2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone in the know compare Holman's game with someone like Robinson? From description alone (haven't seen Holman play) he seems like a real aggressive rough-guts like Robbo, perhaps lacking some of the polish like Robbo. What would the main differences between their play styles be? Will Holman be more likely to look before throwing it on the boot? I guess, what I'm getting at in my long winded way is ... could he possibly be developed into an upgrade on Robbo or is he a bit small for that? Thanks

Can someone in the know compare Holman's game with someone like Robinson? From description alone (haven't seen Holman play) he seems like a real aggressive rough-guts like Robbo, perhaps lacking some of the polish like Robbo. What would the main differences between their play styles be? Will Holman be more likely to look before throwing it on the boot? I guess, what I'm getting at in my long winded way is ... could he possibly be developed into an upgrade on Robbo or is he a bit small for that? Thanks
Holman's not as kamikaze as Robbo, but still puts his body on the line. He stays on his feet a bit more than Robbo therefore is able to regularly put in second, third & fourth efforts.

His size makes him less imposing than Robbo consequently he is not about to destroy a pack. Holman kicks a lot of short balls ensuring his disposal efficiency is superior to that of Robbo, but at the same time he doesn't have the kicking penetration that Robbo has. Holman probably doesn't have the versatility that Robbo has i.e. he would not be able to play a defensive HFF role on someone like Fletcher, as Robbo has done in the past, nor would he be able to take the contested marks Robbo has taken in the past.

If you wanted to compare Holman's playing style to anyone, I would suggest Luke Ball would be a fairly good comparison.

Holman's not as kamikaze as Robbo, but still puts his body on the line. He stays on his feet a bit more than Robbo therefore is able to regularly put in second, third & fourth efforts.

His size makes him less imposing than Robbo consequently he is not about to destroy a pack. Holman kicks a lot of short balls ensuring his disposal efficiency is superior to that of Robbo, but at the same time he doesn't have the kicking penetration that Robbo has. Holman probably doesn't have the versatility that Robbo has i.e. he would not be able to play a defensive HFF role on someone like Fletcher, as Robbo has done in the past, nor would he be able to take the contested marks Robbo has taken in the past.

If you wanted to compare Holman's playing style to anyone, I would suggest Luke Ball would be a fairly good comparison.

Great reply, thanks MSR :thumbsu:

Considering how Footscray did at VFL level to date, it will be quite a game for the Baby Blues. I don't see us being rated highly, but I really want the Baby Blues to have a red hot go.

Northern Blues

B Buckley Watson McInnes
HB Docherty Bootsma Giles
C Scotland McLean Lucas
HF B. Johnson White Graham
F Garlett Anthony Armfield

R Wood Cachia Bell

Int Reynolds Cattapan* Sheehan Totevski Wilson T. Thomas Holman Temay Bolger Dirago Coulson Emley Wilkinson.

That may just looking like a fair team with some experience behind them.
4 players to disappear to the seniors but still plenty to enjoy watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shall we ask them to delay the start until you get there? I'm sure they wouldn't mind given it is such an early start anyway.

That'd be nice MS, but i'll get the old boy to give me a report when I finally get there.
BTW - what's the parking like at Whitten Oval. Never been there before.

That'd be nice MS, but i'll get the old boy to give me a report when I finally get there.
BTW - what's the parking like at Whitten Oval. Never been there before.
Not really sure about the parking. The times I went there back in the '80s, I caught the train.

Edit. Just had a look on Google Maps & it looks like there is some parking at the ground. Hopefully you can park in there.

Not really sure about the parking. The times I went there back in the '80s, I caught the train.

Edit. Just had a look on Google Maps & it looks like there is some parking at the ground. Hopefully you can park in there.

I asked earlier on the Dogs board about parking.

They gave a whole list of options. Apparently parking at the ground can sometimes be blocked off.

Thanks MS.
One of the few suburban grounds I never got to growing up.
Have driven past it a few times though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back