Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 20th April @ Etihad 4.40PM - Team post #541

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that to a certain extent.

An all out attack gameplan is very taxing on the players and with all our different injuries and interruptions to the preseason our ability to run games out is a bit limited. Definitely go all out attack for periods of the game, but we'll need to slow it down at times to get our breath. This is where it worries me though as this is the part of the game we're horrible at with our average kicking skills. Attacking is when we look like a great football side!

We're not the only team with injury and fitness issues.

They're league footballers, the only reason they can't run out a game is because they don't want to. Mentally weak.

Expect a few changes.. really keen to see Docherty come in to replace one of out of form running half backs in Touhy, Scotland & Buckley

Waite in for Rowe
Judd in for Graham
Robinson in for Buckley
Docherty in for Touhy / Scotland
Garlett in for Menzel (inj)

stronger 22...i'm tipping Blues to turn it around this week.

Expect a few changes.. really keen to see Docherty come in to replace one of out of form running half backs in Touhy, Scotland & Buckley

Waite in for Rowe
Judd in for Graham
Robinson in for Buckley

I would NOT be taking buckley out . No way. Especially for Robinson.

Waite in for Rowe
Judd in for Graham
Robinson in for Buckley

Did someone just rear-end me with a pineapple fired by a petrol driven wood-splitter? Did they?

Doc - Jamo - Bucks
Walks - Watto - Simmo
Thomas - Carrots - Everitt
Robbo - Hendo - Yaz
Ellard - Waite - Cas
Warnock - Murph - Gibbs
Graham-Cripps-Lucas-Scotto(SUB)

In-Doc, Waite Watto, Robbo (Judd)???
Out Menz,(inj) Rowe,2e, Curnow

Keep the kids in, stuff it give them a taste!

If Jamo is fit he plays on crameri, Watson to Jones. Id like to get someone to "sacrifice" there game and allow Murph a chance to get some freedom. Leadership isn't all just a one way street. Players should want to help the captain also.

If Jamo doesn't come up we may need a re-think. Perhaps Zach gets another chance, feel he has been woefully out of form and looks a little sluggish (knee related)???

I hope we don't break Judd and rush him in if he isn't ready

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite in for Rowe
Judd in for Graham
Robinson in for Buckley

Why are we dropping Buckley? He's one of the only ones with any guts.

So:

Buckley Jamison Watson
Everitt Henderson Simpson
Yarran Gibbs Judd
Thomas Casboult Walker
Ellard Waite Menzel
Warnock Murphy Carrazzo

Lucas Cripps Robinson Tuohy
I'd keep Rowe, Walker and Tuohy back. Think we'll back Rowe who is putting in more than our senior players. Walker is possibly our only defender with the endurance to play on Crameri. Tuohy to go to Tutt.

Henderson and Casboult forward with Waite not getting a game until he's at his best.

No to rushing Judd back. If we go back to that old plan, that only takes the heat off Gibbs, Murphy and Carrazzo who need to lift. Need to pick more mids to match Boyd, Macrae, Griffen, Cooney, Liberatore, Wallis and Stevens.

Everitt might be asked to shut down Higgins or Murphy ala Deledio.

Buckley Jamison/Watson Tuohy
Walker Rowe Simpson
Lucas Curnow Gibbs
Everitt Casboult Thomas
Ellard Henderson Yarran
Warnock Murphy Carrazzo

I/C: Cripps Graham Bell Sub: Scotland

>out of form running half backs in Touhy, Scotland & Buckley
Why are we dropping Buckley? He's one of the only ones with any guts.

Yeah I went and looked up a few stats.

Scotlands first week back, Buckley getting a rising star nom, and Touhy doing most of the midfields work all appear to have been overlooked.

I'd keep Rowe, Walker and Tuohy back. Think we'll back Rowe who is putting in more than our senior players. Walker is possibly our only defender with the endurance to play on Crameri. Tuohy to go to Tutt.

Henderson and Casboult forward with Waite not getting a game until he's at his best.

No to rushing Judd back. If we go back to that old plan, that only takes the heat off Gibbs, Murphy and Carrazzo who need to lift. Need to pick more mids to match Boyd, Macrae, Griffen, Cooney, Liberatore, Wallis and Stevens.

Everitt might be asked to shut down Higgins or Murphy ala Deledio.

Buckley Jamison/Watson Tuohy
Walker Rowe Simpson
Lucas Curnow Gibbs
Everitt Casboult Thomas
Ellard Henderson Yarran
Warnock Murphy Carrazzo

I/C: Cripps Graham Bell Sub: Scotland

Wood in.
Waite was apparently good in magoos.
Walker forward.

I would NOT be taking buckley out . No way. Especially for Robinson.

And I wouldn't be dropping Graham either. Does him no good whatsoever to come for one game and then gets dropped back to the VFL. Leave him in for a number of games and get him used to the speed of AFL footy.

Buckley is a must...play him every game this year. He has the goods, he just needs as many games as possible to get him where he needs to be. Graham is no different...no point playing Scotland and leaving the younger players out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back