Traded #6: Angus Monfries - Insert stock Boo-urns joke here - Retired 10/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we'll be finishing bottom next year (not that I think we'll be amazing next year by any means, in fact we'll probably struggle to get near finals), but I don't think Angus Monfries will be the difference. The opinion of many Port supporters in 2015 was that he was barely holding his spot and that was a side that was struggling a bit.

Not sure why the comparison to Watson was made. I wouldn't trade for Watson to come to Essendon if he wasn't already at Essendon, not at 32. But he is at Essendon already, isn't he?

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't think we'll be finishing bottom next year (not that I think we'll be amazing next year by any means, in fact we'll probably struggle to get near finals), but I don't think Angus Monfries will be the difference. The opinion of many Port supporters in 2015 was that he was barely holding his spot and that was a side that was struggling a bit.

Not sure why the comparison to Watson was made. I wouldn't trade for Watson to come to Essendon if he wasn't already at Essendon, not at 32. But he is at Essendon already, isn't he?
Just the age thing, having older declining players on the list. Watson regressed in '14 & '15 and in '17 will be a dinosaur. I dream of a symmetry with his dad's comeback. Sadly won't happen.

Our list badly needs goalkickers, and gus is one. I don't expect it is something that would happen. But if it did I wouldn't be too adverse to having a 30yo Gus on the list as opposed to some fifth round Dodoro "who the * is?" special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gus was good for 25-30 goals a year.... hardly worth it. And walked out on us too, and dont think bags and gus get along all that well after the little princess had a few personal jabs at bags a few years ago

Given that he hasn't got a contract in front of him says we could get him as a DFA.
Gus was good for 25-30 goals a year.... hardly worth it. And walked out on us too, and dont think bags and gus get along all that well after the little princess had a few personal jabs at bags a few years ago
"Walked out on us"? He got a contract offer that he couldn't refuse. You're also blowing that incident way out of proportion, nobody gave a s**t about that. It was a bit of banter between mates and former team mates.

Given that he hasn't got a contract in front of him says we could get him as a DFA.

"Walked out on us"? He got a contract offer that he couldn't refuse. You're also blowing that incident way out of proportion, nobody gave a s**t about that. It was a bit of banter between mates and former team mates.
No im not.

Okay, then why is he apparently in regular contact with most of his former teammates, including Baguley?

I can tell you that when it happened, Baguley was furious and friends of both had to tip toe around them.

Not sure if this still the case, but tension lasted a lot longer than that night

I can tell you that when it happened, Baguley was furious and friends of both had to tip toe around them.

Not sure if this still the case, but tension lasted a lot longer than that night
Exactly the opposite of what I heard.

Heard on the radio yesterday that Monfries may not have a club to go back to next year, as Port Adelaide no longer have a place for him.
We will take him at Point Cook Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back