Resource VFA/VFL Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice work but the graphics are a bit of a browser clogger. (Quite a bit especially for those with slower connections.)
coburg_zps45de1410.png

This is reduced to width of 1024 px and saved as a 256 colour PNG file . It is 118kb. (Appears to be about 1/5th the size of the original.)
Freeware program Irfanview (with free RIOT plug-in) does the job. http://www.irfanview.com/

Note too: Opening graphic has the VFA starting in 1887 instead of 1877.

I have fixed up the thread header and the first section header. Are they any better?

Changed all the pictures in the current teams section to smaller pictures.
Have included the new Sandringham Clash Jumper on the Sandringham picture.
3CMjYwL.jpg

Before Geelong West joined the VFA, they had a red jumper with a white monogram. This clashed with Preston so the club reversed it's colours.
Prior to the VFA they played in the Ballarat football League after it reformed after WWII.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Created new pictures for: Bendigo, Box Hill Hawks, Casey Scorpions, Coburg, Collingwood, Essendon, North Ballarat, Northcote, Northern Blues, Prahran, Richmond, Sandringham, Werribee and Williamstown.
JTq6jcZ.jpg

P6KWlHK.jpg

wC63zEZ.jpg

t4w3QVN.jpg

wAXh2fl.jpg

FaFIcW9.jpg

Xvyrbkq.jpg

xbqaSdD.jpg

w3Nc2St.jpg

Pf18FjB.jpg

BaQ5c8f.jpg

FzQitis.jpg

ZbpIZuz.jpg

Rcq4KXK.jpg

5be0rzD.jpg

Here is a picture with most VFA/VFL teams, except for the Ballarat teams of the 1880's and the junior clubs. I have no designs for East Melbourne, Geelong Association, Melbourne City and West Melbourne. This picture has the most famous jumper and logo of the teams time in the VFA/VFL.
IiYDooo.jpg

Here is a picture with most VFA/VFL teams, except for the Ballarat teams of the 1880's and the junior clubs. I have no designs for East Melbourne, Geelong Association, Melbourne City and West Melbourne. This picture has the most famous jumper and logo of the teams time in the VFA/VFL.
I believe that the Geelong Association team of the 1920s wore navy blue and white hoops but a report of its first match in 1922 mentions, "Prior to the game, Mrs. K. Ritchie (wife of the president) unfurled the purple and gold flag of the new club. Argus 8 May 1922 page 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back