Social Cats Chat about Our Pets

Is your Pet a Geelong Cats supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, couldnt you find a photo without scary eyes? :p

It is a Walking Dead dog.

photo-19.jpg

Last edited:

What about this question, I've always wondered about.

What type of cat are we exactly? As in Geelong? Is it like a domestic type cat, or a small wild cat like a lynx or something feral.

o_O
Geelong got the name the Cats in the early 1920s after some losses and a cartoonist suggested that the club neededa black cat to bring it good luck So apparently that is how it started :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong got the name the Cats in the early 1920s after some losses and a cartoonist suggested that the club neededa black cat to bring it good luck So apparently that is how it started :)

I think there have been some pretty feral cats over the years, coffeelover.....

I'm lurking here, hoping that catgal23 or Big Tom 2013 might have posted some pics of their new babies...

Can't wait!!!

I think there have been some pretty feral cats over the years, coffeelover.....

I'm lurking here, hoping that catgal23 or Big Tom 2013 might have posted some pics of their new babies...

Can't wait!!!
Haha, will have a try at loading a pic now. Only have a decent one of the brown chicken, which catgal has named 'Hilda'. Here she is (I hope! Hope she's a she too!);
image.jpg

Haha, will have a try at loading a pic now. Only have a decent one of the brown chicken, which catgal has named 'Hilda'. Here she is (I hope! Hope she's a she too!);
View attachment 51972
She's SO cute, Big Tom! I bet we won't see catgal on BF for weeks, now!
Does the bigger chicken belong to the breeder?
And what did catgal call the white chicken?

Yeah, saw the mother. Was very impressed with the breeder, healthy looking chooks and lots of helpful advice.

'Myrtle' is Hilda's sister lol:thumbsu:
Love those names :) They'll be great egg-layers with those monikers!
If you have any problems with the chicks and can't get to the breeder to ask questions, give us a hoy here or PM me. Or get onto that backyardpoultry website :)

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the way the RSPCA conducts itself Kitty, but for the greater general public, they are the face of animal protection and welfare, so it's better than nothing. The Save-a-Dog people here are wonderful, as are Animals Australia and the heroic Sea Shepherds, among the thousands and thousands of us who 'get it' when it comes to animal welfare, their rights and the protection of their environment, as well as ours.
Very late to this thread, but I am a huge fan of those organisations too. One of my FB friends - a girl I went to school with - was part of the Sea Shepherd crew on its most recent expedition.

Now I know more about the RSPCA, Lost Dogs' Home and the other big pounds (I think "shelter" is being too generous) and the way they conduct themselves, I would never donate to them, although I would still adopt from there to get animals out of there.

I currently have three kittehs, two females and a male: all rescues from a no-kill shelter, and all Geelong supporters - they were given the Talk when they first arrived ("you can support any team you like as long as it's Geelong"). The boy is named Jimmy :)

Thank you - heh, didn't think of that! No, the girls are named after a vampire on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a character from Rome respectively (Darla and Atia), just to spread the pop culture references around. I'll dig up some of the better pics soon. I used to have one called Harley (a girl originally misdiagnosed as a boy by the people I got her from) but lost her several years ago, sadly.

Loving the pics in this thread btw. It's always great to find other animal-loving people!

Back