can take precautions to avoid injuries.
  • Passion for restoring classic cars -> well we normally call Deledio, Cotch and Martin 'Rolls Royces'... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, just watched his video on the rfc website. My favourite bit? He kicks a snag, lines up next to the goal umpire does an old school thumbs up goal signal. Beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Sorry but I tire of the negativity at Richmond, is it not possible to just be happy for the kids we have drafted, there is plenty of time for criticism down the track but lets at least welcome them aboard on their first day as Tigers.

Thank christ for this post, some of the consistent debbie downers on here s**t me to tears.

Though I have to admit a tad disappointed that he wasn't Tatiana's son. (Sign of age to be hoping for hot players' Mums rather than WAGS).

I sat at a table in the qantas lounge in Rome with her waiting for a plane. What a smoking hot woman she was :p

Peter_der-Grosse_1838.jpg

Looks a lot like Peter the Great. Shame he isn't the same height as he would then be a ruck option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back