Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Port Adelaide Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriouly if we dont respond with a big win after what was servered up last week, we will be no better than.........Carlton....., sad isnt it!

Port for the win.

Here's why...

We still haven't really played a full "good game" yet fellas.

Bulldogs game was so so, and we switched off in the last quarter.
Melbourne game was totally yuck, even though we smashed them, it wasn't a good performance.
Saints we played horribly yet still managed to get up over the line because they ran out of legs in the last.
Geelong game last week........ I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Masten has strung together 3 of his worst games since 2011
Kennedy and our whole forward line is not jelling well at all at the moment. Out of sorts with having the 3rd ruck around.
Nicnat... we all know what is going on there.

^ Too many negatives to give me confidence in this one. But i'll be hoping like hell I'm wrong. Darls to engage beast mode!

If Natanui plays then I think we can win. He of course needs to play well.

The prophet..he speaks!

*to the rest of the board*
Quiet you fools!

Looking at that photo of ebert in the op. He looks right in a port jumper, like a natural order was restored. Just a shame we gave him such a good apprenticeship and didn't get a fair return for it at he trade table

Eagles by 15pts. Not confident though. Will be a big job to bounce back from last week, also will need to outlast Port Power. If struggled to beat St Kilda, not sure how we'll beat a better team; but hopefully we show up.

Last edited:
Cant believe how negative everyone is.I reckon weve got port covered.Cant see them beating us,Weve got a better forward line,a better backline,and yes they may bat deeper in the midfield,but halve the midfield battle,and we win easily imo.Which I think we will do.

gonna be a tough one, but whilst i wouldnt be shocked if port got us, we really should be winning a game like this at home.
Eagles by 2 goals

As a gesture of goodwill and harmony, here is the match banner I created for the Port board. Please be gentle, it's my first time.

SG3ykaU.jpg

This right here is why I love this board.

Looking at that photo of ebert in the op. He looks right in a port jumper, like a natural order was restored. Just a shame we gave him such a good apprenticeship and didn't get a fair return for it at he trade table
he had a great apprenticeship and was offered every opportunity - he failed in big games and you see the same trait remains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got no issues with Ebert.

I've just got an issue with the Power ******* us on the trade.

28 was an insult on its own, throw in the pick downgrade on top of that. Syds

Looking forward to our chance to pay them back.
But thats in hindsight! He was playing average with us at the time imo. You pay extra so we probably should have got say a pick 22.......now we would say we should have gotten a pick 12-15

But thats in hindsight! He was playing average with us at the time imo. You pay extra so we probably should have got say a pick 22.......now we would say we should have gotten a pick 12-15

It wasn't in hindsight. They were my thoughts at the time, and they were also thoughts of many.

It is a grudge I will hold until this wrong is righted.

Cant believe how negative everyone is.I reckon weve got port covered.Cant see them beating us,Weve got a better forward line,a better backline,and yes they may bat deeper in the midfield,but halve the midfield battle,and we win easily imo.Which I think we will do.

I think you underestimate our backline; Trengove, Jonas and Carlile have been very solid this year so have our runners back there with Broadbent being used to great effect. We'll likely lose Hombsch but have Clurey ready to go who didn't do anything to get dropped after round 1 (made way for Carlile). On average we've conceded an average of 9.5 marks inside 50 to the opposition compared to your 11.5. However, we've conceded 20.8 scoring shots to your 17.2. Admittedly, the thumping we gave Brisbane will muddy the stats up a little though.

In the forward line we've averaged 31.5 scoring shots to your 24.3 for an average of 18.5 goals to 13.8 so I would say it's more even up forward than you think. Schulz has just kicked 7, the Hoff is in good form and we haven't had any trouble getting goals out of our mids especially with Hartlett banging them from outside 50.

Really looking forward to the contest, hopefully it's hard fought and there are no injuries to either side. Good luck :)

Brad Ebert never felt he was accepted WCE. Watched him closely and he was burned a lot.
Very glad he's back where he belongs. His disposal efficiency is/can be an issue sought of
heart in mouth stuff but his running to space and just gut busting efforts are gr8.
He has improved all aspects of his game tho and lets be honest having him back is
sort of the natural order of things.
Incidently do you guys get a WA segment on Footy Classified as we have this yr. Most welcome
as the Vic centric aspect of all footy shows is like the umpiring bias enough to drive ya mad.
Anyway lets hope for a ripper game n no injuries.

Brad Ebert never felt he was accepted WCE. Watched him closely and he was burned a lot.
Very glad he's back where he belongs. His disposal efficiency is/can be an issue sought of
heart in mouth stuff but his running to space and just gut busting efforts are gr8.
He has improved all aspects of his game tho and lets be honest having him back is
sort of the natural order of things.
Incidently do you guys get a WA segment on Footy Classified as we have this yr. Most welcome
as the Vic centric aspect of all footy shows is like the umpiring bias enough to drive ya mad.
Anyway lets hope for a ripper game n no injuries.

Ebert never did enough. Much maligned I felt, seemed destined to leave. Has been great for him.

Was never given the chance to do much more IMO.

He had opportunity to cement his spot and never did, thus being dropped late into the season.

F@ck Adelaide and f@ck those self-assured ass kissers waxing lyrical about how Adelaide oval is the greatest accomplishment in recorded history, about how it cures ebola and saves virgins.

F@ck Port Adelaide and the media tripping over themselves to appraise their b-grade list as exciting and dynamic and OMG WINGARDDDDD. Meanwhile the team beats up on twin powerhouses of football, Carlton and the Brisbane Lions.

Let's crush these turquoise wonders. Wtf is Power anyway, what a stupid bloody name for a team.

Eagles by 134 points.

Priddis to poll 4 votes.
As opposed to your smashing of the Top-4 Melbourne Football Club.

Your backline is indeed better. But to say you have a better front six is drawing a pretty long bow. This statement is sponsored by the fact that we have kicked a shite load more goals then you guys this year. Not to say your forward line is not good, Darling is a beast and JK is a superstar (I especially enjoyed his left foot sealer against the Crows last year.) I just believe our forward line has the edge.

He had opportunity to cement his spot and never did, thus being dropped late into the season.
When was he ever given an extended run in the middle? I don't really remember it happening. We put all our eggs in the one basket for that inside midfielder spot, sadly. Maybe he would have left regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back