Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts gift wrapped him his goals last week. Out of the forwards he's the one I'd punt...in front of Pets...I can't believe I just said that.

Im glad you mentioned that. He didnt gift wrap it, he literally took the ball and placed it on his boot and moved his leg to kick the goal.:p

Anyways, Do posters feel that was a poor decision, he was right in front and IMO should have shot for goal himself?

I have no problem with his GA in general, but my preference is for him to kick the goal when he knows he can. The example you posted above he should have really kicked it himself. In crunch games, we need Betts to be selfish and kick a guaranteed goal then passing off which can go horribly wrong, especially if a player is not expecting to receive it.

Im glad you mentioned that. He didnt gift wrap it, he literally took the ball and placed it on his boot and moved his leg to kick the goal.:p

Anyways, Do posters feel that was a poor decision, he was right in front and IMO should have shot for goal himself?

I have no problem with his GA in general, but my preference is for him to kick the goal when he knows he can. The example you posted above he should have really kicked it himself. In crunch games, we need Betts to be selfish and kick a guaranteed goal then passing off which can go horribly wrong, especially if a player is not expecting to receive it.
Yes that is a bit of a worry but he did that in junk time. I am sure he wouldn't do that in crunch time.

Still had 22 touches
Agreed he didn't play badly, but Lynch and probably Grigg have to come in for someone, Martin is gone never to return. If we run, Betts, Pets and possibly Laird at times in the forwards, I can't see a place for Wright, 4 small forwards worked once, but I don't think it will be a weekly thing. So my outs in order would be Martin, Wright and Radar for Lynch, Grigg(if fit) and CEY as sub.

Yes that is a bit of a worry but he did that in junk time. I am sure he wouldn't do that in crunch time.

Thanks for mentioning the junk time goal, in that moment thats fine.

A bit like how in last years game the Saints players where trying to pass it to Kosi at every single opportunity they had so he could a goal in his final game, while the game was a s**t boring game it was exciting at the end.

FYI - He kicked a goal which was disallowed on review lol.

I don think we are in any position to rest a player, maybe just maybe against the Demons but then again, they may use that as motivation which is the last thing we need is for them to beat us at AO.
Yes especially when we have 6 first choice players on the injury list

Yes especially when we have 6 first choice players on the injury list

We lost that luxury when we failed to win a game in the first three rounds. There is an argument that the Truck could be rested/managed say against Melbourne and/or Carlton but not against much else.

I wonder when the Dons "rested" Chaps and Fletch if that made a difference to the psyche of the Dockers.

David Noble said on Fiveaa that they left Grigg out so they could bring in some leg speed in Martin. So basically Grigg got dropped :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We dont need anyone to play Brent Reilly's role, all he does is defend poorly, turn the ball over and get caught holding the ball.

It takes a special skill to be in the back pocket and choose to kick to a 50:50 (at best) 40 minutes out directly in front. As much as I'm not a fan of jaensch at least he's stupid enough to just kick long to the boundary line in those circumstances. Unfortunately, Reilly's too smart for that and loves trusting his skills and going inboard. If I was to be generous, he was borderline last year. He's nowhere near it this year yet.

Getting this back onto topic - 2014 will be another wasted season if we continue to play players who don't have a future with this club.

Petrenko should go now.
Reilly should go as soon as Henderson is ready.
Martin, Jeansch and j-Pod don't have a future.

4 winning finals in 15 years is a dead set disgrace and we continue to follow this failed algorithm of bullshit.

If Reilly's gone anyway, shouldn't cey have a go to develop as a legitimate back up to hendo. I fail yo see how he could provide less than Reilly at the moment anyway.

Probably the most athletic player in the comp Blicavs
Didn't realise that GROTTO was referring to Blicavs when he said "ruckman". Selecting Blicavs as sub in no way invalidates my previous comments. His athleticism makes him the very definition of an "impact" player who is almost certainly outside Geelong's current best 21. He might be taller than the majority of sub players, but he more than makes up for that with his athleticism.

Was it before or after the game?

just listened and it was after the game. pretty funny actually. he said that they didn't select grigg due to the need for speed. rowey than asked point blank whether he was dropped - "so you dropped mitch grigg last week". nobes then ummed and ahhed, maybe a bit of an injury, took him over and could have played. as it turns out, at least according to nobes, mitch grigg was clearly the travelling emergency!!!!

we told them so, but they wouldn't listen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back