Casey Cardinia - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Toothless Feral

Senior List
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hampton Park played Chelsea, Pearcedale and Koo Wee Rup... Lost by 10 - 4 and 2 goals. Have picked up a few handy new players, should be an improver this year.

Toothless Feral

Senior List
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spoke too soon re HP - Have picked up a few handy new players but it's just balanced out players that left... Will be more competitive but wont be winning many if any games. :(

Looks to be Narre's for the taking again... Berwick might challenge but pretty much same old same old in CC this year.. Narre Cranny Berwick.

bomberman31

Rookie
Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Spoke too soon re HP - Have picked up a few handy new players but it's just balanced out players that left... Will be more competitive but wont be winning many if any games. :(

Looks to be Narre's for the taking again... Berwick might challenge but pretty much same old same old in CC this year.. Narre Cranny Berwick.
HP looked like a different side the first quarter against Tooradin, deffinetly improved in my opionion but just seemed to drop their heads once Tooradin kicked consecutive goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
The results in Casey Cardinia are alarming.
So many thrashing going on.
The MPNFL really needs to look at doing something about it.
Struggling clubs won't last if they are copping thrashing week after week.
The league needs to look at reverting back to a competition based on performance not geographic location.
Of course, the main argument against will be the travel time, but if the quality of the competition increases then it would be a great move

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
The results in Casey Cardinia are alarming.
So many thrashing going on.
The MPNFL really needs to look at doing something about it.
Struggling clubs won't last if they are copping thrashing week after week.
The league needs to look at reverting back to a competition based on performance not geographic location.
Of course, the main argument against will be the travel time, but if the quality of the competition increases then it would be a great move

Agreed. I only started following the league in 2010, but it's basically the same result every week - Narre and Cranny win by heaps, Keysborough and ROC always get smashed, Berwick and Pakky are decent, but never really challenge and the other teams get flogged unless they spend a bit of cash, but they can never get near Narre. The league is becoming terribly predictable.

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
I am no longer a part on the league, but played a number of years, and now just watch games occasionally and check the scores.
I can't see Narre not being dominant in Casey Cardinia.
One of two things need to happen, Narre Warren leave to EFL, or the league reverts to a division system based on performance.
Example, top 10 teams across the three leagues make up Division one, and so on and so forth.
Will be an issue when you have Narre Warren travelling to Sorrento for example, but at least you know you will get a competitive contest.
This will give teams in lower divisions the incentive to improve and move up.
As it stands, teams like Hampton Park and ROC will never compete with the likes of Narre Warren

Toothless Feral

Senior List
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finally a few upsets, amazing what a bit of rain does. Doveton beat Berwick and Cranny beat Narre.

If it pissed down in September we'd have a good competition on our hands.

Almost forgot.. The Redbacks by 50 pts..... yeeeee haaaa

biteme

Senior List
Sep 12, 2006
essendon
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Finally a few upsets, amazing what a bit of rain does. Doveton beat Berwick and Cranny beat Narre.

If it pissed down in September we'd have a good competition on our hands.

Almost forgot.. The Redbacks by 50 pts..... yeeeee haaaa

Mate you beat Keysy........
Get back to me when you beat a decent side.

Toothless Feral

Senior List
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate, there are only 2 decent sides in the comp... Narre and Cranny and I don't think we'll be beating them any time soon.
When it's your second win in 2 and half years it's worth bragging about..... :D

biteme

Senior List
Sep 12, 2006
essendon
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, there are only 2 decent sides in the comp... Narre and Cranny and I don't think we'll be beating them any time soon.
When it's your second win in 2 and half years it's worth bragging about..... :D

looking at your results on the W\E i now understand your bragging.

skippy1

Debutant
Jun 12, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
KEYSBOROUGH Football Club will seek a switch to the Southern Football League for next season.
Burra members met last night and voted unanimously to leave the Casey Cardinia league and join Southern.
The club will apply for a transfer at the end of the season.
President Manny Scata said there was a “general acceptance’’ that without juniors and senior depth Keysy would struggle to match it with Casey Cardinia clubs like Narre Warren and Cranbourne.
“It’s a change of direction, but in terms of trying to secure our future it’s a very important step to take,’’ Scata said.
“It will allow us to put our players in a competitive position, divisional football, rather than being in a single-division competition like Casey Cardinia. Unless you’re very strong, you’re really destined for the bottom area of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back