Anyone at training?

Remove this Banner Ad

Right, where do I start..

First time i'd been to Arden Street in about 10 years, very impressed with the facilities. Players were doing a weave drill when I got there, Liam Anthony shrugged off Lachie Hansen, forcing Lachie to say "get here ya c***". Was funny. Then half of the squad (mostly forwards and a few mids) went and just had pot shots at the goals for a good half an hour. Nicky Dal was hitting every shot, while Luke McDonald was very up and about, all chatty and laughing. His personality is infectious. Boomer and Boof were having a goalkicking competition from deep in the forward pocket. It was pretty even, they were both giving each other s**t. Scott Thompson came over and joined in, he jumped the fence and had a few shots from deep back. Nailed about three inside-out torpedo-looking things, he was pretty happy with it.

Taylor Garner ran laps the whole session, he's looking quite built. Patch and Delaney didn't train, as well as JMac of course. There was someone else who wasn't doing much at all. Think it was McMahon, but don't quote me. It's obvious that Dal Santo has taken McKenzie under his wing. The two were always close to each other, always having a laugh and messing around with each other.

That's about all. I was there to interview a player as part of my uni course, so once he was available we left to go into the gymnasium while all the players had lunch (I assume). Definitely gonna try and get to a few more training sessions, but it's a little bit of a trek from Glen Waverley.

The interview sounds more interesting than your obs (sorry to say)...so what did you and Sammy chew the fat about?

Haha, sorry. There wasn't a lot going on, admittedly, but was still good for me.

Just about his progression from Katamatite (near where i'm from) to North, and some other stuff here and there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you get interrogated as a possible spy, you're not doing it right.

Twice I've had to pull out the membership card before the old steward geezer would leave me alone.
Omg that happened to my mate at work as well. They thought he was a spy, he was telling me the other day. What's with that?

It's obvious that Dal Santo has taken McKenzie under his wing. The two were always close to each other, always having a laugh and messing around with each other.

Very pleased about this bit. BMac could learn a lot from watching NDS

485009167-andrew-swallow-looks-on-during-a-north-gettyimages.jpg

how the bloomin' hell did you get to interview a player? and how do I make up some sort of excuse that involves uni?!

Suppose someone has to fill the slack left by BTron and Philly
200.gif

getting asked for membership for watching training? what the hell are they worried about?
Every club has spies that watch opposition training. These spies have supporter gear for every team so they can blend in.

It stands to reason that a supporter taking particular interest in watching training (I.e. Writing a full report to post on here) might look suspicious to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back