SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the betting on Chelsea Heights V Heatherton tomorrow? Tipping CH by 60 points

The Heights will have a very young side later today.

Roberts,Murphy,Barr,Mouritz,Gilder,Downie,Johnstone,Attard,Shelton and Fry all not playing from the semi final loss last season to Dingley.

Tipping them to win by 24 points at Ross St.

Last edited:
Went down to Ross St. today in the absence of amateur football. Was far from impressed at the poorest standard of football. Heatherton looked like they'd struggle to field a side in Div 1(4th tier) ammos, with a plethora of blokes who looked like they'd just started preseason rather than finished it...... disgrace

Harsh but probably true. I'm a local but I've only been to about 2-3 games of SFL in the 4 or so years I've lived around here after growing up and playing in the Yarra Valley, went along today. Heatherton's skills were terrible in the warm ups and it sadly didn't get any better after that. Didn't have a record so was trying to find jumper numbers on my phone, number 13 looked like he'd played a better level but couldn't run 10 metres before putting his hands on hips. Looking up numbers now it seems C H's best fwd is straight out of the Springvale Districts 2nd's. No wonder there wasn't much of a crowd, this match was no exhibition.

Harsh but probably true. I'm a local but I've only been to about 2-3 games of SFL in the 4 or so years I've lived around here after growing up and playing in the Yarra Valley, went along today. Heatherton's skills were terrible in the warm ups and it sadly didn't get any better after that. Didn't have a record so was trying to find jumper numbers on my phone, number 13 looked like he'd played a better level but couldn't run 10 metres before putting his hands on hips. Looking up numbers now it seems C H's best fwd is straight out of the Springvale Districts 2nd's. No wonder there wasn't much of a crowd, this match was no exhibition.
Ch best forward is actually from oakleifh district divi 2 I believe

Ash Beasy is out of Springvales 2nds, where as the best Heights forward in Manders kicked 7.
Davison will be a good recruit for them, but fair to say both sides will be closer to Div 2 then finals this season in Div 1.

Wasn't far off the money at 60 points. What was it 54 in the end? 1 kick They'll struggle to win a game at the Tunners another yoyo

So the season starts
Ladder for 2014
Cheltenham
Dingley
St Pauls
East Brighton

St Kilda City
Clayton
Chelsea Heights
East Malvern
Bentleigh

Heatherton

Tips R1
St Kilda City x2G v Bentleigh
Clayton v Cheltenham x5G
Dingley x4G v East Malvern
East Brighton v St Pauls x3G
Heatherton v Chelsea Heights x5G

Tips R2
St Pauls x 20pts v St Kilda City
East Malvern v Clayton x 11pts
Bentleigh v Dingley x 18pts
Chelsea Heights v East Brighton x 20pts
Cheltenham x 95pts v Heatherton
Can't see Heatherton winning a game this year

Tips R2
Can't see Heatherton winning a game this year
Doggies by 45
Clayton by 20
Dingley by 40
East Brighton by 60
Chelt by 80

Those complaining about the standard of the Good Friday game between Heatherton & Chelsea Heights, what's to say that the game has to be between two division 1 teams. What's saying that the game couldn't be played between a Mordialloc & Skye? Game would've been of a better standard & the crowd would've been 4 times that of Friday's game as the crowd almost were outnumbered by cars alone the fence at Ross St.

For what it's worth

St. Pauls by 25
Clayton by 10 points
Dingley easily
East Brighton by 15
Cheltenham by the length of the straight with one leg in the air

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beau Dowler to Heatherton according to the clearances.

Surely its not the Dowler who plays at Sandy. It would take more than a truckload of money to entice a decent player down there. I don't think they'll win a game
Must be someone else with same name

Surely its not the Dowler who plays at Sandy. It would take more than a truckload of money to entice a decent player down there. I don't think they'll win a game
Must be someone else with same name

He's cleared from the EFL, and he played at Noble Park before going to Sandy.

Don't you just play in the VFL through a permit?

Tips R2
Good win by Clayton and it showed that East Malvern are no easy beats any more
Sounds like StPauls and East Brighton are going to be missing a few players, so could we see a shock result today?
Now seeing Chelts team I'm tipping them to win by 120+pts
It would be good for the comp if Heatherton can pick up a few more players as they look the only team that is not up to 1st Div at the moment

Tips R3
Chelsea Heights vs St Pauls x11pts
East Brighton vs Cheltenham x24pts
Heatherton vs East Malvern x44pts
Clayton x4pts vs Bentleigh
Dingley x14pts vs St Kilda City

Remove this Banner Ad

Back