EA SPORTS AFL 2015/ AFL 2K15 - Wishlist thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,

I'm absolutely fed up with the sh1t AFL games. The best AFL game I've ever played was AFL Premiership Season 2007 on PS2, they absolutely nailed it.

As I cannot stand these crappy games any longer, I will be emailing EA and will essentially ask them to take it into consideration, by making an AFL game.

Wicked Witch and Tru Blu ought to hang their heads in shame, by absolutely ruining the game of AFL for console users. Although AFL LIVE 2 is a big improvement to AFL LIVE, it is still nowhere near as good as it needs to be.

So, if EA SPORTS were to make AFL 2015 or 2K SPORTS were to make AFL 2K15, what would you like to see in it(I will be running a continuous list).

If this thread gains enough support, I will probably make a Facebook page, try and build up greater support and really give this a massive shot.

As much as I want EA/2K game, its very unlikely to happen. Too small a market. The only way I could see a game of that quality is if 2K Australia made it. Then again, the only game I know of that they made is Bioshock, which is good, but obviously not a sports game.

Pawel

Senior List
Mar 25, 2013
NSW
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all,

I'm absolutely fed up with the sh1t AFL games. The best AFL game I've ever played was AFL Premiership Season 2007 on PS2, they absolutely nailed it.

As I cannot stand these crappy games any longer, I will be emailing EA and will essentially ask them to take it into consideration, by making an AFL game.

Wicked Witch and Tru Blu ought to hang their heads in shame, by absolutely ruining the game of AFL for console users. Although AFL LIVE 2 is a big improvement to AFL LIVE, it is still nowhere near as good as it needs to be.

So, if EA SPORTS were to make AFL 2015 or 2K SPORTS were to make AFL 2K15, what would you like to see in it(I will be running a continuous list).

If this thread gains enough support, I will probably make a Facebook page, try and build up greater support and really give this a massive shot.

Hi,

Good on you, I had the same idea but never got around it. It would be awesome if the agreed. You have my support. Good luck and fingers crossed.

As much as I want EA/2K game, its very unlikely to happen. Too small a market. The only way I could see a game of that quality is if 2K Australia made it. Then again, the only game I know of that they made is Bioshock, which is good, but obviously not a sports game.
I can't see it happening, but all I will say is good luck.
Hi,

Good on you, I had the same idea but never got around it. It would be awesome if the agreed.You have my support. Good luck and fingers crossed.
Thanks for the support guys, it is very optimistic and I too doubt it will happen, but it's worth a try.

2007 the best? Hah, ok.

I'm always astounded at the people who think that the solution to every bad game is to give it to EA/2K to make, like as if everything they touch turns to gold. Yeah, instead of having Aussie developers who know the game trying to make a decent game, let's export it to America where they think our game is a cross between rugby and soccer. :thumbsu:

2007 the best? Hah, ok.

I'm always astounded at the people who think that the solution to every bad game is to give it to EA/2K to make, like as if everything they touch turns to gold. Yeah, instead of having Aussie developers who know the game trying to make a decent game, let's export it to America where they think our game is a cross between rugby and soccer. :thumbsu:

That's exactly right EA are strictly American. :drunk:

This is the worst post I have ever had the misfortune of reading on BigFooty.

The truth is that Wicked Witch and Tru Blu have had their opportunity and they f***ed it up bigtime. Having aussie developers do it didn't work, let's try the company that is known for making brilliant sports games across the world.

Career mode essentially

Having a career mode alone isn't enough. It has to be you know, good.

AFL Live 1 online smashes anything AFL Live 2 offers.

Also if you think AFL 2007 "nailed it" then I question your taste in AFL games. It's your opinion, fair enough, but it was hardly well received.

2007 also had the smother bug, which made it almost unplayable. You could barely have a shot on goal without it being smothered.

2006 at least I played a couple of seasons though. Its trade system worked better than in AFL Live 2.

That's exactly right EA are strictly American. :drunk:

This is the worst post I have ever had the misfortune of reading on BigFooty.

The truth is that Wicked Witch and Tru Blu have had their opportunity and they f***ed it up bigtime. Having aussie developers do it didn't work, let's try the company that is known for making brilliant sports games across the world.

Like when we got Canadians making cricket games for EA?

...:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah not gonna happen.

EA Exec 1: "We just got an email from an Australian asking us to make an AFL game"
EA Exec 2: "What's an AFL?"

