jarmanagic

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Ahh, exactly the type of clouded nostalgia that has given us 'Satdee Arvo', Michael Bay camerawork and glorious SD.

Seven's entire coverage was s**t in the past. Is s**t in the present. Will be s**t in the future.

And the masses can be relied upon to eat it up, yum yum.

Bitter much? What a load of rubbish
I think channel 7 covered sport superbly in the 90s
Was expecting them to get back to their former glory when they took back footy but they have just been ok

Bitter much? What a load of rubbish
I think channel 7 covered sport superbly in the 90s
Was expecting them to get back to their former glory when they took back footy but they have just been ok

Nostalgic rose-coloured glasses. Coverage was terrible.

Agree to disagree.

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
There's a difference between 7's dedication and 7's production from back in the day.

7 were very dedicated to the sport and made the most out of the technology and $$$ they had to work with... sure, not every game was covered, but at least they were arsed enough to send a camera crew out to the rain belt of Waverley to take highlights of a game between Hawthorn and Sydney from a stationary camera while the commentary teams were out covering bigger games at the G' or Princes Park. Any scrap of AFL news, and they were all over it.

cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
The only thing seven had going for it back in the 90's was the commentators.

Robbo, Drew Morphett, Peter Landy, Sandy Roberts.

All quality.

And now they serve up the likes of Basil and "Hammer". ******* tripe.

Chicken Parma

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2011
Leongatha
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Jaguars, Renegades
What was the song where 'Saturday' was repeated over and over again? Mid 90s?

Pretty much every Saturday this gets in my head for a brief moment.

Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Seven used it for Saturday night games in 1996 (for the finals, they used She's A River by Simple Minds).

Ten also used Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting in their promos in the leadup to the 2002 season (their first year with the rights)

Back