Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure Keith Welman has done a great job, BUT the GVFL is a mile behind the times in terms of how it runs the league, jump down my throat on here but we need some young fresh blood in there, just go to the GVFL webpage and compare it to the OnM page...
All the best Keith

The GVFL website is shocking. I've said it for years. So much potential there and it honestly looks like a 1995 website.

The GVFL website is shocking. I've said it for years. So much potential there and it honestly looks like a 1995 website.
Everyone has there flaws , from what I've heard had the GVFL continued within the same direction it had prior to Keith re-joining the league than the GVFL would be now bankrupt .

Everyone has there flaws , from what I've heard had the GVFL continued within the same direction it had prior to Keith re-joining the league than the GVFL would be now bankrupt .

No doubt the league has improved a lot of areas (its financial position and a very good run at interleague, which wasn't great for a long time), but the website has bugged me for years. O&M, Bendigo league, Ballarat league, Geelong league etc. all have fantastic websites, which shits all over the GVFL one.

Congratulations to Craig Bamford on achieving 300 games with Euroa. What a fantastic effort considering he travels back to play each week. A really respected and admired player in the league who has shown true allegiance to the Magpies over the years through thick and thin. Hope he plays a blinder in the clash with the Eagles.

Love the way that the GVFL clubs have now linked with Under 16 and Under 14 teams. In my opinion the next step would be for Seymour, Euroa, Mansfield and Benalla to get on board also. This would create a clear GV path way of Under 14, Under 16, Under 18.

The Under 14s and Under 16s could mirror the GVFL draw and play on Saturday mornings on an oval near the Senior game. The kids could then make their way to the main oval by 2pm to watch some great footy.

I am sure all clubs could source a second oval in their town to make this happen.

Love the way that the GVFL clubs have now linked with Under 16 and Under 14 teams. In my opinion the next step would be for Seymour, Euroa, Mansfield and Benalla to get on board also. This would create a clear GV path way of Under 14, Under 16, Under 18.

The Under 14s and Under 16s could mirror the GVFL draw and play on Saturday mornings on an oval near the Senior game. The kids could then make their way to the main oval by 2pm to watch some great footy.

I am sure all clubs could source a second oval in their town to make this happen.
You mean how Notre Dame can skim kids from other clubs and funnel them in the Shepparton Bears?

gee whiz the shepp bears scoreline is not a good way to start there new campaign under Campbell! Thought they would have been a bit more competitive to start the year. Swans must have really played some good footy and there forward half must have been on fire.. How is united feeling throwing away a 4 goal lead to be over run by cats. years gone by united would of had a few stars get them over the line but cats get one back. Benalla looking scary with there good win against the lions and rochy doing what they had to againt echuca

Let's hope it leads to a higher retention rate of kids into senior football.
Fwiw the s**t fight that has occurred over benalla/ Mansfield junior footy with all footy being played in wang is just plain wrong .

Big rumours going around the GVFL is that swans coach Brett Warburton was seen on Saturday night trying to bash a prominent figure of a rival club...They reckon this has some serious legs and could erupt at club level! Not a great look for Warburton if it comes out
I heard the same thing, and don't believe one word of it, [ that's my opinion]

Big rumours going around the GVFL is that swans coach Brett Warburton was seen on Saturday night trying to bash a prominent figure of a rival club...They reckon this has some serious legs and could erupt at club level! Not a great look for Warburton if it comes out

Have heard it is very true.. not a great look from a senior coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Rochy played wont worry any of the top sides. Continually chipping short to poor options in defence and a lack of heat around the footy made Ky look better than they are. Ash Watson is a great player, but gee I thought his effort was ordinary. He would have had 30+ possies but they were all off dinky handball receives running behind the player in possession and short kicks to questionable options . 90% of these were inside Rochy's own defensive 50. A classic example in the second quarter was a short kick and run for a handball receive short kick, run10 metres to receive the handball and another short kick. The next kick was a turnover which resulted in a handball receive to Ky to kick a goal. 4 possies but still hadn't exited the KY 50. He just didn't hurt KY at all with his ball use. Of all his possies, would have had less than 5 that were contested, but he wasn't the Lone Ranger in that regard. Rochy's key forwards would have been so frustrated with the way the ball was being brought out of defence. Both their leg speed and ball movement continually going wide was too slow. Whitey has a lot of work to do IMO and it needs to start with a rethink of the game plan.

The way Rochy played wont worry any of the top sides. Continually chipping short to poor options in defence and a lack of heat around the footy made Ky look better than they are. Ash Watson is a great player, but gee I thought his effort was ordinary. He would have had 30+ possies but they were all off dinky handball receives running behind the player in possession and short kicks to questionable options . 90% of these were inside Rochy's own defensive 50. A classic example in the second quarter was a short kick and run for a handball receive short kick, run10 metres to receive the handball and another short kick. The next kick was a turnover which resulted in a handball receive to Ky to kick a goal. 4 possies but still hadn't exited the KY 50. He just didn't hurt KY at all with his ball use. Of all his possies, would have had less than 5 that were contested, but he wasn't the Lone Ranger in that regard. Rochy's key forwards would have been so frustrated with the way the ball was being brought out of defence. Both their leg speed and ball movement continually going wide was too slow. Whitey has a lot of work to do IMO and it needs to start with a rethink of the game plan.
What is their game plan ?

We'll if their game plan is to fart arse around with 20 touches in the back half and then bang it long onto the head one of the best full forwards in the country then the game plan is working.

If the game plan is to break the lines, take on the opposition and kick it long one out to Weeksy, well it's not working.

We'll if their game plan is to fart arse around with 20 touches in the back half and then bang it long onto the head one of the best full forwards in the country then the game plan is working.

If the game plan is to break the lines, take on the opposition and kick it long one out to Weeksy, well it's not working.
abit hard to kick long to weeksy when he's up on the wing.
and that was his own doing.
ky too fast and hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back