Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sunday April 20th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Final ins and outs:
In: Boyd, Smith, Williams
Out: Shaw (inj), Townsend, Sumner

Emg: O'Rourke, Buntine, Phillips

Tomorrow's match is really important for the Giants. If they can stand up against the Crows hardened bodies and make a game of it, it will gain the respect of the whole comp. But if the Crows run over the top of them, it will be like 2013 revisited. Some of things that need to happen;
1. Start the game hard as, try and win the first 2 quarters; this could rattle the Crows, who aren't high on confidence
2. Take your chances, kick straight; it's how we beat the Swans
3. Backline must 'stand tall', backline must rebound.

Jeepers were tall!

What position does Tommo play? If Boyd has been tagged as forward and 2nd ruck?

WHE come on son :)

I shall be at this match tomorrow in my Port gear (free tickets) gallantly cheering for your mob from the hill at Adelaide Oval. Im excited to see this forward line. And Boyd in general. Good luck.

Rutten on Patton worries me.
yep,rutten not moving at all these days,must watched match up.
who does the buggstar get.?
shaw cleaning up the swill and delivering pill,will be missed.
quick feeds into f50,needed against crows.

Anyone here believe you're a good chance to win today?

I've put some money on the Giants after I had a premonition (it was only a line bet, as I'm afraid my prem might come back and bite me on the bum:oops:)

Go Giants! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have played so well all year so far and have won more games than the crows against better opposition . Then why are the fans on their board super confident of a 100 point win after a win against at Kilda ?

So we have played so well all year so far and have won more games than the crows against better opposition . Then why are the fans on their board super confident of a 100 point win after a win against at Kilda ?

Because we've lost the only three games against them by a total of 300 points. That's an average winning/losing margin of 100 points. We get within 40 away from home and I'll be happy.

Because we've lost the only three games against them by a total of 300 points. That's an average winning/losing margin of 100 points. We get within 40 away from home and I'll be happy.

Good point. I hate cockiness though. It's hard to be cocky in AFL footy. Anything can happen. Hope we put them back In there shell and beat them. Their board will go into meltdown

This is a game you guys must win to be considered a decent side, Adelaide are playing poorly this year, its away from home, its a great chance for your club to stake a claim for a top 8 spot, if your side shows some spirit and wins, then you might be battling for a finals spot at the end of the year...

This is a game you guys must win to be considered a decent side, Adelaide are playing poorly this year, its away from home, its a great chance for your club to stake a claim for a top 8 spot, if your side shows some spirit and wins, then you might be battling for a finals spot at the end of the year...

Don't forget though Mumford and Shaw were very important cogs in those wins.
Without them both we lose 300 games of experience

I honestly haven't seen one post on our board portraying this so-called confidence or cockiness. Most of us realistically know where we're at, and are confident that we'll win today, but acknowledge GWS's improvement and know it won't be a walk in the park. If it was being played in Sydney I and many of our supporters I'm sure wouldn't be overly confident of a win at all.

Rutten late out for the Crows

Sam Shaw replacing him

Good point. I hate cockiness though. It's hard to be cocky in AFL footy. Anything can happen. Hope we put them back In there shell and beat them. Their board will go into meltdown

I think cockiness is the last thing that can describe the Adelaide board at the moment

Great kick from Lamb - where do GWS fans see him fitting into the team (or not) in the coming years?

Whoever is on Dangerfield needs to get their s**t together, he is killing us ATM......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back