Retired #18: Matthew Lloyd - Diagnosed with Bell's Palsy - 15/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 18. Matthew Lloyd

I've always thought that since he broke his arm (i know it's ancient history now) but he seems to be mistiming his leads. As in too early or too late, but maybe thats the midfield not delivering it to him properly.

Thoughts?

The game has changed a lot since Lloydy broke his arm. He is still acclimatising, but the position he used to play dosen't really exist anymore, so might be leading from the wrong spots which his leads look a little bad. his kicking for goal has also been crap

Struggling, but so is our midfield and that could be one of the reasons, playing more of a team role now trying to get others involved.

needs to step up this week and prove that he is the right man to be captain.

surely he'd be pumped for sheeds

He should play more selfishly imo.

Curiously, I agree. Even though he's captain, he needs to realise that he is our best forward and he is entitled to be up there marking the ball for a shot on goal.

That said, he has not been in good form up forward of late, and I admit I cringe when he lines up now. Lots of practise needs to be had. Playing up the ground so much won't really help him there - we need targets up forward! Notice how well he did when he was in the forward line last week.

And particularly I don't think we can go without him up forward this weekend, especially if Lucas is out. Can't have one 'gun' forward up one end and not have Lloydy doing his best at the other end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he pplayed well but remember he was playing on a 3rd gamer. anything less than 5 goals would have been disapointing

gumby was open alot of the time and we were a bit too lloydy conscious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back