Good Friday v Carlton, "Lock it in"

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but the second only 30,000 people rock up the Blues will call it a joke and demand to play Richmond on Good Friday and that'll be that.

You are talking about a day where most shops are closed other than fish and chip shops and there is nothing on Television but charity.

I think you'd see a decent turn out at a GWS/Port game played at Etihad.

KB just said on SEN, it looks like the Bulldogs vs Carlton for Good Friday next year and North want a piece of it. Seriously this old fool should just give it away now.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using Tapatalk

KB just said on SEN, it looks like the Bulldogs vs Carlton for Good Friday next year and North want a piece of it. Seriously this old fool should just give it away now.

Oh good, definitely NOT worth listening to, then.

He was talking to someone involved at The Bulldogs though was probably just being nice

He's a silly old fool who has ruined the game. Wouldn't take in to much of what he has to say

Yet other people will because radio 'identities' have far bigger influences on the common idiot than we want them to. It's not good.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind that the Dogs might get the game over Carlton? I like seeing the battler clubs getting a leg-up on the big clubs. Couldn't give two shits about crowd numbers, TV rights, money, connection to hospital, all that s**t. They get shunned to Sunday twilight games just like we do, and deserve some exposure on a big stage. It's good for equalisation, and good for both clubs. I hope they get the game.

Great post mate. We are both "battler" clubs who deserve a key game at least once a year to help build our brands. At the moment we get shafted to Sunday twilight games and have 0 Friday night games this year while other clubs, who we will have better seasons than, have at least a couple. We get AFL handouts as equalisation for a crap draw and having to make little to no cash through the Etihad deal but we don't want that. Give us a chance to shine and build on this nice Dogs / Roos rivalry as two tough, battling Victorian clubs and it will be a great fixture every year.

Dogs should be pretty competitive over the next few years and will look to play finals next season so I think we could push 35,000 + attendance easily and make it a success. Give us a 3 year arrangement, Dogs vs Roos on Good Friday and see how it goes.

He's a silly old fool who has ruined the game

Funnily enough, he's running around claiming that it's the commission ruining the game. They're all giving it a crack but KB is that deluded it's not funny anymore. Just f***ing frustrating.

Needs to be North v Carlton in my opinion. What's the relevance of North v Bulldogs? We already seem to have an established 'rivalry' with that constant friday night we play against them every year, and I'm sure most are aware of our vicinity to the RCH. From the outside, it looks fairly clear that it's been North pushing hardest for longest re: Good Friday game, with Carlton piggybacking our own bid in the hope it pays off. Bulldogs look to have come in late for a cheap payday to go along with their pokie machines.

KB was firstly talking about the WB playing Carlton this round. He then made a flippant comment that may be WB could play Carlton next year on Good Friday. He does make stupid comments like North playing Richmond in this years GF.

Battlers is a self defeating term, The WB have a Social Club at VUT oval and a stand alone VFL side. They've been closer to winning a premiership than we have in the last 10 years. They also have an income stream from poker machines that we don't have.

Its seems that WB are using an equalisation argument in order to meet their own needs whilst disregarding our claim to be rewarded for coming up with an initiative some years ago. This mooted 8 games being played in Tassie is also an 'equalisation measure" why aren't the WB putting their hands up for that too.

As Carl said in the end it's going to be call of the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was talking to someone involved at The Bulldogs though was probably just being nice

He was talking with Alan Johnson, Bulldogs' number 1 ticket holder and owner of the Penfold Auto group who sponsor KB's show, asking him questions as if he was speaking with the Bulldogs' CEO. AJ didn't know any of the answers KB sought re. their Good Friday push and KB was speaking from the perspective of his love of the Dogs as a kid. He grew up a Dogs fan prior to joining Richmond. It was wishful thinking more than anything.

Of course Carlton will be pissed but it doesn't seem like the AFL care. It's under heavy consideration going by what Watson said.
The key phrase being "going by what Watson said."? ;) Interested to know what the actual politics here are.

RooBeauty said:
That makes little sense. So if the Dogs and Carlton got the game you would be happy because we would get a little bit of extra money from equalisation measures?
I didn't make sense? That never happens. :oops:

But seriously, what I meant is that whoever doesn't get the game will be 'compensated' via equalisation. And no, I wouldn't be happy with that if it was the NMFC. I'm hoping, however, that the Dogs will be. :p

Robbo finished off 360 tonight saying to buy the paper tomorrow to see the teams falling over themselves to get Good Friday 2015.

Up their clackers.

Robbo finished off 360 tonight saying to buy the paper tomorrow to see the teams falling over themselves to get Good Friday 2015.
Beep the beep off.

Beep you beeping bandwagon jumpers. You beeping cop out lazy glory seeking beeps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back