Preview Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs. Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish knee-jerk reaction.

Knee jerk, that would imply it has only been a bad one week.

Petrie has been s**t this year, shitter than normal.

Currie doesn't offer anything up forward, where he is going to spend most of the game.

Firrito only got a reprieve due to MacMillan's injury, but he got out-marked by a hobbit and is dead weight as soon as the ball hits the ground.

Gibson can't hit targets, doesn't put the body in.

Jacobs can't hit targets, doesn't put the body in.

Grima can't hit targets, Collingwood allowed him to get the ball because they knew he would turn it over.

McKenzie isn't getting enough of the ball, isn't using it well, making poor decisions.

We aren't good enough to be carrying this many players who can't hit targets, can't make good decisions and don't go in hard enough.

In: JZ, Majak
Out: Currie, Jacobs

That's all. Not sure we're going to beat Ross Lyon next week either, but maybe this a season where we put a few of those streaks to rest. If we can also beat the Eagles, that'd be great too.

Currie has to go. Daw has to come.

Spud makes some godawful decisions. He tried, so he stays another week.

JZ and Nahas need to come in. I'd drop Jacobs and McKenzie.

Mullett stunk today, gets another chance.

Knee jerk, that would imply it has only been a bad one week.

Firrito only got a reprieve due to MacMillan's injury, but he got out-marked by a hobbit and is dead weight as soon as the ball hits the ground.

Gibson can't hit targets, doesn't put the body in.

Grima can't hit targets, Collingwood allowed him to get the ball because they knew he would turn it over.

McKenzie isn't getting enough of the ball, isn't using it well, making poor decisions.

All rubbish.

All have good games this season. Firitto and Gibson were in our bests today (hardly a feat though).

All rubbish.

All have good games this season. Firitto and Gibson were in our bests today (hardly a feat though).

If that is a good standard then watch the replay again, because it is the kinda rubbish we can expect to keep seeing when we do not demand a high enough standard.

If Petrie gets a game I wont even bother watching it because we are just rewarding mediocrity and he knows he doesn't deserve to be in the side and isn't rewarding Brad Scott for his faith in him.
Unless wood replaces him we have nobody else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame, he had so much potential until the injuries..

He's had an interruped start to this year so I'm not expecting too much yet. I really do hope he can rediscover the spark further into the year though.

Team loses, let's focus on player deficiencies. Team wins, let's talk about how good they are.

From a balanced point of view.

In: Ziebell, Nahas

Ziebell comes in for Currie and to play predominantly in the forwardline rotating into midfield. We lacked a presence up forward today other than Drew. Ziebell will provide that as well as forward pressure.

Jacobs needs to play a full game, he hasn't been good enough to earn one in the AFL so back to North Ballarat for BJ. In comes Nahas to play as the sub, to give us some spark coming on late. Wide spaces of subi could suit him coming in with fresh legs ala Matty Campbell style two years ago.

Drew will have to do some rucking and find some touches around the ground.

I just dont see why Scott doesn't change things up when its not going our way, sure players were all rather poor today but why not mix it up,
Sent Petrie down back move Hansen forward, maybe even put Petrie on Cloke and release Thompson to add some run, send Mullet to half forward,
Im just sick of watching the same thing happen, teams have bad days... we had ours but why just sit there and do nothing about it.....
Firrito is a decent spare man but we have better why not switch it up....

Yes players should have their standard positions but when you are getting smashed bring out some moves....

Think this is rough - ball was coming in thick and fast without pressure on the ball carrier, and he was just about the only one for us who wasn't just 100% focused on get ball dispose of ball when it was in dispute, he looked to help out his younger teammates, or find someone with a bit more time & space. Definitely wasn't in our bottom few today.

Serious questions need to be asked of Thomas and Mullett though. Seriously good players, serious subpar seasons. Thomas has played one very good game, one pass game and 3 very poor ones. He's kicked only 3 more goals than he has given free kicks away, and exclude the Essendon game he is 6 goals 7 frees against, at the moment he's too easily shaken and too undisciplined and I doubt we can carry this version of LT through to a home final. LT2.0(13) needs to be found. Mullett has obviously gone backwards since 2013, while we're only 5 games in so no need to hit the panic stations yet, it doesn't look good. I'm somewhat worried he's carrying an injury/lacking fitness, and as shown with Adams last year, it can take half a season to get it right. Even in the Port game, his best statistically (22 disposals & 2 goals) I felt he lacked impact.

There's a reason Currie took so long to debut (hmmm what about Tippett then...). Quite accepting of the fact now that the chop out he gives Goldy is not worth enough.

Jacobs was poor today but s**t he had a quarter and a bit, he looked out of depth but who didn't...

Petrie maybe carrying something, he's never been a 22 weeks performer but can't remember him being this average over a 5 week period...

Atley will get better when the team gets better. He is a panicky player but when he gets the ball, takes off to give us some run, and then looks and sees 6 Pies players and one North guy calling for a 60 meter kick, what else is he supposed to do. Still turns it over often but am happy that he is giving us something now, will turn it over less once his brain starts thinking as quick as his legs.

Nahas surely gets a reprieve, and Ziebell in with fit.

I'm confident that as we improve the 14-22nd players on our list, not only will that portion of the list improve the number of games we win, it will improve the top dozen players output as well. Cunners the shining light so far this season.

In: Ziebell, Nahas

I know it was far fetched, but Petrie is so uninspiring as a captain and we need it to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't see what's holding us back from taking the C off Petrie while Swallow is out (other than Ziebell missing). Give it to JZ who should come back in this week and would be hurting more from missing games than Petrie seems to from losing them. JZ would have been furious today. He will be itching to get out there next week and make a much overdue statement against a Ross Lyon team.

And it's a wake up call to Petrie without dropping him for a clearly lesser player (e.g. Daw) which will affect us playing wise (at least Drew knows where to run).

Goldy set the tone today. His 3 pathetic efforts in the 1st quarter were disgraceful.

Out:,Currie, Grima, Jacobs, Gibson
In: Wood, Daw, Ziebell, Tippett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B: Mullet Thompson Hansen
HB: Atley Tippet McDonald
C: Bastinac Dal Santo Gibson
HF: Harvey Black Ziebell
F: Wells Petrie Thomas
R: Goldstein Cunnington Greenwood
I: Adams Daw Nahas McKenzie

After round 1 everyone got a 2nd chance. Not this time
IN: Tippet Ziebell Daw Nahas
OUT: Grima Jacobs Currie Firrito

Spud and Narnie were extremely disapointing today. Didnt go hard enough on the contest. Currie a no brainer and Jacobs when there was NO pressure at all, geez you cant call that AFL standard. And I love Narnie but he was so poor. Even after a good 2 weeks. I cant justify him getting another game.
l like tippett in our side good backman and should also be tried in forward line instead of currie way more moblie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back