TBH, I don't understand why everyone is being so negative!

If it doesn't happen, at least we gave it a go.

It's worth a shot.

Having aussie developers do it didn't work, let's try the company that is known for making brilliant sports games across the world.

Ever played AFL 98 or 99? EA have already had a shot at AFL games, and they stunk it up big time.

Ever played AFL 98 or 99? EA have already had a shot at AFL games, and they stunk it up big time.

Yeah! I've got AFL 99 on PS1. I loved that game.

I always used to make all of the opposition really small, and north massive, and steamroll team after team. Those were the days..

But a lot has changed in the video game world since 1999.

I think EA has more important things on their mind than answering the calls of a small group of people asking for a game about a non-international sport in a tiny market.

And also, since when did EA become the solver of all problems? Remember this is the company voted "worst company in America" two years in a row. This illustrious award was also won by BP for the huge oil spill. That's the kind of company they are in.

People think of EA and they think of FIFA and yes, it's a superb game, but what other games do they have?

NBA 2014? LOL. Lots of money. Lots of time. Awful.
Madden = rinse and repeat job. Not a bad game, but 2014 lacks features that 2005 had. Oh, and there is a lawsuit against Madden.
NHL, Tiger Woods are also rinse and repeat jobs.
Cricket was done very poorly by EA in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2007. Patches by people who actually know cricket made the games playable.

I think EA has more important things on their mind than answering the calls of a small group of people asking for a game about a non-international sport in a tiny market.

And also, since when did EA become the solver of all problems? Remember this is the company voted "worst company in America" two years in a row. This illustrious award was also won by BP for the huge oil spill. That's the kind of company they are in.

People think of EA and they think of FIFA and yes, it's a superb game, but what other games do they have?

NBA 2014? LOL. Lots of money. Lots of time. Awful.
Madden = rinse and repeat job. Not a bad game, but 2014 lacks features that 2005 had. Oh, and there is a lawsuit against Madden.
NHL, Tiger Woods are also rinse and repeat jobs.
Cricket was done very poorly by EA in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2007. Patches by people who actually know cricket made the games playable.

I wouldn't take any stock into that. It's voted by the public and gamers campaign so EA "wins" it, thus saying that a series of disappointing games is far worse than anything else any of the other POS companies have done.

I wouldn't take any stock into that. It's voted by the public and gamers campaign so EA "wins" it, thus saying that a series of disappointing games is far worse than anything else any of the other POS companies have done.

Your post both makes sense and proves my point at the same time. No, I don't think that EA is really the worst company in America. Disappointing video games are an insignificant "crime" compared to other companies.

On the other hand though, the fact that games can unite together in such numbers to make it voted the worst company in America (twice), despite other companies actually being far worse, means that in the gaming community they are widely disliked. I therefore don't see why EA should be thought of as some saviour to bring AFL fans out of the depths of despair. If they can't please their own American fans, how would they be able to please Aussies with a purely Aussie sport?

People need to remember too that FIFA is 20+ years into its refinements, and got where it is because it sells everywhere. Everywhere. AFL doesn't even cover all of Australia. If EA (or 2K for that matter) ever picked up AFL again, it would never even get close to the NBA or FIFA treatment. It just wouldn't happen.

Literally the best hope for an AFL game is to get an Aussie studio who actually loves the game to build a series that gradually gets more things right. Like Big Ant were trying to do.

Big Ant's aim with AFL Live was to build a foundation. It was feature-light but had solid gameplay mechanics which I think, along with the AI, is the most important thing. The AI was okay but easily beatable after a while. Online worked very well though and made it, imo, a very good game.

The OP said that AFL 2 was better because it had a career mode. Yeah sure, it has that, but what's the point of playing a multi-year career if the gameplay is rubbish?

Tru Blu, for whatever reason, decided to go with Wicked Witch for the sequel, after they had made the previous AFL game on Wii. Yes, they are also Australian, but the Wii version was clearly inferior to the AFL and 360 games. None of us know why Wicked Witch made the sequel and not Big Ant. Probably money (like most things) which is unfortunate. When you read Ross's posts here and on planetcricket.net you can tell that he loves footy and it's hard to imagine him giving up the video game franchise easily.

HOPEFULLY Bradman is the game we all want it to be, and that will lead to a superb true sequel. There has also been rugby league live 2 in between AFL and Bradman, and whilst we may not all be rugby fans, as a video game it's much better than AFL.

Back