Club Legend
Feb 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Sacremento Kings
@nathanfyfe is a fake

I asked via Freo twitter and they confirmed the only players with twitter accounts is Pav, Deboer and Crowley.

pavsbootlace

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2011
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Older, but more importantly, bigger! Do you remember how skinny he was in his first game? The kid used to disappear every time he turned sideways!

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
He actually reminded me of *gulp* a young Grant Thomas with his voice and demeanour... and even his looks a little.

That's actually meant to be a complement too (well maybe the looks bit isn't very flattering) because besides the fact that he's a bit of a d1ckhead Grant Thomas is very smooth and polished operator on camera.

I posted this two and a half years ago and guess what? On FC they just showed an old footy card of Grant Thomas when he was a young fella and guess who he looked disturbingly like?

Sometimes I even amaze myself. Not too often though, because when you're as amazing as me you don't get amazed too often.

(not amazing enough to spell compliment right in 2010 though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
While looking for something else, I dug up an article from the age at the time of our Crows game about our drafting. Word from Smart is that we rated Fyfe as top 5 on talent but took him with the second round because we had a feeling he had been overlooked basically by other clubs - here is the quote.

"If you think you can get a player in the rookie draft, no matter how highly you rate him, then you'll probably give it a go because it allows you to look at other options in the national draft," Smart said.

"It's a bit like when we took Nat Fyfe in the national draft at Freo. We rated him a top-five talent but we were confident he would still be around for our second pick at No. 20.

"That meant we could take Anthony Morabito, who we didn't think would be around at No. 20, with our No. 4 pick."

Here is the link to the Age article from September 14 2012:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...with-crows-20120913-25txs.html?skin=text-only

JTLethal

Star Footy
Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
It's unbelievable seeing how far Nathan Fyfe has come. His only going to get better too. Brownlow in the making if you ask me.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've got a really good feeling about Fyfe. It would be awesome if he could grow those few extra cm's to KP height but if not it's still fun imagining any backline trying to contain Fyfe, Mayne, Ballantyne and Ruffles before they even get to any KPP's.
If you ever come back Dizzy I am sorry but this post cracked me up.

I wonder backlines would cope with Mayne and most importantly, Ruffles these days?

Fyfe is good at football though.

Does anyone remember some footage of Fyfe in the rooms back in 2016 I want to say?

He was instructing some of the players during the half time or quarter time break and quite aggressive about it. The player walked away whilst he was still talking.

Would love to try and find it.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone remember some footage of Fyfe in the rooms back in 2016 I want to say?

He was instructing some of the players during the half time or quarter time break and quite aggressive about it. The player walked away whilst he was still talking.

Would love to try and find it.

And for what reason or intention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back