MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Also strange that he changed from 16 to 10, its not like 16 is a number in the late 30's or 40's which most draftees get.

Browny said 'bunch up, cabbage'.

suspect footskills

All Australian
Oct 15, 2012
Richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm still unaware of which position they plan to play him, mid, half back or 'utility'. I think in any case he's going to add immensely to whichever line he plays. If its true that Bucks wants to develop him into a tall mid ala Pendles our midfield group shouldn't suffer too much once Ball and Swan retire.
We're so undermanned right now it's hard to gauge where we sit. Once these young guys start playing and we get Marly, Broomhead and a few others on the park I daresay we're going to have one hell of a unit moving forward.

Aug 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Melb Victory
I'm still unaware of which position they plan to play him, mid, half back or 'utility'. I think in any case he's going to add immensely to whichever line he plays. If its true that Bucks wants to develop him into a tall mid ala Pendles our midfield group shouldn't suffer too much once Ball and Swan retire.
We're so undermanned right now it's hard to gauge where we sit. Once these young guys start playing and we get Marly, Broomhead and a few others on the park I daresay we're going to have one hell of a unit moving forward.
Play him anywhere in the backline we need his kicking skills there. We have Adams and Josh Thomas who are perfect replacements for Swan and Ball

Meh we came within 10 points of one of the greatest GF upsets in history. Wasn't all that bad.
^This. Last time we came up against an AFL funded monster our squad had considerably less talent on the books.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
^This. Last time we came up against an AFL funded monster our squad had considerably less talent on the books.
We did stupendously well against the AFL 'cough' 'cough' Bears, talk about big brother :rolleyes:

I don't remember whether it was '02 or '03 when Buckley was rubbed out of the GF for 'talking back' to an umpire - an 'offense' which, up until that stage had carried a hefty fine but no suspension - just absolutely no comment :rolleyes:

rustyg70

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2011
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
We did stupendously well against the AFL 'cough' 'cough' Bears, talk about big brother :rolleyes:

I don't remember whether it was '02 or '03 when Buckley was rubbed out of the GF for 'talking back' to an umpire - an 'offense' which, up until that stage had carried a hefty fine but no suspension - just absolutely no comment :rolleyes:

I'm sure Bucks played both games.
Are you thinking of Rocca??

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm sure Bucks played both games.
Are you thinking of Rocca??
rusty my memory could be at fault though I do remember Bucks getting rubbed out for 'backchat' to an umpire - my memory says for the GF but it may have been an earlier game.

I CAN clearly remember the 'justification' from the league along the lines that Bucks was such a super star and huge role model so they needed to be harsh - a load of coddswallop of course but then that's the AFL all over :rolleyes:

Back