Delisted #27: Jason Laycock - Computer says no

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 27. Jason Laycock

Starting to show signs

I agree mate.

He has missed a lot of football and this season has at least been getting regular games.

He has a long way to go but he has certainly shown that he can be a quality ruckman if he keeps improving.

He is sensational below his knees, rare for ruckman, competant at tap outs, a very good mark and a noted goal kicker.

He needs to work on his fitness and mobility but that will come with fitness and experience and at 22 years of age he should keep improving and become a very very good player for us for the next decade.

It was obvious on the weekend that we did much better when he was in the ruck.

A big pre season and he could solve a glaring weakness next year.

At the start of the year I would have happily shown him the door, but he is starting to be more consistent now, and I agree, once he becomes fitter it'll help solve a few of our rucking issues.

He is a very handy player, but I don't think he will be anything special so I don't rate him very highly. But is a very handy backup ruckman and can easily fill in the 1st ruckman spot

I didn't have much faith in him at the start of the year and was wondering whether we would ever see results from him. I think he is a very good talent and i think that come next year, he will be our #1 ruckman, a bit bulkier and fitter, and i just think he will be awsum next year. I love what iv'e seen from him and will play a huge part in the clearance work in the future, i think he will be much, much more than handy.

Laycock=ruckman
Hille=forward

If Laycock got a bit less lazy he could become one of the best ruckmen in the league

his last month has been very good

it was laycock going into the ruck that started our run in the first quarter on saturday.

with a full pre-season he will be as good as hamish mcintosh if not better next year imo

last month just starting to show signs of what he can do, best form since anzac day of couple of years ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really question whether or not he can be a good ruckman. I'd actually prefer it to be Hille in the ruck with Laycock as a Forward. Lets not forget thought that Ryder will eventually play in the ruck aswell, so when that happens, one of Laycock or Hille will have to be out of the team IMO.

I really question whether or not he can be a good ruckman. I'd actually prefer it to be Hille in the ruck with Laycock as a Forward. Lets not forget thought that Ryder will eventually play in the ruck aswell, so when that happens, one of Laycock or Hille will have to be out of the team IMO.

I'm not so sure about that.

I believe that Ryder might actually develop into a top line CHB and be the instant replacement for Fletcher.

Of course he could still pinch hit in the ruck.

I'm not so sure about that.

I believe that Ryder might actually develop into a top line CHB and be the instant replacement for Fletcher.

Of course he could still pinch hit in the ruck.

I think that is the way to go.

I just love the way he is going about his footy now, the penny may have dropped that time waits for knowone to fulfill potential. Would love to see the duo of Laycock and Hille rucking and changing in the forward pocket as i think we can really stretch the pies thinned out defence.

After watching Saturdays game you can really say that. When he was in the ruck was when we played our best footy.
People have been way too impatient in judging this bloke. He still has more to do and areas he needs to improve a lot in but not many ruckman under 24 really make a lot of imapct.

who else noticed the smother he attempted. ok fraser went down and ended up gettin a shot but if he hadve got it we woodve got a goal. these r the things that hille doesnt do

laycock has one good game every 3 weeks, then we all get excited, including me, and say that he is looking very good.

he has to do it bloody consistently. it's starting to piss me off as i he has been given so many chances

Remove this Banner Ad

Back