Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I use MP62's and rate them.

Being from Tassie, i have no idea where you could trial them though.

No golf shops nearby let you take a couple of demo clubs to test out?

Not that i can find, in nth Vic options are limited

heading to Melb in 3 weeks time, a shopping we will go

I know a guy who last year bought a carry bag and said yep ima carry my clubs now for some fitness. Few months later he started using a push cart and a few months later he bought a motorised buggy.

what sort of fitness level was he at upon purchasing and using carry bag?

Thanks.

I actually just got home from Drummond after tilt buying some new clubs after a horrible back nine last week.

Reality is from what I saw the sale was good, but not that great, used more as a way to trap the complete n00b who has Masters fever like me as opposed to anyone who is playing off an actual handicap.

I bought a beginner Trident package about 8 months ago and that same package with clubs, bag and buggy was at the same price I got it, just "marked down" from $200 more expensive.

Ended up just getting a few new longer clubs relatively cheap (Im giving my beginner set to a mate, have already purchased some lightly used Callaway Razr X irons) and will hopefully go from here as a complete hacker to playing Perth Golf Network in the next six months or so.

Finally took them out for a hit today

Might be just positive variance over a small sample but I hit far better and about 10% longer then I was with my older clubs, and generally finding the middle/having a far better shot arc then before. Really happy with how all the irons felt in the hands and how they sat against the ball pre-swing.

Driver in particular just seemed right compared to my older version, so looking forward to the first round with them on Thursday

I find that putters are mostly personal preference rather than getting fitted. If you're of average height, a standard 35'' putter off the shelf that feels good to you will be fine. Personally, I'm 6'6'' and like a heavier putter and found that the 40'' Odyssey Tank felt best for me and have had good results. Definitely get fitted for irons though.

I had a few lessons with a pro about a year ago with one specifically on putting and it definitely helped eliminate a lot of the 3 putts that were happening so I'd recommend that to anyone.

God, why anyone buys clubs in Australia is beyond me, I've bought them online and overseas for the past 10+ years they are a good 50% cheaper on average. Go spend some money at your local course, get a proper master fit, have a crack at a few different models and see what you like.

If your a good golfer, you should know what shafts you want to run, get some decent clubs and have them all bent when they get here for $150ish.

I've had Scotty Cameron's, personally prefer my odyssey belly, but that's mostly because of my height.

I run Ap2 black series Titleist irons 4-pw, Sm5 wedges (50,56,60,64), Ping i25 9* xstiff, titleist 913f 15* and an Adams 17* super hybrid. I use a odyssey metal x belly, with the pendulum head. I delete the hybrid and a wedge depending on course, sometimes run a 3 iron.

Last edited:
God, why anyone buys clubs in Australia is beyond me, I've bought them online and overseas for the past 10+ years they are a good 50% cheaper on average. Go spend some money at your local course, get a proper master fit, have a crack at a few different models and see what you like.

If your a good golfer, you should know what shafts you want to run, get some decent clubs and have them all bent when they get here for $150ish.

I've had Scotty Cameron's, personally prefer my odyssey belly, but that's mostly because of my height.

I run Ap1 Titleist irons 4-pw, Sm5 wedges (50,56,60,64), Ping i25 9* xstiff, titleist 913f 15* and an Adams 17* super hybrid.

What handicap do you playoff?

Do u buy from the states or other?

Website?

What handicap do you playoff?

Do u buy from the states or other?

Website?

I play off scratch.

Anywhere on ebay is fine, I've bought from the US mostly, I've also bought from Japan in the past. There's a shitload of online stores, the same applies to golf clothing, an Adidas polo is $80 at Drummond, you can get the same ones for about $35 at rock bottom golf.

Your limiting your range by buying in a store over here.

I play off scratch.

Anywhere on ebay is fine, I've bought from the US mostly, I've also bought from Japan in the past. There's a shitload of online stores, the same applies to golf clothing, an Adidas polo is $80 at Drummond, you can get the same ones for about $35 at rock bottom golf.

Cheers time to go shopping/importing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My uncle lives in Hong Kong and lives above a golf shop. Says compared with Australia its basically all 50% and they only carry the 'best gear'.

Looking at getting some new golf shoes at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Was looking at the ECCO Hybrid shoes.

Just ordered my Mizuno MP64s 4-PW

cannot bloody wait

Played with my uncle the other week and he has some Miura irons. They're supposed to be similar to Mizuno. Felt awesome.

never heard of em,

where did he get them from?

They're hand forged from Japan. He lives in HK. He is a member of some club over there was able to get them fitted.

They're very nice clubs.

Jesus there $200+ an iron

only come in right handed

Look nice tho

He says they're the best irons he's ever owned and are worth the money. But yeh a bit steep.

If i was to recommend a brand that you don't see on the course too often and many of you wouldn't of tried, Bridgestones.

I've had a set of bridgestones in the past, the J33's are absolutely awesome, very nearly went them again over the AP2's.

If i was to recommend a brand that you don't see on the course too often and many of you wouldn't of tried, Bridgestones.

I've had a set of bridgestones in the past, the J33's are absolutely awesome, very nearly went them again over the AP2's.

You just never really see them around in shops or get recommended them for a test - interesting.

How are you liking the AP2's? I'm using the 714s and love em.

You just never really see them around in shops or get recommended them for a test - interesting.

How are you liking the AP2's? I'm using the 714s and love em.

AP2's are nice, not the best I've ever used, but nice enough.

Yep, I bought Aaron Baddeley's old set of J's off of him when he turned pro, I used them through all tournament golf as a junior. They are absolutely at the top of my list when I see any new gear come out, I've never used their woods, but their irons and wedges really are A++ stuff, they get compared with Miura for a reason.

I play off scratch.

Spot on, i do the same thing.

Feel a bit sorry for the pros but once you're fitted you can save so much money buying from the stores on eBay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back