Goo on Open Mike - Monday 9.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking to Poppy in pre-season, he said that Guerra was training harder as an assistant coach than he did as a player and he is driving the players he's responsible for quite hard.

This is true. Back in a intraclub practice match late Jan early Feb, Goo had to come on and resume his kicking out duties for the possibles against the probables after we lost 3 players to ankle injuries in the space of 5 minutes. He hadnt lost it, looked good out there kicking in and running around.

Was it just me or did he seem to be holding a lot of truth back with the selwood part?

I got this feeling as well. Just think about the logistics of it, he was pushing and shoving, and for some reason his hand came up in a roundhouse motion at Goo's shoulder, and slid up into his head?

Either Selwood is the worst fighter of all time, or it wasn't at all an accident.

Worst parts of the interview were when Sheahan asked Goo about his hair and when he asked if the Hawks thought they could beat the all conquering Cats in the 08 GF. Worst question of all time and once again trying to undermine our achievement.

Worst parts of the interview were when Sheahan asked Goo about his hair and when he asked if the Hawks thought they could beat the all conquering Cats in the 08 GF. Worst question of all time and once again trying to undermine our achievement.

Yes, asking him if they thought they could win the 08 GF. Name me any team that has made it to a GF who doesn't think they can win it?

Really great interview.
He seems like quite the shy bloke.

Also a great story to tell young players that even though they may stuff up, there is still a way to redeem yourself if you 'pull your head in'.

Well done Goo-Man

It felt like he was criticizing Guerra half the time rather than interviewing him with the hair comments, Saints prelim loss and the montage of innocuous bumps and tackles (you could've found an off the ball hit, seriously). Unbelievable that Sheahan still has a stick up his arse about the Cats not winning 08, we get it, you made yourself look like an idiot tipping the Cats as dead certs when we played a lot better on the day. I never rated him, funnily enough since he left the Herald Sun I rate him less and less every year.

Clarkson to join West Coast, dead cert. Give this guy a knighthood for services to sports media.

Love Goo, the bulk of and best of his career was with us, for the most part dramas were elsewhere.

Mike chases the story so for the most part focuses on drama rather than achievement.

2 Premierships, 250 games, and one of the better small defenders of the past 3-5 years. Amazingly consistent.

Mike's angle? - Drinking, bumping, drinking, rushed behinds, lucky grand final win, drinking.

Tosser.
Mike sheahan is trying to get a reaction, not trying to do an interview

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 Premierships, 250 games, and one of the better small defenders of the past 3-5 years. Amazingly consistent.

Mike's angle? - Drinking, bumping, drinking, rushed behinds, lucky grand final win, drinking.

Tosser.
It all went well for us and Clarko though. It was at Hawthorn that he turned his life, and footy around, and the more MS asked the questions the better our club looked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back