The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I have a life and it's a two way street when someone comes in to a thread like this and hurts your feelings. Don't report it and there's a chance it won't be seen.

Because I have a life and it's a two way street when someone comes in to a thread like this and hurts your feelings. Don't report it and there's a chance it won't be seen.

My feelings haven't been hurt.

If anything seeing the whining has improved my spirits.

I will be stunned if Melb City don't wear sky blue. A kit is the most noticeable part of any sports brand. They paid their money and so Man City are entitled to change the colour of the shirt.

Seems almost inevitable now that the Melbourne City home shirt will be blue.

If any red/white remains at all it is likely to be in the form of the away shirt.

While I'm said to see the strip go (as it was a good one) it's not like they had much heritage or won anything like Cardiff City and the like. Keep the red and white for Derby's and Sydney FC away perhaps.

What is a club apart from a name, colors and a location?
The people come and go but the club is constant.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd be dissapointed if they change their name, for me it would be the death of the club Melbourne Heart. Melbourne Sellouts would be a more appropriate name.

What is a club apart from a name, colors and a location?
The people come and go but the club is constant.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd be dissapointed if they change their name, for me it would be the death of the club Melbourne Heart. Melbourne Sellouts would be a more appropriate name.

I understand where you are coming from. It would be easy to interpret what's taken place as Heart folding and Manchester City simply buying their place in the competition.

The new entity won't be called Heart and very likely won't wear Heart colours either. The new club, Melbourne City will be promoted as a leg of Manchester City, and in time it's likely nobody will remember Heart was even once part of the A League competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks that way.

Honestly I'm more annoyed about having to buy all new gear than I am about actually being Man City junior. Maybe they'll give us a % off if we turn in our old stuff?

Fully intend to enjoy next weeks as much as this week. Thanks for your kind wishes :thumbsu:

Anytime.

You have to enjoy the little things in life.

Winning finals is what it's all about. When you win one you you'll understand what I mean.

I've witnessed the teams I support play in plenty of finals and win heaps of trophies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back