The Official Week 25 'please for the love of god finish the regular season already' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering people (including me) thought we would struggle to get over 20 wins it was a fantastic season. Its a pity they fell just short, those guys deserved to play in the playoffs. Hopefully we can make a few adjustments through the draft or via trades (if it doesnt gut us too much) so that we can take another step forward next year.

It still is so dissappointing to get this close. If I wasnt on a work computer I would add the gif of George Michael imitating snoopy to sum up my mood.

Hornacek was ring-in for COTY in February

yay we won.

wait....WUT???

Pretty much my reaction to the Pellies/Thunder game.

We're now 1-0 in the post-Stiemsma era - who'd have thunk it? Also Reke scores 41 the day Steamer's pale arse stops clogging the paint - coincidence?

Goodbye lanky albino, we knew entirely too much of thee

6njch.gif

I just don't get why Miami throws a game (effectively) by sitting LeBron and Bosh and give up the top seed. They say rest?!?!?!?! I mean these guys are like 30 years old. Not 35. Surely playing Atlanta in the first round is the same as resting anyway.

Pathetic.

I just don't get why Miami throws a game (effectively) by sitting LeBron and Bosh and give up the top seed. They say rest?!?!?!?! I mean these guys are like 30 years old. Not 35. Surely playing Atlanta in the first round is the same as resting anyway.

Pathetic.
The one seed plays the winner of 4 vs 5. Miami got swept by Brooklyn and Chicago are not going to be fun to play. Losing the one seed is definitely more tactical than you think.
They are almost assured not to have home court advantage in the finals unless Houston or below get in. And that is only if they hold a tiebreaker against Houston

The one seed plays the winner of 4 vs 5. Miami got swept by Brooklyn and Chicago are not going to be fun to play. Losing the one seed is definitely more tactical than you think.
They are almost assured not to have home court advantage in the finals unless Houston or below get in. And that is only if they hold a tiebreaker against Houston

What about that they can't seem to beat Indiana in Indiana? Isn't it like 7 straight losses there? Atlanta are also a lot easier than the Cats.

What about that they can't seem to beat Indiana in Indiana? Isn't it like 7 straight losses there? Atlanta are also a lot easier than the Cats.
Indiana are no sure thing to make it that far... And the Heat have home court against everyone else in the East. Plus, I don't think they care that much.

Indiana are no sure thing to make it that far... And the Heat have home court against everyone else in the East. Plus, I don't think they care that much.

Yeah I agree, I don't think they care. Though has resting players like this at the end of the season shown to actually improve a teams chances of winning it? I can understand teams like SA where they are almost 40, but guys that are 30 and under. Not so sure. Wade I understand, but LeBron and Bosh. I stand by my pathetic statement. Mainly because I will take any chance I have of having a shot at LeBron.

Pathetic.

Lebron has played 2902 minutes (8th in total) over 77 games for 37.7 mpg (6th in total).

For a guy they need to contribute on both ends of the floor that's a hack of a lot of mileage. Especially given Wade has only played 53 games this year.... Here's a stat for you, Wade and Lebron came into the league in the same draft, and we can chuck Melo into that as well

Regular season
Lebron GP 842 Total minutes 33276
Wade 718/26308
Melo 790/28838

Playoffs
Lebron 138/5954
Wade 132/5214
Melo 66/2579

Oh look Melo has played less than half the playoff games of the other guys... :rolleyes: Lebron has played 130 odd more games than Wade and over the last 3 seasons he has played 215 regular season games to 126. (Playoffs is 67 to 66)

Even though Lebron is younger that's still a tonne of miles. Wade spent 2 seasons at Marquette before that if we want to legitimately compare totals, but 65 games and 1993 minutes still leaves him well shy of Lebron, even then comparing NCAA minutes to NBA minutes isn't really valid given the difference in game pace. (Thats before factoring in time spent with the USA teams with Melo and LBJ being on 3 olympic squads compared to Wade's 2)

Just food for thought really. The fact that Lebron has been able to play this well for this long without suffering a major injury is staggering. He's missed no more than 7 games in a single season in 11 years! (cough PED's :D )

Also given Durant leads the league in total minutes played I'm staggered OKC didnt sit him against the Pelicans. What on earth are they thinking by playing him 40+ minutes for in a game that means nothing o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Andrew Bogut....... Why oh why did this happen to you. :(

Lebron has played 2902 minutes (8th in total) over 77 games for 37.7 mpg (6th in total).

For a guy they need to contribute on both ends of the floor that's a hack of a lot of mileage. Especially given Wade has only played 53 games this year.... Here's a stat for you, Wade and Lebron came into the league in the same draft, and we can chuck Melo into that as well

Regular season
Lebron GP 842 Total minutes 33276
Wade 718/26308
Melo 790/28838

Playoffs
Lebron 138/5954
Wade 132/5214
Melo 66/2579

Oh look Melo has played less than half the playoff games of the other guys... :rolleyes: Lebron has played 130 odd more games than Wade and over the last 3 seasons he has played 215 regular season games to 126. (Playoffs is 67 to 66)

Even though Lebron is younger that's still a tonne of miles. Wade spent 2 seasons at Marquette before that if we want to legitimately compare totals, but 65 games and 1993 minutes still leaves him well shy of Lebron, even then comparing NCAA minutes to NBA minutes isn't really valid given the difference in game pace. (Thats before factoring in time spent with the USA teams with Melo and LBJ being on 3 olympic squads compared to Wade's 2)

Just food for thought really. The fact that Lebron has been able to play this well for this long without suffering a major injury is staggering. He's missed no more than 7 games in a single season in 11 years! (cough PED's :D )

Also given Durant leads the league in total minutes played I'm staggered OKC didnt sit him against the Pelicans. What on earth are they thinking by playing him 40+ minutes for in a game that means nothing o_O

I hope Lebron would be high in minutes, he's the best player in the game :p

I just don't see the benefit of resting him being anywhere near as important as getting the number one seed. I still don't see the benefit of resting fit players (resting Wade is just fine).

With the number one seed they would have played Atlanta and swept in 4. Then they would have had probably a week off as Brooklyn and Chicago will go 6 or 7 games. I'm yet to see the point of resting young healthy players, particularly the top seeds (I could understand it if you are guaranteed the 4th seed and are getting ready for a difficult first round).

OKC haven't guaranteed the second seed yet, so the game meant something.

Also it upsets me greatly that LeBron James is getting votes for defensive player of the year on ESPN. I mean he is as good as it gets defensively for about 1 minute in close games (the last minute when he is trying), but the rest of the time he is a pretty average defender (not trying). For me DPY is always a guy that works his ass off, every play of the season.

I mean he's averaging career lows in blocks (0.3 lol) and steals, and has had his lowest rebound total for 7 years. To put that in comparison Raymond Felton has had the same number of blocks as him this year... despite playing 13 less games. But I guess we know how good Felton is...

I should note that LeBron not working that hard of the defensive end might still be the best thing for his team in the long run in order for him to work 100% at the offensive end and longevity etc. But he shouldn't be in consideration for this award, based on basically that potentially he is the DPY.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back