2013-14 FA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

For the side universally tipped to come dead last? Not sure how Pulis getting 40 is that much better than Bruce getting 36 AND making FA Cup Final, and not having us in a relegation fight all season.
Because when Pulis took over they were dead certs for relegation. Hull haven't been in that position at all this season. Yet, Palace are now more than a game in front of Hull.

Bruce hasn't achieved anything particularly special outside of avoiding relegation. When you look at the teams going down, it's not that much of an achievement.

For the side universally tipped to come dead last? Not sure how Pulis getting 40 is that much better than Bruce getting 36 AND making FA Cup Final, and not having us in a relegation fight all season.

Pulis hasn't got 40 points he has 36 points just from 22 games instead of 34
Hence why his achivements are more impressive than Bruce this season.

Never mind the fact they will probably finish above Hull this season...

Why should Bruce still be in contention exactly? You're very contradicting.

Because I'd have him in my top 4. Not contradicting.. I think Bruce should be in contention but think it will ultimately go to Pulis or Rodgers.

Just because he is in charge of my club I don't take everything he says for gospel.

Cos if I did it would mean I also agree that the January window is "unfair."

What a moronic statement.

Who said anything about gospel? Just that instead of calling me moronic for thinking bruce is doing a great job acknowledging that other individuals in the game similarly think so.

Fair enough. Personally, don't think Bruce has done anything special enough to be considered but that's just my opinion.

So if Pearson had you guys midtable the entire season next year and secured a cup final you'd shrug your shoulders and say 'meh'?

I'd be happy from a Leicester point of view. I'm not delusional enough to think that makes a top 4 achievement from a manager perspective.

That's the difference.

I don't consider you mid table, you've been sitting comfortably above relegation. You aren't the 10th best team in the league, somewhere between 12-15.

A cup run that you've readily admitted has been one of the easiest in history. Not that impressive.

Who said anything about gospel? Just that instead of calling me moronic for thinking bruce is doing a great job acknowledging that other individuals in the game similarly think so.
My whole point is, Arsene is not exactly a man full of great ideas and wisdom anymore, and it's not like he is gonna come out and say no, he's doing a s**t job, why are we even talking about him.

I was referring to Wonga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Chelsea supporters blindly eat up everything their manager says.

Again, not suggesting taking his word as gospel, just suggesting that maybe I'm not being delusional in suggesting bruce has done a fantastic job.

Anyway, forget it, people went on telling me I'm a moron for suggesting we wouldn't get relegated at the start of the season, now I'm a moron for thinking that finishing mid table is impressive from a side that this was expected from. Go figure.

Wenger might be past his best but he still has far more credibility than anyone on here ever will.

And I think you would have to say that Bruce has done a great job. Having a promoted team avoiding the relegation scrap all season, having them safe with several games to go and in an FA Cup final - that is a fantastic achievement, no matter how you want to spin it.

Bruce is clearly one of (not the best) managers of the season.

Bruce has clearly done a good job with Hull, but as far as manager of the year he is not even in the same ballpark as Rodgers and Pulis. The position they have their club in is so far above expectations (Rodgers) and almost a miracle considering where they were when he took over (Pulis).

I'd have:

Rodgers (only ahead of Pulis because he has been in charge of them all season)
Pulis
Martinez
Bruce
Allardyce
Mourinho
Rest....
Moyes

Pulis has 33 points from 22 league games.

Bruce has managed 3 more points from 11 more games.

What? Who universally tipped Hull to come dead last? That was Palace, which btw Pulis is now managing

You do realise how dire a situation they were at when Pulis took over right? Holloway the clown was on course to making them the worst performing premier league side in history

What? Who universally tipped Hull to come dead last? That was Palace, which btw Pulis is now managing

You do realise how dire a situation they were at when Pulis took over right? Holloway the clown was on course to making them the worst performing premier league side in history
2007-08 Derby?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back