raikkonen

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 7, 2006
VB's Gun Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Redbacks, CDFC
Been in force for 3-4 years now, and just wondering what people think of it? Must have collared shirts, must have closed shoes or leather slip ons/sandals (surprised my adidas slip ons are allowed), no board shorts, no sports shorts, no tank tops, no sombreros. Women are not allowed to have a lot of 'midriff' showing, bkikini tops not allowed, and generally same sort of gig as the blokes.

I think it is pathetic. Its the cricket FFS, and the SACA and all the old farts in the members should appreciate that going to the cricket is meant to be about having a good time. Going through my wardrobe having to think about what the f****ng dress code staff/security/etc will let me wear is not the ideal start to the day.

If they dont want young people in the members well, I wont go in there then. Il take up room on the Hill, which is meant for GA. I probaly wont even be able to wear my Aussie flag around my neck.

I am calling for an abandonment by BF Adelaide Oval members of the enclosure during the test!!! We should be able to wear what we want.

The atmosphere is also non-existent in the members enclosure, the old farts dont do the mexican wave, sit there pretending to know about the game, when they know nothing, and they will only clap and cheer etc when a milestone (50, etc) occurs.

I'm going as a Member.

My plan is to wear a collared shirt anyway, use the Members stand to get out of the sun and drink full strength booze, then head over to the Hill to be rowdy.

Yup- same standard at the QCC- lengthy list of dos and don'ts. Good part about the members' area is having great discussions on the cricket, along with the full strength grog and decent food- not the crappy overpriced concession food.

My one peeve at the QCC was no glasses for your beer on the terrace- they had a point, of course, as you would get a lot of breakage, but I don't like my beer in a plastic cup. Glass OK inside, though.

Also get a chance to meet and talk with the older players- and current ones- Bill brown was a regular visitor in the club, along with some of the other greats- and a number of the QLD players would stop in for a beer as well. Just read an article about Freddie being in the QCC after the loss on Monday.

As folks have said- if you don't like it, go to GA

I'll be going into Members with ICDM. Dress code sucks major arse sweat but I can see where they are coming from.

All those idiots that are going to call me stupid and anti-social because I don't go and mix with the 'real' fans on the hill - enjoy your midstrength beer while I enjoy my full strength beverage :)

I'll be going into Members with ICDM. Dress code sucks major arse sweat but I can see where they are coming from.

All those idiots that are going to call me stupid and anti-social because I don't go and mix with the 'real' fans on the hill - enjoy your midstrength beer while I enjoy my full strength beverage :)

have fun with all the elderly chaps in the members:thumbsu:

Seriously raikkonen, what did you expect?
Surely you can put on some decent threads for one day?

FFS it is cricket, not a black tie event. Thing is I have clothes that i would deem acceptable as 'dress shorts' but they class them as 'board shorts' which is absolute tripe. As far as I am concerned the SACA can get f***ed. At least I dont have to pay for my membership though, they give it to me.

If they werent so picky I wouldnt mind, but they are very very picky, which is what I dont like.

All old farts in the members anyway, probably have a heart attack if they saw some hot chick in a bikini walk past :rolleyes: . Every young person 21 or younger gets dirty looks from the old people in there anyway, as if we dont belong.

I agree with coughlan, get out in the outer with the real fans, and where you can dress in clothes that you normally dress in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS it is cricket, not a black tie event. Thing is I have clothes that i would deem acceptable as 'dress shorts' but they class them as 'board shorts' which is absolute tripe. As far as I am concerned the SACA can get f***ed. At least I dont have to pay for my membership though, they give it to me.

If they werent so picky I wouldnt mind, but they are very very picky, which is what I dont like.

All old farts in the members anyway, probably have a heart attack if they saw some hot chick in a bikini walk past :rolleyes: . Every young person 21 or younger gets dirty looks from the old people in there anyway, as if we dont belong.

I agree with coughlan, get out in the outer with the real fans, and where you can dress in clothes that you normally dress in.

The old bugggers in the Members are without a doubt assholes but what can ya do? It's not going to change any time soon. I have no problem with the dress code myself. Sure, you can't wear boardies and a singlet but there's plently of time for that! If you want to wear boardies and whatnot then go in the outer, but the dress code for members definetly is not THAT strict.

Why are people complaining about this, it has been the same for years and will not change. It is the same in Perth, I'm just happy you no longer have to wear knee high socks to get into the bar ;)

The old bugggers in the Members are without a doubt assholes but what can ya do? It's not going to change any time soon. I have no problem with the dress code myself. Sure, you can't wear boardies and a singlet but there's plently of time for that! If you want to wear boardies and whatnot then go in the outer, but the dress code for members definetly is not THAT strict.

But I dont wear boardies, I wear dress shorts but they class them as boardies. I have the same trouble every year. And I dont wear singlets, dont mind wearing a collared shirt, just sick of the sh1t they give me at the gates ever year, and at state games. I have a good mind to wear my old school sleveless crows guernsey (has a collar) and see what they can do about it. Has a collar, what can they do? ;)

I will be. The theme of the summer is the whole green and gold support Australia thingy. If you cant wear your national flag that is a disgrace.

Mine's huge, I think it just about drags along the ground when it's around my neck.

I'll be wearing it, they'd better let me in the sons of bitches.

Build a bridge mate. Regulations are there for a reason. The members is meant to be the more professional area of the ground and if you don't like it don't go and someone else will happily take your seat. I like to wear boardies/dress shorts too, but I know I can't, but I don't make a big song and a dance about it! So take my advice and be quiet!

Been in force for 3-4 years now, and just wondering what people think of it?

I like it:thumbsu:

no board shorts,

My only real Gripe

If they dont want young people in the members well, I wont go in there then.

I'm 17 and me and my mates have no problem with it ...

I am calling for an abandonment by BF Adelaide Oval members of the enclosure during the test!!! We should be able to wear what we want.

You can wear what you want, you just can't wear it in the members

The theme of the summer is the whole green and gold support Australia thingy. If you cant wear your national flag that is a disgrace.

The Australian flag has green and gold in it?:confused:

As far as I am concerned the SACA can get f***ed. At least I dont have to pay for my membership though, they give it to me.

Dude, if you don't even pay for your membership you have little right to complain on the conditions prefferred by paying members.

FFS it is cricket, not a black tie event.

I think you should stop thinking only about yourself. For some people, perhaps dressing respectibly is a part of going to the cricket, particularly the older generation. No, it isn't black-tie (far from it), but did you ever stop to consider that this is the way they've traditionally gone to the cricket and they don't want to associate with a bunch of unkempts that they think belong on the hill? You have the choice of wearing whatever you like in the GA parts of the ground, perhaps they want the choice of wanting to keep their traditions going too. For myself, I've sat in both parts of the ground (not in Adelaide, but the SCG and MCG), and enjoy both for what they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back