Cheers from Poland

Remove this Banner Ad

HTML:
http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20110505222056974
I found team from Poland! I must write to them now.

This is sweet kotek.
64eed772e7a5356e3033cb16baa6f94f_original.jpg

Hello,

Wow! This is cool, first polish team ever. Very exciting hope it really takes off in Poland. I was just thinking recently that it would be a good idea to get Sydney swans over to Poland to promote AFL as they have same colors as polish flag. They could play a game with any other Aussie team at the national stadium. Would be great to watch.

Hello,

Wow! This is cool, first polish team ever. Very exciting hope it really takes off in Poland. I was just thinking recently that it would be a good idea to get Sydney swans over to Poland to promote AFL as they have same colors as polish flag. They could play a game with any other Aussie team at the national stadium. Would be great to watch.

This was the first Polish Footy team but they arent currently active but I am looking people from my area to play Footy. Game at the national stadium would be great but in Poland nobody heard about Aussie Rules.

This was the first Polish Footy team but they arent currently active but I am looking people from my area to play Footy. Game at the national stadium would be great but in Poland nobody heard about Aussie Rules.

Shame that they are inactive. Well it is high time somebody made them aware of the greatest game In the world.

Are you sure about that one? I had assumed he is of Hungarian descent, on the basis of the city of Veszprem.

Not entirely insofar as I read about it on AFL.com ages ago and remembered solely because I am Polish too. Could the ravages of time on my poor brain tho.

Not entirely insofar as I read about it on AFL.com ages ago and remembered solely because I am Polish too. Could the ravages of time on my poor brain tho.

It's not inconceivable that it's both Polish and Hungarian. My Hungarian wife claimed him as one of theirs, along with Arryn Siposs.

Hi I am Szymon,19 years old guy from Poland and I love Australian Football because it is the best sport that I have ever seen. I discovered this sport 2 years ago at Eurosport and now every Saturday I watch AFL. My favorite team is GWS Giants because it is the newest team in the AFL and now the weakest but I hope that they can win a few matches in this season and in the next they will fight for top 8. Also I like North Melbourne because Will Sierakowski playing there and he have Polish ancestry. I joined this forum because I want learn more about GWS and Aussie Rules.
Unfortunately, in Poland does not have any Footy fans but for example Rugby or American Football have. I hope I will learn a lot here about Australian Football.

Cheers

Transport: Ford Focus

Team: GWS Giants

Other Sports: Football,Handball,Ski Jumping

Favourite Foods: Kebab,Pizza,Traditional Polish Food

Favourite Drinks: Beer

Yahoo/MSN Messenger Address: wilkov1912@yahoo.com

Hobbies: Sport,Cooking
Welcome Friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to see a fan from mainland Europe into AFL - still a pretty well kept secret in the sporting landscape on this side of the world. Do you get the games on Eurosport with English commentary or do Eurosport have a local Polish commentator?

Nice to see a fan from mainland Europe into AFL - still a pretty well kept secret in the sporting landscape on this side of the world. Do you get the games on Eurosport with English commentary or do Eurosport have a local Polish commentator?

Hi, two years ago while I was in Poland I accidentally came across afl game on Eurosport and it was all in Polish (2 commentators). I could not get over it, it was quite awkward. I prefer Aussie commentary. Additionally it was a live transmission making it quite difficult to watch as it is early morning in Poland.

Hi Wilkov and welcome! I have one daughter in Prague with her fiance and my other daughter is going to Poland next week..she is there for a month with her best friend who is Polish. Both love AFL we follow the Eagles. Good luck on Bigfooty, it's a great site you will learn alot about our wonderful game.

Hi Wilkov and welcome! I have one daughter in Prague with her fiance and my other daughter is going to Poland next week..she is there for a month with her best friend who is Polish. Both love AFL we follow the Eagles. Good luck on Bigfooty, it's a great site you will learn alot about our wonderful game.

Prague has four teams and a team from Dresden. Not too far from Krakow if a team was started.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back