Help Get 7 Sport To Broadcast in Full HD

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are the broadcasting laws this way? Didn't everything jsut recently become digital? Hence HD is fine across all channels? Dumbass aussie government.

Interesting that BT is blowing his load about how clear the new scoreboards at the G are during channel 7's SD telecast.

This free to air commentary on PAY TV is bullshit. I cough up my coin not to listen to BT's crap and have to put up with this!

Give me Whately any day of the week over this crew of morons.

Why are the broadcasting laws this way? Didn't everything jsut recently become digital? Hence HD is fine across all channels? Dumbass aussie government.

Digital does not equal HD. Just because everybody has access to digital TV now, doesn't mean everybody can receive an HD signal.

Many people would have gone for the cheapest possible option (or didn't know the difference) and got an SD-only set top box. Those people cannot receive 7mate, Gem or One.

As discussed, problems around ad revenue is the main reason 7 won't show the AFL on 7mate. They also won't change the primary 7 channel to HD because they'll be shutting out access to that channel to the many people who are SD-only.

The only way it changes is if the government either allow an extra HD channel so they can simulcast primary 7 in both SD and HD, or allow an extra SD channel and the networks move the content currently on their HD channels (7mate/Gem/One) to the new SD channel, and use the HD for a simulcast of the primary.

I don't like that its SD-only, but I understand why it is so. Its just a commercial reality. And while I prefer HD and can most definitely tell the difference, I'm not going to stop watching just because its SD only. Its still more than watchable.

This free to air commentary on PAY TV is bullshit. I cough up my coin not to listen to BT's crap and have to put up with this!

Fox needs a press red for alternative commentary on all games, whether 7 ones or their own....

92% of the population have HD set top boxes. That should be enough now for the govt to change the legislation to make HD the primary channel. Boxes are $40.

As for pay tv. Where are all the different camera angles we were promised 10 years ago that would allow us to be our own director. Nowhere. Dont get me started on foxtel. Srill providing dolby digital 2.0 audio instead of 5.1 too. Pathetic.

I read an article in a tv forum somewhere. Cant recall at the moment.
Is it just me or is the ch7 SD bitrate getting worse. Thursday nights game at the gabba looked terrible. Wide shots were deplorable on my 65 inch set.

Maybe 7 need to bite the bullet and demand the fed govt change the legislation, make their primary channel HD and improve the bitrate....

bumping an old thread - did 7 record the GF last year in HD (even if they didnt broadcast it on the day?)
was the fox replay HD or the usual upscaled SD they do for 7 games through the season?
i wonder if pressure should be applied now to get 7 to record the GF in HD (well, ideally broadcast it in HD simulacast on 7mate)

bumping an old thread - did 7 record the GF last year in HD (even if they didnt broadcast it on the day?)
was the fox replay HD or the usual upscaled SD they do for 7 games through the season?
i wonder if pressure should be applied now to get 7 to record the GF in HD (well, ideally broadcast it in HD simulacast on 7mate)

No broadcast in HD. You can only purchase a DVD, no Blu ray disk. And any replay on Fox Footy HD is only upscaled SD.

Staggering isnt it. Im sure they film it in HD. The signal gets downgraded in the production truck. They use HD cameras and international broadcasters receive the HD signal and yet they release the disc in upscaled SD.
i wonder what format they gave to the AFL that goes into the archives library.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can watch a game of badminton between some Australian and Kenyan in HD on commercial television, but I can't do the same with a game of footy. :drunk:

I thought it's to do with having to play it on their HD station which has different scheduling and of course they still have to show it on their SD station for those without access to HD.
They should do it anyway. Cheapskates!

Can't they duel broadcast it 7 for SD and one of the other channels for HD, s**t kick off one of the advertisement that's are playing 24/7 for ab blasters or the soup thing for a few hours

My understanding is that the cameras they use support HD, still unsure as to why they dont show the AFL in HD. For a professional sport in 2014 its laughable.

Cameras are definitely good enough, quality of vision on Adelaide Oval big screen for Crows v Hawks Friday Night was absolutely crystal clear.

Yet the broadcast, even on FoxFooty (Which didn't seem to upscale that day) was beyond poo.

Funny I was on the brink of getting footer again, then I watched port vs Sydney in Adelaide.

There is no way in the world I'm paying to hear that s**t. Richelieu (sp) is by far the worst commentator of any sport in the country.

People rightly complained about Roosy but this muppet is worse, the bloke they paired him with wasn't to flash either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back