General Problems Thread: 2009 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you tried retuning the TV? Seem to recall something about SBS being taken off analog and moved onto digital only so maybe for some reason that's causing the issue?
Yes, has been retuned. The thing that has me stumped is why the picture is perfect when on mute but as soon as the volume is turned back on the picture breaks up.

Yes, has been retuned. The thing that has me stumped is why the picture is perfect when on mute but as soon as the volume is turned back on the picture breaks up.
something to do with the sound waves disrupting the electronic signals maybe? not really sure how you could fix it.

has it been fixed with the retuning?

something to do with the sound waves disrupting the electronic signals maybe? not really sure how you could fix it.

has it been fixed with the retuning?
No retuning hadn't fixed the problem. I figured it must have been the combination of sound signals and visual signals causing the issue. Have googled and looked at many forums but cannot seem to find any reference to this sort of issue. Got me stumped.

Having problems charing my iphone (5)

it all started when I connected it to my computer, nothing really happened but when I changed back to the powerpoint it kept connecting and disconnecting despite the charger being completely connected. It was very random, until eventually (a few hours) the phone wouldnt recognise the connection at all so my phone wouldnt charge

The next morning I connected my phone to my car USB (using a different iphone usb cord) and it connected and charged perfectly. When I got home I tried again on the same chargers and it wouldnt work, I used the cord my car on the chargers and it wouldnt work either.

So I tried a different computer of mine, and it worked, it connected and started charging which got me through the night. The next morning I tried to connect to my car again but this time it didnt work at all

So wtf is going on? Ive tried different cords into different objects and it seems to be picking and choosing what it wants to charge with, and changing its mind by the day (ie yesterady it worked in my car, this morning it didnt). I cant get any life out of a powerpoint though, and it works on some computers and not others.

Anybody heard of this before?

it all started when I connected it to my computer, nothing really happened but when I changed back to the powerpoint it kept connecting and disconnecting despite the charger being completely connected. It was very random, until eventually (a few hours) the phone wouldnt recognise the connection at all so my phone wouldnt charge

The next morning I connected my phone to my car USB (using a different iphone usb cord) and it connected and charged perfectly. When I got home I tried again on the same chargers and it wouldnt work, I used the cord my car on the chargers and it wouldnt work either.

So I tried a different computer of mine, and it worked, it connected and started charging which got me through the night. The next morning I tried to connect to my car again but this time it didnt work at all

So wtf is going on? Ive tried different cords into different objects and it seems to be picking and choosing what it wants to charge with, and changing its mind by the day (ie yesterady it worked in my car, this morning it didnt). I cant get any life out of a powerpoint though, and it works on some computers and not others.

Pretty sure some computers can't charge iPhones due to not being able to handle it. Read about it a while back. The best option to charge phones are via power points. Not sure about why it would keep disconnecting etc, your cord might be broken.

Sounds like you've removed the cables and power sources from the equation, the only other real point of failure is the phone itself. Take it to your local Apple store and get a genius to look at it, or your mobile service provider if it's under contract (although I reckon you'll probably get better service from an Apple store).

Pretty sure some computers can't charge iPhones due to not being able to handle it. Read about it a while back. The best option to charge phones are via power points. Not sure about why it would keep disconnecting etc, your cord might be broken.

Any PC with a USB 2.0 port should charge an iPhone fine, it might be a little slower than other chargers but it will charge. USB 2.0 pumps out 500mA which is more than enough to get a battery charging.

Sounds like you've removed the cables and power sources from the equation, the only other real point of failure is the phone itself. Take it to your local Apple store and get a genius to look at it, or your mobile service provider if it's under contract (although I reckon you'll probably get better service from an Apple store).

Any PC with a USB 2.0 port should charge an iPhone fine, it might be a little slower than other chargers but it will charge. USB 2.0 pumps out 500mA which is more than enough to get a battery charging.

