Kntfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agreed. Don't think you forked out the $$ you did in 2012 just to compete though ;)

Understand where you are coming from but.
Yeah true the club spent some
money to get recruits but didn't get us anything unfortunately. In the end it doesn't matter how good your recruit is they need to fit in at the club and within the community.

I didn't think borders did a lot of high profile recruiting other than Patrick wiggins.
Did tintinara used to compete in the kntfl? Wasn't there 15 or 16 clubs at one stage.

I'm from Naracoorte,old man played at Kybybolite way back when.Just wanna say thanks for the thread fellas it's a great read and great to keep in touch with the league.Cheers boys good luck in 2014, up the Tigers!!!!

Yeah mate he is.

Great player, loved watching him in the 80s. I remember one day he was full forward, he led to about 40 meters out and literally jumped on some guys shoulders. Then went back and slotted it from around 50 (I don't the 50 meter line was marked in those days but it was a fair way out).
Was definitely a class above. Did he play SANFL?

Great player, loved watching him in the 80s. I remember one day he was full forward, he led to about 40 meters out and literally jumped on some guys shoulders. Then went back and slotted it from around 50 (I don't the 50 meter line was marked in those days but it was a fair way out).
Was definitely a class above. Did he play SANFL?

He played a couple of games for Port, but got homesick and went back to Mount Gambier after a year or 2.I've heard he had that reputation, mainly from himself after a few beers.

Some big wins in the first round. Penola picked up where they left off, mundulla will be tough to beat and padthaway and bordertown had a tight tussle with padthaway only pulling away in the last 10 minutes of the game. Will be a tightly contested season which is good to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of upsets Borders over Naracoorte, Mundulla over Keith.

Did Kyby forfeit the reserves?

Didn't have enough players apparently. Surely a merger with borders would have to be considered. Both are struggling for numbers and they're practically neighbors.

Didn't have enough players apparently. Surely a merger with borders would have to be considered. Both are struggling for numbers and they're practically neighbors.
Not sure how that would work.... one club trying to maintain 3 grounds/facilities.

If merging is the answer then you must split Borders and make a Frances/Kyby side but that leaves the Goroke people with nobody and they lost their chance to merge with Natimuk cos they have now merge with one of the Horsham sides who were struggling so someone has to lose out. Maybe a Goroke/Quantong side could be an option. Sad times!

Not sure how that would work.... one club trying to maintain 3 grounds/facilities.

If merging is the answer then you must split Borders and make a Frances/Kyby side but that leaves the Goroke people with nobody and they lost their chance to merge with Natimuk cos they have now merge with one of the Horsham sides who were struggling so someone has to lose out. Maybe a Goroke/Quantong side could be an option. Sad times!

Yeah clubs would have to split to make it work. Three way mergers have worked before though. Dont most goroke people prefer to play victoria way anyway

Yeah clubs would have to split to make it work. Three way mergers have worked before though. Dont most goroke people prefer to play victoria way anyway
If most Goroke ppl play in Vic, why do Borders still play there then??? I understand a three-way merger can work, but for how long? If you look in the Mallee league most of those clubs are multiple club mergers but now only play and one home ground due to the upkeep costs. maintaining 3 grounds long term is not feasible long term.

2 clubs mentioned in the paper considering leaving the kntfl. Padthaway has been mentioned at going to a league closer to Adelaide - which one?. Who is the other club?
I was assuming it was kaniva to the wimmera league.

2 clubs mentioned in the paper considering leaving the kntfl. Padthaway has been mentioned at going to a league closer to Adelaide - which one?. Who is the other club?
interesting that i haven't heard anything about this. Which paper was it in ?

That'd be pretty off in Padthaway's case given they'd still have to travel through close to half of the KNTFL's territory to get to another league. Would be more convenient for their travelling players but pretty pie in the sky.

I haven't been in Aus for the past fortnight so bit behind the times.

That'd be pretty off in Padthaway's case given they'd still have to travel through close to half of the KNTFL's territory to get to another league. Would be more convenient for their travelling players but pretty pie in the sky.

I haven't been in Aus for the past fortnight so bit behind the times.

Article was in the borderwatch. Agree with you on padthaway seems strange that they would want to leave. But I suppose if they were competing in a league around tailed bend, meningie way that may suit their adelaide players. Who's the other club they were talking about leaving? Heard the kntfl had sent an invite to wbfl clubs to join in 2016. What's your news!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back