Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sunday April 20th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Both highlight players for me this year, hoping they bring Williams in this week to play offensively out of the back half..
Buntine is a Shaw type player and has probably done enough in the magoos for a run in the 1s too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Boyd is to debut, but in this article its saying Whitfield is traveling over to adelaide so hopefully thats on the money and we have Boyd, Whitfield & Shiel all coming in

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-17/boyd-to-debut-for-giants?utm_medium=RSS

GREATER Western Sydney will hand No. 1 draft pick Tom Boyd his debut against Adelaide this Sunday.

The 18-year-old will play his first game for the Giants at Adelaide Oval after impressing in the first three rounds of the NEAFL season, playing both forward and in the ruck.

The 200cm tall was taken by the Giants with the first pick in last year's national draft and will join the man taken with pick No. 2, Josh Kelly, in the side to take on the Crows.

Two more former No. 1 picks, Lachie Whitfield and Jonathon Patton, will also make the trip to Adelaide.

Last edited:
squad named
B: Curtly Hampton, Sam Frost, Lachie Plowman
HB: Adam Kennedy, Nick Haynes, Zac Williams
C: Tomas Bugg, Adam Treloar, Toby Greene
HF: Joshua Kelly, Jon Patton, Devon Smith
F: Jeremy Cameron, Tom Boyd, Tom Scully
FOLL: Jonathan Giles, Stephen Coniglio, Callan Ward

I/C (from): Josh Hunt, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Jed Lamb, Adam Tomlinson, Jono O'Rourke, Matt Buntine, Andrew Phillips

In: Devon Smith, Tom Boyd, Zac Williams, Jono O'Rourke, Matt Buntine, Andrew Phillips
Out: Heath Shaw (hamstring), Jacob Townsend (omitted), Liam Sumner (omitted)

The final team for Sunday's game will be named at 5pm on Friday.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-04-17/giant-easter-treat#sthash.8BoJdDX6.dpuf

Good side (injuries notwithstanding)

O'Rourke likely emergency, means he's close though. No doubt his fitness has ramped up over the past 6-8 weeks.

Shiel, Whitfield, Mumford and shaw in would make me happier but glad to see some of those names

Especially the homesick Boyd that we will trade with our second round pick for pick 7ish....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back