Thanks, just took it the apple store and they told me I need to back it up before they'll touch it, but I cant back it up until I get some charge into it, so I'm pretty ****ed

It worked on their charger, but I cant sit at the apple store for 5 hours while it chargers and backs up. Ive got 10% left, im at the office and have tried everything (even my 'solution' last night of a computer isnt working this morning) so I need to get home and hopefully work something out so I can back it up

Thanks, just took it the apple store and they told me I need to back it up before they'll touch it, but I cant back it up until I get some charge into it, so I'm pretty ******

It worked on their charger, but I cant sit at the apple store for 5 hours while it chargers and backs up. Ive got 10% left, im at the office and have tried everything (even my 'solution' last night of a computer isnt working this morning) so I need to get home and hopefully work something out so I can back it up

Yeah I reckon most of the time they'll just go "yeah it COULD be f**ked, here have a refurbished one". Try gently moving the plug around while it's connected to the phone, there's possibly a dodgy contact in there somewhere and a bit of a jiggle might get you by.

Just had my network connection drop to 1.1-1.3Mbps, checked the cable connection, and it was saying 7.96Mbps.

I turned off all my devices but the problem still persisted after restarting the modem. We live 1km from any nearby house, so I can't work out where the interference is coming from.

I changed from channel 6 to channel 9, and it worked straight up. Why the hell does this happen? Surely devices can work s**t out amongst each other. I know that when I turn on my Ps3, it screws the network up completely. But I can't work out what caused the network to suddenly drop like that. Like I said, no new devices as far as I know were turned on.

Having problems with my laptop wifi connection, but it works fine on my Ps4. My laptop says connected and has full bars...but speed tests it is frequently barely connected. Ive had telstra out and the line to the house is fine. My wife has the same problem with her laptop too. Dont know what to do

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On behalf of every I.T. tech out there.......... if you want help you need to give more details, a glorified "s**t's slow/f**ked, halp!" post makes us not really care.
but my computer's not working, can't you fix it?

On behalf of every I.T. tech out there.......... if you want help you need to give more details, a glorified "s**t's slow/f**ked, halp!" post makes us not really care.

If you were referring too me im sorry. Im not very IT savy. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what to look for in finding out my laptop speed wifi issue is, when my PS4 is working fine. It always happens in peak times with the laptops grinding slow speeds whilst teh PS4 is maitaining reasonable connection speeds

If you were referring too me im sorry. Im not very IT savy. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what to look for in finding out my laptop speed wifi issue is, when my PS4 is working fine. It always happens in peak times with the laptops grinding slow speeds whilst teh PS4 is maitaining reasonable connection speeds

Hehe not you in particular it just seems to be a common thing here/everywhere, it's a pet peeve for anyone who gets techie questions because there's so many things it could be, and even the simplest explanations of your setup and symptoms can make things easier.... and actually get people to respond.

If it's peak times then I assume it's just ISP congestion (too many users, not enough bandwidth), have you tried a speed test on your PS4? Apparently http://speedof.me/ is a good one to test your console, try it in peak and off peak times to see if there's a difference. If you haven't done one on your laptops try it on them too.

It could also be wifi interference, particularly if you're within range of your neighbours wifi...... find some wifi analyzing software like "Wifi Analyzer" (for Android devices) and see if anyone else is on your channel.

Depending on what modem/router you've got it might even be a simple case of needing to upgrade it to something better with stronger wireless capabilities.

Is anyone else having problems with the tapatalk app.

I keep on getting an error on the bigfooty forums.

Can't get my XB1 onto Open NAT... tried turning my router and xbox off and on, turned my router from 'NAT' to 'Bridge' whatever that means and followed some port forwarding tutorial and put in some random numbers that did * all. What do I do to open my NAT for my XB1? Any help appreciated, I couldn't have less idea what I'm doing/screwing up.

Last edited:
Have a mate that would like an app built, perhaps even a website. It would be able to accept different accounts so that each user could enter their own data. I work in IT but don't do this kind of thing. Any idea who I could get to help him? A uni student?

I've got a Toshiba satellite laptop, reasonably new model I guess, got it at the start of the year. The sound quality out of is just terrible through both speakers or headphones compared to something like an ipod. Is this normal? I tried reinstalling the sound driver but still sounds crap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back