2nds 2014 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggs must come into the seniors IMO, he has lovely disposal and boy don't we need that going into the forward 50? Sprayers of the ball have no place in the modern game, they kill you with turnovers. Biggs was quite impressive late last year, deserves a run or a few games to try and establish himself.

By the way replay is still not up. I just wrote an email to Patrick Carter asking when it would be up. I also asked him if there is a FB page. I will post his reply here. I was very strong in saying I was not writing on behalf of BF but off my own back to get information for the fans that could be posted here.

By the way replay is still not up. I just wrote an email to Patrick Carter asking when it would be up. I also asked him if there is a FB page. I will post his reply here. I was very strong in saying I was not writing on behalf of BF but off my own back to get information for the fans that could be posted here.
Who's Pat Carter?

Was checking out the new NEAFL MVP votes from Round 1

http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/_temp_/NEAFL_MVP_Rd_1.pdf

The system is, the two coaches meet and between them award a 5-4-3-2-1 to 5 players. The umpires also meet and give a separate 5-4-3-2-1 to 5 players. So the max one player can score is 10 in a single game.

The breakdown from our Round 1 game against the Lions is as follows:
  • D.Towers 5
  • Z.Jones 5
  • M.Dick 4
  • B.Jack 4
  • S.Naismith 3
  • T.Membrey 3
  • S.Biggs 2
  • I.Heeney 2
  • D.Robinson 1
  • J.Laidler 1

So the umpires and coaches couldn't agree on 1 single player that they thought were in their top 5. BTW, the official best listed Towers, Dick, Naismith, Biggs and Robinson so that must have been the coaches votes and hence Jones, Jack, Membrey, Heeney and Laidler were the umpires.

Was checking out the new NEAFL MVP votes from Round 1

http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/_temp_/NEAFL_MVP_Rd_1.pdf

The system is, the two coaches meet and between them award a 5-4-3-2-1 to 5 players. The umpires also meet and give a separate 5-4-3-2-1 to 5 players. So the max one player can score is 10 in a single game.

The breakdown from our Round 1 game against the Lions is as follows:
  • D.Towers 5
  • Z.Jones 5
  • M.Dick 4
  • B.Jack 4
  • S.Naismith 3
  • T.Membrey 3
  • S.Biggs 2
  • I.Heeney 2
  • D.Robinson 1
  • J.Laidler 1

So the umpires and coaches couldn't agree on 1 single player that they thought were in their top 5. BTW, the official best listed Towers, Dick, Naismith, Biggs and Robinson so that must have been the coaches votes and hence Jones, Jack, Membrey, Heeney and Laidler were the umpires.
Umpires can generally only pick players who stand out, which suggests Jones/Jack etc had a lot more noticeable impact than the Towers/Dick group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires can generally only pick players who stand out, which suggests Jones/Jack etc had a lot more noticeable impact than the Towers/Dick group.

Umpires are busy and don't really have a very good view of the whole ground. Umpires generally notice flashy players and yet don't notice players who are consistently good. This is proved by the players who always win the awards, all flashy mids. Yet some players like Biggs, Naismith, Xav, Aliir etc may not get votes from the umpires simply because they don't play in the right position or are not flashy. Coaches on the other hand value these players because it is these players who keep the side on track week in week out.

They've added Round 3 votes, but mistakenly called them Round 2. So Round 2 votes still missing.

Sydney Swans vs Queanbeyan
  • Jake Lloyd Sydney Swans 10
  • Craig Bird Sydney Swans 7
  • Tim Membrey Sydney Swans 7
  • Matthew Dick Sydney Swans 3
  • Jarrod Atkinson Queanbeyan 3
Breakdown would be
  • Lloyd, Bird, Membrey, Dick, Atkinson
  • Lloyd, Membrey, Bird, Atkinson, Dick

Season leaderboard has the top Swans Lloyd, Robinson and Membrey all on 10, which means Robinson polled 9 for game 2 and Lloyd and Membrey 0

Would you see Llyod as being close to getting a match at the moment? Had a strong season last year by all reports and seems to be kicking on.

Stats are up on the footy live app I spoke of earlier.

Not live unfortunately for neafl.
Not surprisingly high possession numbers for us. Aliir even had 28!

Interested to hear what Atkinson's role was for them to get some votes in a 130 point thrashing. 16 disposals

Yah Aliir stood out and so did Hewitt again with 30. Mitchell looks to be getting involved too which is good. Lots of handballs!

Hewitt only played 70 mins too. that is a good sign he will be a very good player. Crouchy reckons his disposal is elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back