Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Looks like a change in the Com box for the rest of the season, Matt White's apparently gone back to 10. What impact that will have on next year when 10 have their limited coverage will remain to be seen.

If Seven have got any sense they'll have Aaron Noonan take over from White.In fact start next week.

BTW just be aware there is a race next Friday morning [ANZAC Day] live on 7Mate at about 11.30 A.E.S.T from NZ.There's a race Friday [35 laps],2 races [35 each] on Saturday and a 70 lap race on the sunday.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Seven have got any sense they'll have Aaron Noonan take over from White.In fact start next week.

BTW just be aware there is a race next Friday morning [ANZAC Day] live on 7Mate at about 11.30 A.E.S.T from NZ.There's a race Friday [35 laps],2 races [35 each] on Saturday and a 70 lap race on the sunday.
Thank god it doesn't clash with the Anzac Game, that would of been disaster.
I hope Noonan takes over, one of the best on the broadcast, at both hosting and comentating. That being said, I thought I read that White was leaving at the end of the year.

I like the schedule for NZ, nice long weekend of racing.

Actually I read a few years ago they had stats where there were less safety cars in the days of the 55 car grid (which would obviously have involved more Dunlop Series runners and once a year favorites of Dick Johnson) than there was in the so called elite era, although I'm sure they were less inclined in the late 90's to randomly wave a full course yellow for a car that was in truth well out of danger. Might try to watch the 2000 race though (the wettest race in the V8 era given 1992 was pre-V8) to see the yellow periods.

Watched part of the 2001 Bathurst 1000 highlights this afternoon on SPEED which had 39 entrants. There were a few safety cars early but nothing too major, most were for the rain which hit the track twice inside the first 90 laps.

The race would be a lot better with the extra entries and gives some of the lower ranked "privateer" type teams a chance to compete. Nowadays it seems only those with deep pockets and big chequebooks can compete which I think is wrong. The sport needs to reduce running costs and encourage more teams and people into the sport in order to grow as it seems to be in a decline (at least from a competitive number perspective) in recent times.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
The race would be a lot better with the extra entries and gives some of the lower ranked "privateer" type teams a chance to compete. Nowadays it seems only those with deep pockets and big chequebooks can compete which I think is wrong. The sport needs to reduce running costs and encourage more teams and people into the sport in order to grow as it seems to be in a decline (at least from a competitive number perspective) in recent times.
As far as those type of competitors go, the 12 Hour is the new 1000.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Will be on the C10 broadcast youd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back