Jayden Pitt - Pick 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee's i hope this kid has taken giant strides forward by the time the 2012 season starts. I'm a Perth supporter so i'm torn between not wanting him playing for Perth but then he plays for Fremantle. Fremantle took a big gamble with this bloke imo, they rave about his skill level but he looked like he was out of his depth in the WAFL this year and lacked confidence and it showed in his skills. I reckon he was drafted a year too early but Fremantle obviously see something in him and were prepared to take him and be patient with him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 or 4 of the new draftees fly straight past him.

Gee's i hope this kid has taken giant strides forward by the time the 2012 season starts. I'm a Perth supporter so i'm torn between not wanting him playing for Perth but then he plays for Fremantle. Fremantle took a big gamble with this bloke imo, they rave about his skill level but he looked like he was out of his depth in the WAFL this year and lacked confidence and it showed in his skills. I reckon he was drafted a year too early but Fremantle obviously see something in him and were prepared to take him and be patient with him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 or 4 of the new draftees fly straight past him.

he will be a star

Where is his best position?

He has A grade skills on both sides, but is too slow to play as outside Mid. He doesnt have the strength to play as an inside mid but maybe after 3-4 years he could turn into one AKA Mundy v2.0.

Or is he better suited to a half back flank role where he can use his skills coming out of defence and height to take a mark.

His is about 191cm, what is his marking like?

Jayden had a quiet day playing as a high forward with a small stint on the wing. He needs to focus on his bursts to break into space so he can be used on the open side. There were several passages where he needed to work harder to get front and square to the contest. His strengths are that he is a good runner, so it’s just making sure he runs to where he needs to.

According to Simon Lloyd he is a good runner, can anyone tell me what his times are? I have heard he is slow.

Is he a better 400m runner than a 50m runner?

Does he have the speed to play out side?

Tall mid's take time and it is important you give him the opportunity to develop.

Although 5 possessions in the WAFL is shocking and he need to get his arse into gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle midfielder Jayden Pitt's career could be over at the age of 20 after just 10 AFL games, with further medical tests confirming a heart irregularity that would represent a significant and potentially life-threatening risk if he tried to continue playing.
source

The Club, nor Jayden have ruled out a playing future.

All the best with the road ahead to our pick#1, 20th overall of the 2010 Draft.

Has anyone heard anything about Jayden and how he is going I really feel for him and would not like to think he's been forgotten by the club or the supporters.

Has anyone heard anything about Jayden and how he is going I really feel for him and would not like to think he's been forgotten by the club or the supporters.
The only time I have heard his name is when Ross mentioned to a reporter that Freo were doing ok even without any of our first round picks being in the side, Hill, Pav, Morabito, Fyfe (I think he said) and Pitt. I think he quite rates him. Either way. I hope he is well.

I don't think it's only our club and Jayden that's been ripped off here;fate,luck and blind destiny took a real talent from the game.
Great attitude and certainly wish him every success in life.Really enjoyed the tiny bit we saw,loved his style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back