Toast Pav's 300th: Blubberfest #1

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Pav has got him to almost 300 games well before any slime player, considering the many stars they had during the 90s, and having about 8 years head start on us? All round durability and fabulousness? Better training facilities? Better recovery/rehab regimes? The fact that the Dockers are just better full stop? Both teams travel roughly once a fortnight, so what has been the difference?

Just quietly, I wouldn't be surprised if lack of finals helped a little, just allowing the body that bit of extra time to get ready for the next year. Despite starting off as a baby giraffe, Cox has now become their most capped player and I don't think it's a coincidence that he's done it during probably their most unsuccessful period.

We could forever hold our head high when we chose Pav as our captain. I would like to see something named after him: a wing, a medal, a trophy, something! Any suggestions? What about renaming Perth to Pavton?

I don't see why we can't put a statue of him up somewhere around Fremantle Oval. One of these poses will do:

115912028_10.jpg

Matthew+Pavlich+AFL+Rd+11+Richmond+v+Fremantle+HVFT29HJ8K0l.jpg

I don't see why we can't put a statue of him up somewhere around Fremantle Oval. One of these poses will do:

115912028_10.jpg

I will suggest the bottom one, nicely understated but I am just too good for you lot look. The top one reminds me of a former Port Adelaide Captain!

Yeah I reckon the bottom one. 100 feet high, on top of the roundhouse, made of gold, spotlighted and facing out to sea.

Will need a gigantic billowing purple cape attached as well. Maybe whenever Freo wins a game in the future the statue's mouth will open and a low guttural "IT'S WHARFIE TIME!" will boom out 29 times.

Will need a gigantic billowing purple cape attached as well. Maybe whenever Freo wins a game in the future the statue's mouth will open and a low guttural "IT'S WHARFIE TIME!" will boom out 29 times.
This. All of this. Make it happen. Do whatever it takes.

Sent from my pants using Trousertalk V1.06

115912028_10.jpg

572162-matthew-pavlich.jpg

Pav likes this :thumbsu:

Also on another note: **** me our jumpers looks amazing. Google image search makes some of the old pics crop up and they were great at the time, but look incredibly average in comparison to the new ones

Shall we all show our gratitude by changing our Avatar to a pic of Pav to the lead up of the great mans 300th. The same pic of Pav would be cool to see spread all over the main board and the bay every time a freo poster posts on a thread. Our board might look a little confusing though.

Shall we all show our gratitude by changing our Avatar to a pic of Pav to the lead up of the great mans 300th. The same pic of Pav would be cool to see spread all over the main board and the bay every time a freo poster posts on a thread. Our board might look a little confusing though.

What a great idea!

Good job but can you get rid of that facial hair? we don't want him looking like those bell ends North of the river.

Agreed. The facial hair looks a little bit odd on the chosen one

pav300_2.jpg

Also made the cape purple. Because superman cape, superpav and wharfie time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last few, then bed time (they might all be crap - if so, apologies!) :)

Matthew+Pavlich+Luke+McPharlin+KqUPt-VQakrm.jpg

Matthew+Pavlich+pQo5UzOvfS0m.jpg

pavlich-matthew-040910.jpg

Try this one:

pav300_3.jpg

Got ride of the 300 guy all together - was too hard/fiddly to merge Pav's face

Edit: also made bigger and modified background slightly. Also Judd is in there somewhere on this one below:

pav300_4.jpg

Last edited:
Reckon one of my favourite Pavlich moments was that final against Geelong down in the Troit last year. Nerves a plenty, everyone seemingly knew but never actually said that if Fremantle won that, Freo would be in the Grand Final. It was down the end I was in, the Cats kept just pushing it into the 50, and it was when Pav came in and split the pack and made that spoil. Grand Final bound from that moment. Everything seemed pretty appropriate about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back