2014 World Tour Races.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boonen's tactics going so far from home have been interesting and will take a monumental effort to win from here now given what his wasted. Great viewing though..
He's tried it again! Would have to think it will blow him up for if it comes down to a sprint or will make him an absolute ******* genius.

He's tried it again! Would have to think it will blow him up for if it comes down to a sprint or will make him an absolute ******* genius.
I though this in 2012. He solo'd 52km to victory.

Would love it if Thor won though. Such a beast.

Terpstra looks to have picked his timing very well. Can he hold on?
Bloody oath he can!

I thought he went way too early, especially given he was in a group with Cancellara and Wiggins, however no one else could go with him. Absolutely smashed the field.

Degenkolb into second, Cancellara 3rd.

Great race, just really great, riveting watching. Could hardly tear my eyes off it.

Terpstra finally gets a classics victory. He's been in great form over the past 2 years for very little reward, often doing the tough yards for Boonen. Twerp star thoroughly deserved this.

Amazing race in the end. Warriors really to be able to do that s**t for that long.

Nice footage at the end where they missed the sprint for 2nd. I'm looking at it thinking they've dropped a few of the big guys here only to realise it was the 2nd bunch.

Every year I say it but I'd love to see that race live, probably more so than Le Tour. Just something about it.

That was a fantastic PR! Boonen was a beast and terpstra owes him the win! I was disappoint in cancellara, he was almost arrogant in the way he rode and then looked liked he cracked the shits when he realised there were guys at his level.

Sagan has some balls, pretty stupid for him to attack like he did though. Wiggins is a complete knob, he was never in it, just sucked wheels and made Thomas destroy himself when Thomas was the stronger of the two. Also what is with his beard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty awesome viewing from start to (almost) finish.

Was anyone else a little disappointed that no one went with Terpstra. Boonen is a beast, I love his posturing throughout asking other guys to take a turn. Funny that they were all probably on their limit and could not physically do so.

I still want to one day see Boonen V Cancellara in a two up smash with 30 kms to go. That would be epic.

Terpstra deserved it. Degenkolb showed he aint just a sprinter. Van Avermaet unlucky again.

Pretty awesome viewing from start to (almost) finish.

Was anyone else a little disappointed that no one went with Terpstra. Boonen is a beast, I love his posturing throughout asking other guys to take a turn. Funny that they were all probably on their limit and could not physically do so.

I still want to one day see Boonen V Cancellara in a two up smash with 30 kms to go. That would be epic.

Terpstra deserved it. Degenkolb showed he aint just a sprinter. Van Avermaet unlucky again.
Most of them were pretty well cooked by that stage. Boonen & Sagan had both spent a lot of time pushing the pace. Cancellara burned a lot of fuel tickets in bringing the 2nd group up to the Boonen group, with around 20km to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking fwd to the preview, OGE had a good warm up race during the week and have kept most of the same squad and added a few stronger guys. Think they might be keen on good showing here.

Another top effort by Gerro, just not strong enough to go again at the very top of the climb. Having said that, what an absolutely pathetic effort from Valverde. Refused to help Gerro and sat on his wheel, ultimately letting Gilbert ride away for the win. Justice that Gerro got him for the spot on the podium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back