new players coming into gvfl thirds in 2008?

premiers07

Senior List
Mar 6, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
jAGGO , you are kidding yourself Echuca, wont get near the lions you pin head .:thumbsdown:
the lions are a bunch on pin heads, and jack lorrain is the most over rated footballer ever to set foot on earth, hes as good as a wheely bin on stilts.(f*****g use less)

ive seen a few games of the bears this year and one player that seems to amaze me is the young thorsen..BIG MOTOR. any thoughts??

jaggo

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
lancaster
AFL Club
Essendon
jAGGO , you are kidding yourself Echuca, wont get near the lions you pin head .:thumbsdown:

I'm not sure whether No Heart is right for your log on, probably no brains is a better option, or is it that all associated with seymour are just simple. As for stating the bleeding obvious re Echuca that is my opinion, which is why we have this thread. Calling me a pin head REALLY HURTS but only shows you up for also being a head , but its not a pin. Grow up.

Alley cat

Debutant
Sep 15, 2005
Seymour
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not sure whether No Heart is right for your log on, probably no brains is a better option, or is it that all associated with seymour are just simple. As for stating the bleeding obvious re Echuca that is my opinion, which is why we have this thread. Calling me a pin head REALLY HURTS but only shows you up for also being a head , but its not a pin. Grow up.

He's just winding you up jaggo, must have been bored. Not quite sure how Seymour will go this year, i think about half the team from last year will still be around and the next group of players coming up are apparently fairly handy. Might struggle at times due to lack of height.

Footy08

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
the lions are a bunch on pin heads, and jack lorrain is the most over rated footballer ever to set foot on earth, hes as good as a wheely bin on stilts.(f*****g use less)

ive seen a few games of the bears this year and one player that seems to amaze me is the young thorsen..BIG MOTOR. any thoughts??

good solid player.. dunno where youve seen him play any games this year, as he hasnt played in any... lol maybe last year?

has had a shocking run with injuries which has set him back.. last year he only played a hand full of games because he broke his colar bone so bad it went under his sternum or something pretty bad like that.. and this year hasnt been able to train with the bushies or bears due to shin splints... hope he can get it right for the 08 season

Jun 17, 2007
With Strauchanie
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tiges
How do you guys think Adam Lovison will fare in the 3rds this year. Was a dominant player last year in 16's reckon he will make the transition into 3rds and have an impact this year?

jaggo

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
lancaster
AFL Club
Essendon
How do you guys think Adam Lovison will fare in the 3rds this year. Was a dominant player last year in 16's reckon he will make the transition into 3rds and have an impact this year?

He has a big heart and gives 100% every contest. His skills, mainly his kicking continue to let him down, though training with the bushies may improve him in this regard. Should play ruck at Ky though I have heard they have a number of talls which gives them a number of options.

Bucket #18

Rookie
May 1, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Premiers 07:the lions are a bunch on pin heads, and jack lorrain is the most over rated footballer ever to set foot on earth, hes as good as a wheely bin on stilts.(f*****g use less

A bunch of pin heads couldnt of won the flag mate...... your a tool.
As for Jake Loraine (or Jack Lorrain as half-wits know him) came runner up best and fairest in the Under 18's CLub best and fairest... thats some wheelie bin!!

bennyc

Debutant
Jul 23, 2007
kyabram
AFL Club
West Coast
good solid player.. dunno where youve seen him play any games this year, as he hasnt played in any... lol maybe last year?

has had a shocking run with injuries which has set him back.. last year he only played a hand full of games because he broke his colar bone so bad it went under his sternum or something pretty bad like that.. and this year hasnt been able to train with the bushies or bears due to shin splints... hope he can get it right for the 08 season
will simon thorsen make bushies? he is a freakshow

joe blow1

Rookie
Feb 12, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's just winding you up jaggo, must have been bored. Not quite sure how Seymour will go this year, i think about half the team from last year will still be around and the next group of players coming up are apparently fairly handy. Might struggle at times due to lack of height.

seymour will go pretty good towards the end of the yr wen they get all their players back from assumption bushies etc. like last yr and also there r a few players who are coming up from the younger age groups.
lions will go back to back and the seniors will go back to back to back to back.

Demons4ever

Senior List
Jun 25, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Melbourne
United seem to have picked up some handy first year players in Doyle, Burness, O'Sullivan, Tetley, Trevaskis, Shaw, Wright, Hall, Normington and Goodwin. They all seem to move fairly well from the couple of times Ive seen them train.

swans2008

Rookie
Feb 2, 2008
shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond
yea united look like they gonna be pretty strong... thats on paper we see how they go together with so many players having to rotate each week

jaggo

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
lancaster
AFL Club
Essendon
How many are on United's final list? What do you feel is a workable/manageable number of players to have on a thirds list? Interested to hear your responses here.

lovemefooty08

Debutant
Feb 7, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
United seem to have picked up some handy first year players in Doyle, Burness, O'Sullivan, Tetley, Trevaskis, Shaw, Wright, Hall, Normington and Goodwin. They all seem to move fairly well from the couple of times Ive seen them train.
Wouldn't call doyle a "handy player"
but if hes handy in the united side then i think they will struggle :thumbsu:

Demons4ever

Senior List
Jun 25, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Melbourne
yea united look like they gonna be pretty strong... thats on paper we see how they go together with so many players having to rotate each week
Actually will not be too many rotations as the list includes a couple of bushies and 3 or 4 players that will be playing seniors. The coach and team manager have told me they will have a list of 32 when after you take half a dozen out for bushies and seniors drops the list to 26 which allows for a few injuries and unavailabilities. 30 to 32 is the right size. Past two years they had 28 to 30 and were one or two short.

Demons4ever

Senior List
Jun 25, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Melbourne
How many are on United's final list? What do you feel is a workable/manageable number of players to have on a thirds list? Interested to hear your responses here.
Hi Jaggo United will have 32 on list.(See previous comment). 30 to 32 seems to be the right number if you look back over the last few years. United had around 28 to 30 last year and ran into trouble with numbers and at one stage had 4 permit players over a three week period. 28 is not enough and over 32 is too many. 32 gives you a good list plus the opportunity to cover any problem that might come up.

jaggo

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
lancaster
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Jaggo United will have 32 on list.(See previous comment). 30 to 32 seems to be the right number if you look back over the last few years. United had around 28 to 30 last year and ran into trouble with numbers and at one stage had 4 permit players over a three week period. 28 is not enough and over 32 is too many. 32 gives you a good list plus the opportunity to cover any problem that might come up.

thanks for the details, but what happens to the 10 guys who miss out on a game when everyone is available? there would have to be some guys who would rather play regular footy each week.

Back